Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

TransFan Productions

Can't find a category for your topic? Post your Transformers General Discussions here!

Re: TransFan Productions

Postby TriPredRavage » Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:10 pm

After a friend of mine saw my Moving Violations dub, he wanted to try his hand at comic fandubbing as well, so he decided to do a scene from Stunti-Con Job and asked me to reprise my role and help him out. For his first fandub, I think he did really well. I hope you guys enjoy it!

TriPredRavage

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:24 pm

TriPredRavage wrote:After a friend of mine saw my Moving Violations dub, he wanted to try his hand at comic fandubbing as well, so he decided to do a scene from Stunti-Con Job and asked me to reprise my role and help him out. For his first fandub, I think he did really well. I hope you guys enjoy it!
I'm sorry, but, to be frank, after having heard the official voiced version, this just doesn't sit well with me. Sideswipe sounds way too young, Cheetor isn't energetic enough, and Toxitron isn't as funny or dimwitted-sounding as David Kaye made him sound.

Plus, I wouldn't make much more of these with this story if I were you, since Fun Pub is gonna be releasing the official version of the script-reading on the Internet sooner or later (hopefully "sooner" than "later", but what on Earth is taking so long with their release of it?).
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby TriPredRavage » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:10 pm

Sabrblade wrote:I'm sorry, but, to be frank, after having heard the official voiced version, this just doesn't sit well with me. Sideswipe sounds way too young, Cheetor isn't energetic enough, and Toxitron isn't as funny or dimwitted-sounding as David Kaye made him sound.

Plus, I wouldn't make much more of these with this story if I were you, since Fun Pub is gonna be releasing the official version of the script-reading on the Internet sooner or later (hopefully "sooner" than "later", but what on Earth is taking so long with their release of it?).
I'm sorry, but to be equally frank, I don't really care that it doesn't sit well with you because they don't sound like the "official" voices. In my case, I voiced Cheetor first, and while I don't think for a moment that makes me an official voice or anything like that, I'm not about to change my performance just because there was a script reading performance, which only a handful of people have seen. That said, I don't think my buddy has seen it either, so I highly doubt he cares that he doesn't sound like the script reading either.

Beyond that, who cares that we don't sound like the "official" voices? Transformers and Batman are the only things this happens with. If Optimus Prime isn't played by/doesn't sound like Peter Cullen, people flip. If Batman and the Joker aren't played by Kevin Conroy and Mark Hamill, it's not good enough. Give me a break. There are plenty of actors out there who give great performances, and really give it their all, but it amounts to nothing due to an unrelenting fanbase. As if the changing of a cast is the end-all-be-all of a series. Remember when David Kaye played Optimus Prime and didn't sound anything like any of the past 20 years of Optimuses? And it was amazing! People need to learn to let it go. They can't and won't be the voices forever.

Like I said, not many people have seen the live script reading (in the grand scheme of things, that is. I'm sure the room was packed). I don't know what FunPub is waiting for, and I don't particularly care. This is all just for fun, and our love of the series anyway. People will always go about doing things their own way, and that should be embraced. If we had set out with the intent of sounding like somebody, then we would have failed. But we didn't. The goal was to make a fun little video doing something we love about something we love, so the video is nothing but success. If you don't like it just because you can't get past your personal bias and need for everything to sound like somebody else, then you shouldn't watch it because it's not intended for you. But if you want to have fun with us as we have fun doing something and doing it well, then come along and enjoy.
TriPredRavage

Postby ironrod prime » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:06 pm

woa trip calm down he just meant after hearing the real thing he cant hear anything else without it making him feel wierd

no reason to get a wad in your tail pipe
ironrod prime

Postby TriPredRavage » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:17 pm

ironrod prime wrote:woa trip calm down he just meant after hearing the real thing he cant hear anything else without it making him feel wierd

no reason to get a wad in your tail pipe
This is actually why I hate text based communication like this. I'm actually really calm. (I have a degree in public speaking, so I can communicate very well in person, but my words seem to carry the wrong message when only in text.) I assure you, what I said was well thought out, and proofread several times, though, so I'm not just flying off the handle here.

This isn't the first time I've encountered this, and it surely won't be the last. Being somebody who is pursuing and succeeding in voice over, this is something I have to be prepared for, but rather than get angry about it, I try to educate on the matter. Now, I am passionate about this, so I can understand why it seems like I'm frustrated or angry, but I assure you, I'm not. There's no love lost from my end to Sabr. He's still my bud, and I still love talkin' to him about stuff, but he's on that other side of the fence, and it's something I try to address when I encounter it.

So, yeah. There's no wad in my tailpipe. :lol:
TriPredRavage

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:29 pm

I't just that, to me, that voice just isn't Animated Sideswipe. His was along the lines of Animated Ratchet's voice. Old, gruff, rough around the edges, the kind of voice that says, "I've been on the force since before your manufacturer was protoformed. I take my job very seriously, and want nothing to do with today's turbo-revving young punks. And there's ain't nothing that's gonna come between me and my upcoming retirement." That kind of voice.

I was just so moved by Neil Ross' amazing performance in this starring role, and now I can't hear anyone but him playing the same part.

And, Toxitron... was totally Bizarro in an Optimus body. :lol:

Man, I so wanna hear this performance again!, Darn it, Fun Pub, get this thing released already! :-(
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby ironrod prime » Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:47 pm

check out this transmetal 2 silverbolt

http://triad3587.tripod.com/Silverbolt1.htm
ironrod prime

Postby Wing Saber » Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:08 pm

This is a quite comedic video review of Prime Deluxe Starscream by internet personality Vengelus, with a cameo from Peaugh!
Wing Saber

Postby ironrod prime » Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:36 pm

an awsome lip sing performance by kalelprime, siverbolt, and cobra comander

guest staring megatron, galvatron, rodimus prime, arcee, springer, ultra magnus, and alpha trion

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snSyTHQAsG0&list=FLaO5KKglk9iE&index=44
ironrod prime

Postby ironrod prime » Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:42 pm

gee ya think

ironrod prime

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers - General Discussion