Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

Transformers name

Can't find a category for your topic? Post your Transformers General Discussions here!

Re: Transformers name

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:18 pm

Unicron fan wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Unicron fan wrote:Waiting to hear your suggestion as well. After all, I may be in need of more Herald names later, thus the more suggestions, the better. :)
Hmm, this is tough. You say he poses as a loyal Autobot, yet any name I think of gives away his nature as a bad guy. And it can't be an existing name, so that makes this more tricky.


He uses another name. ;)
Okay, then that certainly helps. Because now I've got something that works with two names.

Autobot name: Ripcord (never used for TF before; he could have a whip or cable weapon) ;)

Real name: Discord (while this name has been used before, it was only used once and only for a barely-known Mini-Con from the Armada PS2 game). The word means "chaos", "disorder", "disharmony", "harshness", "dissonance", etc.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
User avatar
Sabrblade
Site Admin
 
Posts: 8555
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:09 pm
Location: Tampa, FL

Re: Transformers name

Postby ironrod prime » Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:21 pm

cool kinda lik punch/counter punch an dealer/double dealer
Image
User avatar
ironrod prime
 
Posts: 2746
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:00 pm

Re: Transformers name

Postby Unicron fan » Sun Sep 11, 2011 6:52 pm

ironrod prime wrote:ive got it

shadow shifter


Sounds good. :smile:

Sabrblade wrote:Okay, then that certainly helps. Because now I've got something that works with two names.

Autobot name: Ripcord (never used for TF before; he could have a whip or cable weapon) ;)

Real name: Discord (while this name has been used before, it was only used once and only for a barely-known Mini-Con from the Armada PS2 game). The word means "chaos", "disorder", "disharmony", "harshness", "dissonance", etc.


Wow! I really like this one. :grin:

ironrod prime wrote:cool kinda lik punch/counter punch an dealer/double dealer


Totally agree on that. :smile:

There are several good suggestions here, so the choice has been hard for me to pick. Though I do believe I'll go for Discord as the Herald name. :grin:
User avatar
Unicron fan
 
Posts: 506
Joined: Sun May 29, 2011 12:39 pm

Re: Transformers name

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:05 pm

Cool. :mrgreen:

Though, to be honest, these other names sound a bit too "dark" or "evil" for his Autobot side, as they kinda imply his true villainous nature rather than hide it. Just sayin'. ;)
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
User avatar
Sabrblade
Site Admin
 
Posts: 8555
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:09 pm
Location: Tampa, FL

Re: Transformers name

Postby Unicron fan » Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:20 pm

Sabrblade wrote:Cool. :mrgreen:

Though, to be honest, these other names sound a bit too "dark" or "evil" for his Autobot side, as they kinda imply his true villainous nature rather than hide it. Just sayin'. ;)


True.
That's why he has another name as his Autobot name, meaning a friendly name which doesn't hint at his true nature. ;)
User avatar
Unicron fan
 
Posts: 506
Joined: Sun May 29, 2011 12:39 pm

Re: Transformers name

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:53 pm

Unicron fan wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Cool. :mrgreen:

Though, to be honest, these other names sound a bit too "dark" or "evil" for his Autobot side, as they kinda imply his true villainous nature rather than hide it. Just sayin'. ;)


True.
That's why he has another name as his Autobot name, meaning a friendly name which doesn't hint at his true nature. ;)
The reason I chose "Ripcord" was because:
  • It's never been used before for a TF
  • It bears a slight relation to "Discord", but not explicitly enough to make it obvious (the "-cord" part)
  • It sounds like a faction-neutral name (meaning it could fit for either an Autobot or Decepticon)
  • It's a Hasbro-owned name, so it sounds like it could be a real TF name
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
User avatar
Sabrblade
Site Admin
 
Posts: 8555
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:09 pm
Location: Tampa, FL

Re: Transformers name

Postby Unicron fan » Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:01 pm

Sabrblade wrote:
Unicron fan wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Cool. :mrgreen:

Though, to be honest, these other names sound a bit too "dark" or "evil" for his Autobot side, as they kinda imply his true villainous nature rather than hide it. Just sayin'. ;)


True.
That's why he has another name as his Autobot name, meaning a friendly name which doesn't hint at his true nature. ;)
The reason I chose "Ripcord" was because:
  • It's never been used before for a TF
  • It bears a slight relation to "Discord", but not explicitly enough to make it obvious (the "-cord" part)
  • It sounds like a faction-neutral name (meaning it could fit for either an Autobot or Decepticon)
  • It's a Hasbro-owned name, so it sounds like it could be a real TF name


Make no mistake, I do like the suggestion for the Autobot name as well. :smile:
User avatar
Unicron fan
 
Posts: 506
Joined: Sun May 29, 2011 12:39 pm

Re: Transformers name

Postby Wing Saber » Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:08 pm

Alright, Need some help. This is for my Transformers RP. One of my characters, Dirt Boss, Is getting an upgrade so that he'll be able to use PROJECT BRUTICUS, and I need to decide on a new name (I don't have to have a new name, but I want to take advantage of the opportunity
User avatar
Wing Saber
 
Posts: 2934
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2010 4:39 pm

Re: Transformers name

Postby ironrod prime » Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:47 pm

mega octane?
Image
User avatar
ironrod prime
 
Posts: 2746
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:00 pm

Re: Transformers name

Postby Wing Saber » Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:55 pm

ironrod prime wrote:mega octane?

I would prefer something original
User avatar
Wing Saber
 
Posts: 2934
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2010 4:39 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers - General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 2 guests