Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

How many "-trons"?

Can't find a category for your topic? Post your Transformers General Discussions here!

Re: How many "-trons"?

Postby TriPredRavage » Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:59 pm

Wing Saber wrote:Terranotron
Ya mean Swoop? ;) :lol:

Mechatron
Seibertron
TriPredRavage

Postby Wing Saber » Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:01 pm

TriPredRavage wrote:
Wing Saber wrote:Terranotron
Ya mean Swoop? ;) :lol:

Terranotron was a Dinobot in Beast Machines
Wing Saber

Postby TriPredRavage » Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:04 pm

Wing Saber wrote:Terranotron was a Dinobot in Beast Machines
Terranotron was also a Dinobot figure released around the time of Armada in a two-pack with Grimlock. He was also released under the name of Swoop.
TriPredRavage

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:17 pm

TriPredRavage wrote:Eitherway, though, the official version is Blendtron now.
The official English version is. There's a difference between a Romanization, a transliteration, and a renaming.

Let me use Lio Convoy/Leo Prime as an example.
ライオコンボイ Romanizes out to "Raio Konboi"
ライオコンボイ transliterates into "Lio Convoy"
ライオコンボイ was renamed in English as "Leo Prime"

For Blendtron/Blentron, ブレントロン Romanizes out to "Burentoron", transliterates into "Blentron", and was renamed in English "Blendtron". The transliterations are the official Japanese names.

And I just now went and watched their anime debut, and I'm definitely hearing "Erufaorufa" (rather than "Erefōka") when Elephorca says "Elphaorpha, Henshin!" both times.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Wing Saber » Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:31 pm

Dancitron
Grid Deltron
Wing Saber

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:34 pm

Wing Saber wrote:Dancitron
Grid Deltron
Oh, very obscure indeed. Good ones. 8-)

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Wing Saber » Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:35 pm

Sabrblade wrote:Oh, very obscure indeed. Good ones. 8-)

This is the result of hitting the "random page" button of tfwiki 20-billion times
Wing Saber

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:36 pm

Wing Saber wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Oh, very obscure indeed. Good ones. 8-)

This is the result of hitting the "random page" button of tfwiki 20-billion times
LOL I've done that before too. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anyway: Voltron (nah just kidding :P )

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby TriPredRavage » Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:38 pm

Sabrblade wrote:And I just now went and watched their anime debut, and I'm definitely hearing "Erufaorufa" (rather than "Erefōka") when Elephorca says "Elphaorpha, Henshin!" both times.
You know what I think it is? It's that the Blendtrons' voices are so synthed that they've always sounded like garbles to me. So I've always thought it sounded like Elephorca really mushy, but that's just me.

If you want to agree that Furman and Yee made a lot of odd/silly/stupid choices in the production of the IDW Beast Wars comic materials (including the names/naming of characters/groups), I can definitely agree with that.
TriPredRavage

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:42 pm

TriPredRavage wrote:If you want to agree that Furman and Yee made a lot of odd/silly/stupid choices in the production of the IDW Beast Wars comic materials (including the names/naming of characters/groups), I can definitely agree with that.
Oh, there's no doubt about that (though it isn't completely 100% stupid, there is some interesting stuff in there as well). My guess is that neither was aware of the proper transliteration and had assumed that what they had come to and ended up using was correct and/or made more sense to them. If I can find Yee's old review of the book via WayBack, I'll see if he comments about such translations. (EDIT: Looks like I don't need WayBack after all. He's restored both reviews of Books 1-2 onto his current site)

Anywho, Alligatron.

Sabrblade
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers - General Discussion