Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

Sideways 2012

Can't find a category for your topic? Post your Transformers General Discussions here!

Sideways 2012

Postby Wing Saber » Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:04 pm

This is the official page for Sideways' 2012 Transformers Hall of Fame election campaign!

Let's face it, Armada Sideways is one of the most interesting and mysterious characters in the whole franchise (at least in the cartoons), and Cybertron sideways adds comedy, as well as still being a little mysterious, and his origins being slowly revealed along with his desire for vengence make him interesting!

So vote for Sideways!
User avatar
Wing Saber
 
Posts: 2934
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2010 4:39 pm

Re: Sideways 2012

Postby lioconvoy » Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:12 pm

i don't see it at all.
the hall of fame is for transformers who are well known such as optimus and megatron, bumblebee and starscream etc etc

although sideways is interesting he doesn't have anything that truely stood out to the fandom. he isn't a name that fans know well and that will continue going with the same or variations on the same atributes.


ultra magnus, rodimus prime, cyclonus, those are caricters that deserve a spot.
magnus is the universal stickler for the rules. he is stedfast, solid and unbending. rodimus prime followed optimus and had to fill the gap left by optimus and his developement from that was interesting to see.
cyclonus pritty much controled the decepticon army and was the 1 true decepticon at the time to remain loyal to galvatron even though galvatron was mad as a hatter.

sideways tricked a few people, stole a few minicon pods, returned to unicron and vanished back in to him.

in cybertron he wasn't exactly the same. his caricter changed drasticly and he was more comic relief than anything else.
when you break everything down sideways was pritty much an avatar for unicron. so inducting unicron is more likely than sideways.

in this fandom it is only the caricters from the beginning that are revisited again and again or pure stand outs like dinobot who is possibly the best fictional hero to date.
if anyone gets in for there moment of glory then prowel from animated deserves that recognition much more than the others exept for dinobot
lioconvoy
 
Posts: 487
Joined: Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:01 am
Location: chesterfield england

Re: Sideways 2012

Postby TriPredRavage » Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:59 pm

I think it'll be a while before any character exclusively from the Unicron Trilogy is nominated. Only Shockwave had his U3 version (Shockblast) shown in his video, right? Starscream is already in the Hall of Fame right? The most obvious inductee from the U3 is Starscream, but if they already have a Starscream, odds are they aren't going to single out another Starscream for the HoF no matter how deserving.

Personally, I think the only exception I think they would ever make to having two characters of the same name would be G1 Megatron and BW Megatron. I'm standing by that next year's Beast Wars nominee is going to be either Rattrap, Depth Charge, or BW Megatron. And I honestly think that all three would sweep and be automatic shoe-ins if nominated.

As far as the Unicron Trilogy goes, Sideways is an interesting choice, but his backstory is so messed up going from Armada (Doubleface) to Cybertron (Noisemaze). Actually, pretty much going to Cybertron ruins any potential candidates. Hotshot would have been a good chice being the growing upstart, but then all of his character development is lost in TFC. Jetfire wouldn't be too bad. Scourge is probably the best bet, though.

The truth of the matter is, none of the Unicron Trilogy characters are strong enough on their own. They are all pretty horribly defined by each series. Meaning, they are what they are and they never really become more than that.
User avatar
TriPredRavage
 
Posts: 483
Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:58 pm
Location: The Trees Connecticut

Re: Sideways 2012

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:20 pm

TriPredRavage wrote:I think it'll be a while before any character exclusively from the Unicron Trilogy is nominated. Only Shockwave had his U3 version (Shockblast) shown in his video, right? Starscream is already in the Hall of Fame right? The most obvious inductee from the U3 is Starscream, but if they already have a Starscream, odds are they aren't going to single out another Starscream for the HoF no matter how deserving.
The videos for Optimus, Megatron, Starscream, and Shockwave showed their U3 versions, yes (though, Shockwave has yet to be inducted).

TriPredRavage wrote:Personally, I think the only exception I think they would ever make to having two characters of the same name would be G1 Megatron and BW Megatron. I'm standing by that next year's Beast Wars nominee is going to be either Rattrap, Depth Charge, or BW Megatron. And I honestly think that all three would sweep and be automatic shoe-ins if nominated.
I think it would be best to avoid nominating another Scott McNeil Beast Era character next year, though, as two of his have already won and there need to be more than just his characters getting in. Maybe Beast Megatron, Cheetor, Optimus Primal, or Depth Charge would be good choices.

TriPredRavage wrote:As far as the Unicron Trilogy goes, Sideways is an interesting choice, but his backstory is so messed up going from Armada (Doubleface) to Cybertron (Noisemaze). Actually, pretty much going to Cybertron ruins any potential candidates. Hotshot would have been a good chice being the growing upstart, but then all of his character development is lost in TFC. Jetfire wouldn't be too bad. Scourge is probably the best bet, though.
Hot Shot had much better handled development in Cybertron alone than he had in Armada and Energon combined.

TriPredRavage wrote:The truth of the matter is, none of the Unicron Trilogy characters are strong enough on their own. They are all pretty horribly defined by each series. Meaning, they are what they are and they never really become more than that.
I personally think Vector Prime was one the best characters to come out of the three series, though.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
User avatar
Sabrblade
Site Admin
 
Posts: 8584
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:09 pm
Location: Tampa, FL

Re: Sideways 2012

Postby TriPredRavage » Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:29 pm

Sabrblade wrote:Hot Shot had much better handled development in Cybertron alone than he had in Armada and Energon combined.
Yeah, but it still erases all of his development from the past two series and sets him back to square one.

Sabrblade wrote:I personally think Vector Prime was one the best characters to come out of the three series, though.
Similar to what lioconvoy said about Sideways, though, I sort of foresee it being a while before any of the original 13 making it into the HoF also for being extensions of Primus and Unicron.
User avatar
TriPredRavage
 
Posts: 483
Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:58 pm
Location: The Trees Connecticut

Re: Sideways 2012

Postby perceptor » Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:28 pm

What I like about the Sideways nomination, is that he is actually a living extension of Unicron... UNICRON.

For 2012, I hope to start the campaign for the greatest Transformers villan of all time, a world to himself, there is no more worthy G1 character than the Chaos Bringer himself! Of course, I'm a little biased!
Perceptor's thirst for knowledge is unquenchable. He will seek it to the exclusion of all else.<br>
Image
User avatar
perceptor
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1181
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:34 pm
Location: Maine

Re: Sideways 2012

Postby Wing Saber » Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:36 pm

My possible votes for 2012:
Sideways
Vector Prime
Wing Saber
Overload
Demolishor
Tidal Wave

I want a U3 only character to get in!
User avatar
Wing Saber
 
Posts: 2934
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2010 4:39 pm

Re: Sideways 2012

Postby TriPredRavage » Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:37 pm

perceptor wrote:What I like about the Sideways nomination, is that he is actually a living extension of Unicron... UNICRON.

For 2012, I hope to start the campaign for the greatest Transformers villan of all time, a world to himself, there is no more worthy G1 character than the Chaos Bringer himself! Of course, I'm a little biased!
Unicron doesn't have a world to himself; he is a world himself! :lol:
User avatar
TriPredRavage
 
Posts: 483
Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:58 pm
Location: The Trees Connecticut

Re: Sideways 2012

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:40 pm

Wing Saber wrote:My possible votes for 2012:
Sideways
Vector Prime
Wing Saber
Overload
Demolishor
Tidal Wave

I want a U3 only character to get in!
You'll be waiting a long while, then since there's still a lot who came before and made bigger impacts that are most likely gonna get in sooner.

Out of all of the U3 characters, I'd say Starscream was the most impactful, and yet he got in with the rest of the Starscreams back in '09.

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
User avatar
Sabrblade
Site Admin
 
Posts: 8584
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:09 pm
Location: Tampa, FL


Return to Transformers - General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Aldenbof, BernardDex, Deriken, EgoizmTox, Jaspersoamb, KeganMew, Majestic-12 [Bot], Ridgeei, RobertoTox, Stilliamnip, Wtilliamnip and 5 guests