Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

War for Cybertron ...what if?

DOTM, War for Cybertron, TF:Armada...

Re: War for Cybertron ...what if?

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:00 am

Just finished reading Jason's report. Great review, BTW.

Well, there goes pinning it with the G1 cartoon. Jetfire's already an Autobot (and isn't called "Skyfire"), Brawl and Silverbolt and Air Raid (or Skydive?) are alive and kickin', and Cybertron isn't in its Golden Age, so... yeah.

*sigh* Oh well. One more new story won't hurt. :)
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Obsidian » Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:03 pm

-Obsidian
(Unicron.com)
Obsidian
Site Admin

Postby TriPredRavage » Thu May 13, 2010 5:46 pm

I can't wait for this freakin' game. I've been waiting for a true successor to the TF: Prelude to Energon game for a good while now, and this looks like it just may be it. Really looking forward to it!
TriPredRavage

Postby Wing Saber » Thu May 13, 2010 6:32 pm

Sabrblade wrote:Just finished reading Jason's report. Great review, BTW.

Well, there goes pinning it with the G1 cartoon. Jetfire's already an Autobot (and isn't called "Skyfire"), Brawl and Silverbolt and Air Raid (or Skydive?) are alive and kickin', and Cybertron isn't in its Golden Age, so... yeah.

Did you ever consider that it might be a prequal to the unicron trilogy? Jetfire already being an autobot, and not much of that series prior to the minicons showing up is revealed. it seems like a possability to me.
Wing Saber

Postby Sabrblade » Thu May 13, 2010 11:14 pm

Wing Saber wrote:

Did you ever consider that it might be a prequal to the unicron trilogy? Jetfire already being an autobot, and not much of that series prior to the minicons showing up is revealed. it seems like a possability to me.
No, because all the references and homages point towards G1 (particularly the 80s cartoon or the recent IDW comics). And, the Unicron Trilogy series aren't as big as they used to be, and don't quite seem to warrant an addition to them as big as this game appears to be. :roll:

The only thing from the Unicron Trilogy that's referenced in the game is this new Demolishor character, but we still know nothing of him or his role in the game's story.

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Wing Saber » Fri May 14, 2010 8:03 am

Sabrblade wrote:
Wing Saber wrote:

No, because all the references and homages point towards G1 (particularly the 80s cartoon or the recent IDW comics). And, the Unicron Trilogy series aren't as big as they used to be, and don't quite seem to warrant an addition to them as big as this game appears to be. :roll:

The only thing from the Unicron Trilogy that's referenced in the game is this new Demolishor character, but we still know nothing of him or his role in the game's story.

true. i forgot that, if it is the unicron trilogy, there would be no soundwave or breakdown till cybertron
Wing Saber

Postby Sabrblade » Fri May 14, 2010 9:43 am

Wing Saber wrote:true. i forgot that, if it is the unicron trilogy, there would be no soundwave or breakdown till cybertron
Both of which are Decepticons here, whereas Cybertron Soundwave was neutral/Unicron-affiliated, and Cybertron Brakedown was Autobot affiliated (and definitely not a Stunticon :lol:).

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Wing Saber » Fri May 14, 2010 4:31 pm

Sabrblade wrote:(and definitely not a Stunticon :lol:).

hahaha if he tried to do a stunt he would litterally break down. hahahaha :lol:
Wing Saber

Previous

Return to Transformers - Video Game Discussion