Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

Q's for Hasbro Q&A

Can't find a category for your topic? Post your Transformers General Discussions here!

Q's for Hasbro Q&A

Postby perceptor » Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:45 pm

Hey everybody,

We're in a time crunch! I need help coming up with questions for the Hasbro Q&A. Submit your questions below and I will take the best 3 and send them straight to Hasbro! Thanks!
Perceptor's thirst for knowledge is unquenchable. He will seek it to the exclusion of all else.<br>
perceptor
Site Admin

Re: Q's for Hasbro Q&A

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:15 pm

When Hasbro released Masterpiece Starscream, it was released in a more show-accurate color scheme compared to its TakaraTomy counterpart. However, Hasbro's Masterpiece Skywarp is colored more accurate towards its G1 toy rather than its cartoon model (G1 toy wing stripes, yellow robot eyes, right-side-up Decepticon insignias on the wings, etc.). Why was it decided to go with a G1-toy-accurate appearance instead of a show-accurate look for the Masterpiece Skywarp figure? And, why does this version lack any of the molding changes from the Starscream figure that the TakaraTomy MP-06 Skywarp does have (particularly the new face)?
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby perceptor » Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:34 pm

Here are the questions I selected from those you gave me. A little consolidation, a little tweeking... vioala!

1.) We are wondering about other means to disperse Transformers fiction. Have Transformers direct-to-DVD movies been considered? Is a live-action Transformers television series a possibility? Is there any chance that the story and characters of Transformers Animated could live on in comic book form? (C'mon, PLEASE!? We still *really* miss Animated!)

2.) We received lots of questions about the near future of Transformers 2010. (Take your pick!) Will ROTF be the "primary" /featured sub-line of Transformers in 2010? Classics/Universe 3.0 a possibility? Will the third ROTF Arcee motorcycle sister be released? How about ROTF Scrapper or HighTower, or a Voyager scale Bonecrusher (with pop-off head!)?

3.) In 1996 Hasbro released a series of Beast Wars figures to commemorate the 10th anniversary of that series. Any plans to commemorate the forthcoming 10th of Beast Machines? (We'd still love to see a Botanica!) Or show accurate color releases of the other characters.
Perceptor's thirst for knowledge is unquenchable. He will seek it to the exclusion of all else.<br>
perceptor
Site Admin

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:23 pm

Some parts of that second question already have been answered.

Regarding Classics/Universe continuing:
Hasbro wrote:"...the Universe line ended once the Revenge of the Fallen product line hit shelves on May 30th. Therefore, there will be no new development for this line moving forward.
However, the design intentions behind the Universe line, such as reimagining our heritage characters, will continue in some form or fashion in the future."

Regarding the third Arcee bike:
Hasbro wrote:"We certainly have full intentions of releasing all three of the motorcycles with the third motorcycle being Elita-1. All three motorcycles will combine together and we plan to release instructions on how to achieve this combination when the time comes."

Regarding Scrapper/Hightower toys:
Hasbro wrote:"Unfortunately, there are no plans at this time to release any additional Constucticons past those that we have currently announced."
and:
Hasbro wrote:"As we were planning out the line, we decided to focus on the four that had more screen time versus Scrapper and Hightower, thus giving them more of a reason to exist in our line."

Regarding Voyager Bonecrusher:
Hasbro wrote:"Although Bonecrusher is certainly a cool character from the first movie, we felt that because he was not a major character or part of Revenge of the Fallen, it made more sense for us to focus on including more iconic characters and vehicle forms within the Voyager and Leader scales. Thus, we do not have any plans at this time to release Bonecrusher in either of these scales in the immediate future."
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Mainframe » Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:13 pm

When will Animated - Season 3 be released?
Mainframe

Postby Obsidian » Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:24 pm

I've got a question for the next Hasbro Q&A:

We're loving the first glimpses we've gotten of Activation's "Transformers: The War for Cybertron" Any chance these character models will see their way to the toy line? Will this incarnation of the Transformers universe cross over into any other upcoming Transformers product avenues: Comics, TV, DVD, Website, Plastic...?
-Obsidian
(Unicron.com)
Obsidian
Site Admin

Postby Lord Megatron » Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:23 pm

I've got a few questions that come to mind:

1. Since Animated isn't going to continue on and this new series doesn't appear to be a follow-up of any kind to the series, what exactly should we expect from this new series(as far as aesthetics, designs, art styles, etc)?

2. :shock: Who exactly IS that prototype "Drift-esque" figure from those leaked photos a while back? Is this some form of a continuation of the Universe/ROTF toy line or is this a new character yet to be announced for the new upcoming Transformers series?

3. With Transformers reaching out onto the larger, more "adult" audiences, are there any chances of getting more "adult" oriented figures and merchandise, such as some Direct to DVD releases similar to some of DC's work and perhaps a release of some G1 characters with a Human Alliance difficulty aesthetic to them, similar to the Masterpiece line but smaller and more affordable?

4. Any chances of some state-side Transformers Revoltech figures?
"He has no time for the dull roots at his feet, the buds on their roots, their promise... no time. It is the most beautiful flower in the field that he wants."
Lord Megatron

Return to Transformers - General Discussion