Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

Transformers nicknames

Can't find a category for your topic? Post your Transformers General Discussions here!

Transformers nicknames

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:55 am

Ever notice how Transformers are often given nicknames by either the fandom or other characters?

What?

:|

Oh, right, stupid question! :lol:

Anyway, yeah, so a lot of Transformers characters have nicknames.

Though, just how many are there? How many nicknames can you think of that either the fandom or other characters have applied to specific characters?

However, let's leave out generic nicknames, like how G1 Kup would call Hot Rod "Lad", or how Hot Rod would call Kup "Old Timer", etc. How many character-specific nicknames can you think of?

Here's a few:
Optimus Prime - Prime, OP, Op, Primey
Megatron - Megs, Meggy, Megsy
Bumblebee - BB, Bee
Fortress Maximus - Fort Max, Fort, Maxie
Grimlock - Grimmy
Scorponok - Scorp, Scorpy
Starscream - Screamer, Scream

Any more?
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Re: Transformers nicknames

Postby ironrod prime » Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:04 pm

bird dog(beast wars silverbolt)
sugar bot(black aracnia)
vermon(rattrap)
big bot(optimus primal)
strpes(tigertron)
x(beast wars rampage)
dinobutt(dinobot)
ironrod prime

Postby Unicron fan » Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:05 pm

Unicron - Uni, The Big Guy, Cron, Cronster, Heart of Darkness, Lord of Chaos, Chaos, Destroyer, Death, Unmaker, dark god, Devourer, Chaos Bringer, Prince of Nothingness, Lord of Eternal Night, Planet Eater, fallen god.
Shockwave - Shocky.

Yeah, quite a few on Unicron, some are found in stories, others are found on the net by fans. Let me know if I missed a few. :p
Unicron fan

Postby Wing Saber » Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:05 pm

Armada Thrust - squidhead
Armada Megatron - Flathead
Wing Saber

Postby Unicron fan » Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:23 pm

More nicknames to Armada Thrust - Pencilhead, Eraserhead, Conehead.

:lol:
Unicron fan

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:31 pm

Unicron fan wrote:Unicron - The Big Guy, Cronster, Heart of Darkness, Unmaker, Prince of Nothingness, Lord of Eternal Night,
I've never heard of these before. These fan names? :?

Wing Saber wrote:Armada Thrust - squidhead
Unicron fan wrote:More nicknames to Armada Thrust - Pencilhead, Eraserhead, Conehead.

They're seriously called those names? Yeesh.

Thought of some more that are along the lines of the kinds of nicknames I was originally asking for (guess I should have clarified that before. Oops :oops: ).

Cliffjumper - Cliff
Mixmaster - Mix
Scrapper - Scrap
Galvatron - Galvy
Bulkhead - Bulky, Bulk
Grimlock - Grimbo
Ratchet - Doc Ratchet, Doc Bot
Fortress Maximus - Fruitloop Multipuck, Forktongue Maxiface, Fullstrength Motleypuss

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Unicron fan » Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:57 pm

Sabrblade wrote:
Unicron fan wrote:Unicron - The Big Guy, Cronster, Heart of Darkness, Unmaker, Prince of Nothingness, Lord of Eternal Night,
I've never heard of these before. These fan names? :?

Cronster and Unmaker are fan names, the rest are said by other characters in the series (comics actually).

Sabrblade wrote:
Unicron fan wrote:More nicknames to Armada Thrust - Pencilhead, Eraserhead, Conehead.

Yes, other characters in the series called them for that (Thrust gave Megatron the nickname Flathead in revenge for Megatron calling him Squidhead, f. ex.).
Unicron fan

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:04 am

Unicron fan wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

Yes, other characters in the series called them for that (Thrust gave Megatron the nickname Flathead in revenge for Megatron calling him Squidhead, f. ex.).
I wouldn't really consider one-off insults to be "nicknames" (unless they were repeated several times over).

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Unicron fan » Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:16 am

Unicron fan wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Yes, other characters in the series called them for that (Thrust gave Megatron the nickname Flathead in revenge for Megatron calling him Squidhead, f. ex.).
I wouldn't really consider one-off insults to be "nicknames" (unless they were repeated several times over).

They actually were repeated a few times.

Oh, and I just found another nickname used for Unicron - Big U.
Unicron fan

Postby Saberfrost » Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:50 pm

Does Cyclona-Butt and Mega-Frog count?
You know from Armada!
Yeah I joined! WOOHOO!
Saberfrost

Next

Return to Transformers - General Discussion