Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

Botcon 2010 Meetup

Can't find a category for your topic? Post your Transformers General Discussions here!

Botcon 2010 Meetup

Postby Lord Megatron » Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:00 pm

Seeing as Botcon is coming up I'd like to take a survey of sorts to try and figure out just who all from Unicron.com is planning on going to Botcon '10.
I mean, I plan on being there, but who all else is going? I was thinking about a Unicron.com meetup so that we could get a few photos with the group all together(along with the mods, and admins) and generally just hang out. :geek:
"He has no time for the dull roots at his feet, the buds on their roots, their promise... no time. It is the most beautiful flower in the field that he wants."
Lord Megatron

Re: Botcon 2010 Meetup

Postby DocWho » Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:15 pm

I might be going, it's looking good atm.

I know Sabr is a shoo-in this year.

Polenicus wrote:Unicron.com are my HEROES.

Follow me on Twitter
DocWho

Postby perceptor » Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:39 pm

Life events could change and somehow prevent me making the trip, but as of now, I fully intend to be there. As will middle bro Brian (who missed the last). Youngest bro J, well, he thinks he can't make it, but that's just because I haven't got to him and convinced him otherwise yet! ;) :lol:
Perceptor's thirst for knowledge is unquenchable. He will seek it to the exclusion of all else.<br>
perceptor
Site Admin

Postby perceptor » Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:40 pm

BTW, a par-tay of admin, mods... heck even site visitors sound cool by me!
Perceptor's thirst for knowledge is unquenchable. He will seek it to the exclusion of all else.<br>
perceptor
Site Admin

Postby Lord Megatron » Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:45 pm

perceptor wrote:Life events could change and somehow prevent me making the trip, but as of now, I fully intend to be there. As will middle bro Brian (who missed the last). Youngest bro J, well, he thinks he can't make it, but that's just because I haven't got to him and convinced him otherwise yet! ;) :lol:

Yeah, I got a call from Jason the other night. We talked a little about it, he said he's probably going to a 'con sometime soon, he wasn't sure about Botcon though.

BTW, a par-tay of admin, mods... heck even site visitors sound cool by me!

Awesome! :mrgreen:
One question only partially related though, is there a set price for this year's Botcon Exclusives set or do we have to wait for info about this year's set to be obtained? I plan on grabbing up this year's set as I've missed out on last year's, 2008's, and 2007's sets.
"He has no time for the dull roots at his feet, the buds on their roots, their promise... no time. It is the most beautiful flower in the field that he wants."
Lord Megatron

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:38 pm

DocWho wrote:I know Sabr is a shoo-in this year.
*chuckles*

Well, at the moment, I don't know. I'm not saying "yes" and I'm not saying "no", I'm saying, "I don't know".

I want to say "yes". I really want to say "YES!" I've been dying to go to BotCon ever since I first heard about it.

There's one thing I'd need to know about, though: money.

1. Just how expensive would this be to get in and do stuff at BotCon?
2. And what about food? Would I be fed or would I need to fend for myself? Do any exclusives come free?
3. One doesn't actually have to stay at the hotel to enter the convention, right? It's a pretty pricey hotel.
4. Any other Botcon financial info/advice?

And when should the schedule of events be released? Depending on what happens later on, I may only be able to attend for just one day. So I'd liek to pick a dy that has things going on that I'd like to do.

As you can tell, I'm pretty unfamiliar with the whole "annual convention" deal.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Lord Megatron » Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:24 am

"1. Just how expensive would this be to get in and do stuff at BotCon?"

-Entry Fee for me if I remember correctly, was $10. As far as "stuff" goes, it really just depends on what you plan on doing.

"2. And what about food? Would I be fed or would I need to fend for myself? Do any exclusives come free?"

-Food, I believe you must pay for it.

"3. One doesn't actually have to stay at the hotel to enter the convention, right? It's a pretty pricey hotel."

-Naw, you won't have to worry about that.

"4. Any other Botcon financial info/advice?"

-YES! Make sure to bring a backpack or a means to haul your bought items around in! I didn't do this in '08 and I had to keep running back to my room to drop stuff off, which was nearly a mile walk from my hotel.
Another key point is to SAVE YOUR MONEY. This will help you nab up any figures that you're looking at getting and anything that may catch your eye whilst you are there.

"And when should the schedule of events be released? "

-I don't know when they plan on announcing these, they usually just happen at random whenever they see fit. They still haven't announced this year's set, but we still have a considerable amount of time so we'll see how this turns out. Hopefully, info will be released soon.
Lord Megatron

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:27 pm

-Entry Fee for me if I remember correctly, was $10. As far as "stuff" goes, it really just depends on what you plan on doing.
Good to know, thanks. What are the differences in price if one were to come for one day than to come for all days?

Will there be food at the convention, or will I have to leave to go to some restaurant?

If the food is there, then how pricey would it be?

-YES! Make sure to bring a backpack or a means to haul your bought items around in! I didn't do this in '08 and I had to keep running back to my room to drop stuff off, which was nearly a mile walk from my hotel.
Another key point is to SAVE YOUR MONEY. This will help you nab up any figures that you're looking at getting and anything that may catch your eye whilst you are there.
I plan to bring a backpack and save my money. But as for me actually buying figures, I'm not sure. I'm looked down upon by my family for doing so. They'd all like for me to quit buying "children's toys" and really wouldn't apprecate me bringing a haul of new figures home. Plus, even if I do save, I don't know how much toy spending I'd be doing. Just making the trip, attending, and eating may be all I can afford (depending on th final cost of it all, of course).

Also, the backpack I mentioned would be the one that carries my laptop. Would that be permitted to be brought into the convention? And would there be (wireless) Internet access available inside?
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Lord Megatron » Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:27 pm

Sabrblade wrote:
Good to know, thanks. What are the differences in price if one were to come for one day than to come for all days?

Will there be food at the convention, or will I have to leave to go to some restaurant?

If the food is there, then how pricey would it be?

I plan to bring a backpack and save my money. But as for me actually buying figures, I'm not sure. I'm looked down upon by my family for doing so. They'd all like for me to quit buying "children's toys" and really wouldn't apprecate me bringing a haul of new figures home. Plus, even if I do save, I don't know how much toy spending I'd be doing. Just making the trip, attending, and eating may be all I can afford (depending on th final cost of it all, of course).

Also, the backpack I mentioned would be the one that carries my laptop. Would that be permitted to be brought into the convention? And would there be (wireless) Internet access available inside?

I believe that it is $10 every day.

As for food, I'm not absolutely sure but I'm fairly certain that they didn't have food during the con, or at least it wasn't there when I went in '08. And yeah, there were plenty of small restaurants around the hotel so that you could grab a bite to eat. I'm not sure what they'll have as far as food for this year.

Man that sucks about your figure collecting. My parents were against me collecting figures but I don't think they actually care anymore. I think that you should just buy what YOU want because when you think about it, youshould[i] be able to enjoy whatever interests you in life, you shouldn't be judged by your peers for your interests. Do what [i]YOU want, everyone should have the right to enjoy their own lives, and if they can't accept someone else's hobbies, well then they have nothing better to do with their lives other than to ridicule others' because of their own shortcomings. I mean, a couple of years ago I had a big problem with my parents thinking that I should stop "wasting my money on figures" but after a while, I think they finally got tired of haggling me about it and moved on with their lives. I honestly don't think that the rest of the world understands toy collecting enough to appreciate it. I mean, when I see a figure, I don't just look at it as a toy, but as artwork represented on a 3-dimensional plane. THAT, is figure collecting. If some people aren't able to, "see through the fog" and appreciate beautiful artwork then I don't think that those people will fully appreciate life and it's gift of enjoyment. :|

Of course, you don't want to overspend on figures and put yourself into debt, that would just be irresponsible. :roll:

But man, I wish that the world would "wake up" and stop being so hateful.
Lord Megatron

Postby Lord Megatron » Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:09 pm

So I have a question for you guys, will I be able to enter during the first day of Botcon *the 24th* without having to pay for additional fees? Or will this be like when I went in '08 and I found out that only "members" were allowed on the first day? :?

Please excuse my ignorance but I figure that I should know before charging into this battle unarmed. :roll:
Lord Megatron

Next

Return to Transformers - General Discussion