Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

War for Cybertron ...what if?

DOTM, War for Cybertron, TF:Armada...

War for Cybertron ...what if?

Postby perceptor » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:44 am

What if Transformers: War for Cybertron was the next big incarnation of Transformers? The story of G1 characters before they came to Earth, is a story that needs to be told.

What do you think of the aesthetic? The concept? The potential? ...

Ho-HA!
Perceptor's thirst for knowledge is unquenchable. He will seek it to the exclusion of all else.<br>
perceptor
Site Admin

Re: War for Cybertron ...what if?

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:55 pm

I'd say that it'd be pretty cool.

Though, we don't know for a fact yet that the WFC game is G1. We'll have to wait and see.

Also, this concept has been done before in the War Within comics and toyline. So, this isn't that new of an idea.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Obsidian » Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:46 pm

I sort of think that there might have been a BIG accidental slip in the TFCC magazine this month... one question they asked of High Moon Studios was "Since the new cartoon and toy line are the inspiration for the new video game, will we see any galleries/concept art..."

Since when was it such a given that the new cartoon and toy line were the inspiration for the new video game???

It seems clear that the folks at TFCC know something we don't... and let something inadvertently slip. I don't know about you, but I'd be VERY excited if this is as true and given as they make it sound!
-Obsidian
(Unicron.com)
Obsidian
Site Admin

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:32 am

Erm, maybe.

But, this "General Fowler" character that Michael Bell auditioned for seems to imply an Earth-based story, while the War for Cybertron game clearly shows a Cybertron-based story.

If the two are connected somehow, pehaps the story shifts to Earth at some point, or maybe the game acts as a sort of prologue to the new cartoon.

Either way, all that we know of the new cartoon can be found here.

I just want some real answers. Why on Earth is Hasbro being so tight-lipped on this new series? They weren't this clandestine about Animated season 3. I guess whatever they've got coming, it's gonna be big if they're so eager to keep us this unaware.

All I can say is, "Bring it on, Hasbro!" ;)

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby perceptor » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:14 am

Yeah, the whole "General Fowler" bit, really throws off the whole, "G1 characters on Cybertron, before they come to Earth" theory. ... grrrrrr...

I hope that Hasbro isn't planning on rewriting G1. When they told us, "we're developing canon here..." Writing cannon means ADDING to the G1... story, NOT RE-WRITING or RE-DOING it...
Perceptor's thirst for knowledge is unquenchable. He will seek it to the exclusion of all else.<br>
perceptor
Site Admin

Postby Obsidian » Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:06 pm

Do we know for sure that this "General Fowler" character is a human? Could he be a Transformer? Maybe he's more like "General Grievous?"
-Obsidian
(Unicron.com)
Obsidian
Site Admin

Postby DocWho » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:44 pm

Whoa, Obsidian, you just wrinkled my brain!

Polenicus wrote:Unicron.com are my HEROES.

Follow me on Twitter
DocWho

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:52 am

Obsidian wrote:Do we know for sure that this "General Fowler" character is a human? Could he be a Transformer? Maybe he's more like "General Grievous?"
Well, the name "Fowler" doesn't quite sound that "roboty". It screams "bird" more than anything else. :roll:

(and from what we've seen, animal altmodes weren't really known of in Cybertron's past prior to encountering Earth, so a bird altmode doesn't sound too likely)

I'm aware that there have been goofy names like this for TFs in the past, but most of those were from the various Japanese series and this is America, where the robots get "real robot names". ;)

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby cyberwuss » Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:28 pm

I wouldn't mind a continuation of animated with a more realistic classics/universe/movie feel to it if that is what this turned out to be.
The coward desires revenge but being afraid to die, he looks to others, maybe to the government of the day, to do the work of defense for him.
cyberwuss

Postby Lord Megatron » Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:04 pm

I'm more or less expecting this new game to tie in with the new series in some strange way. I think if we could get some Clone Wars-esque animation then that would justify the series. I just hope that its' premise isn't as bad as some of Clone Wars' writer's attention spans, I mean, don't get me wrong I really am trying to enjoy that series but man, they went so off-course this new season. "Rise of the Bounty Hunters"? More like "Rise of the Fillers"!
"He has no time for the dull roots at his feet, the buds on their roots, their promise... no time. It is the most beautiful flower in the field that he wants."
Lord Megatron

Next

Return to Transformers - Video Game Discussion