Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

Botcon 2010 Meetup

Can't find a category for your topic? Post your Transformers General Discussions here!

Re: Botcon 2010 Meetup

Postby blukis » Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:25 pm

@Lord Megatron, huge bummer you've got a conflict.

@Sabr, from the '09 site, "General Admission attendees have access to the Dealer Sales Room and access to the Panels after the Registered Guests are seated." (in other words, you wouldn't get front-row seats.)

From the '10 site, looks like gen. admission is $18 per day.
Unicron.com - Brian L - Image / tw / fb
blukis
Site Admin

Postby Lord Megatron » Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:25 am

blukis wrote:
@Lord Megatron, huge bummer you've got a conflict.

It's okay, it just really bites that it had to happen so late in the game. I mean, had I known about this conflicting with my whole surgery situation I could have rescheduled for a later/earlier date.

I might still be able to grab up the exclusives for this year but trying to get $375+ for a set of 5 figures which I technically already own different versions of is like pulling teeth.
I'm just not sure what to do, the whole reason for going to Florida(for me) was to attend Botcon, hang with you guys for a little bit, and attend the panels all while doing a "review" of Botcon '10 itself for us to kind of promote unicron.com, but man! This is a bit infuriating... :x
"He has no time for the dull roots at his feet, the buds on their roots, their promise... no time. It is the most beautiful flower in the field that he wants."
Lord Megatron

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:32 am

Lord Megatron wrote:It's okay, it just really bites that it had to happen so late in the game. I mean, had I known about this conflicting with my whole surgery situation I could have rescheduled for a later/earlier date.
Well, the announcement of BotCon 2010's date was revealed back in December.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Lord Megatron » Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:24 am

Sabrblade wrote:
Lord Megatron wrote:It's okay, it just really bites that it had to happen so late in the game. I mean, had I known about this conflicting with my whole surgery situation I could have rescheduled for a later/earlier date.
Well, the announcement of BotCon 2010's date was revealed back in December.

:( Yeah, I'm aware of that and personally, I blame myself for the outcome of this event. This whole thing just sucks! Ah well...no use complaining. :roll:
"He has no time for the dull roots at his feet, the buds on their roots, their promise... no time. It is the most beautiful flower in the field that he wants."
Lord Megatron

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:09 pm

Got another question.

Could one park their car at a location like, say, Downtown Disney, and then take a Disney bus over to the hotel to attend the convention; and then take the bus back after it's over?

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby blukis » Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:09 pm

@Sabr, you might have already figured out that parking at the convention is "$12 for each exit". Probably if anyone, someone at the swan & dolphin would know the lay of the land better wrt parking options...?
blukis
Site Admin

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:38 pm

$12? BotCon's site and brochure said that parking was $5.

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby blukis » Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:48 am

Oh, maybe BotCon got a special rate then, for the convention...
blukis
Site Admin

Postby Sabrblade » Sat May 15, 2010 10:22 pm

I want to get a confirmaion on who all here is going to BotCon this year.

I am trying my very hardest to go this year (I've been dying to go to a BotCon for at least eight years!), and if I do, it'll be on the Saturday and/or Sunday of the event and only during the day.

My dad is checking hotel rates for the area to see which prices would be the most affordable. And one of my friends says that he'd also like to go with us, so he might be joining in as well.

From reading these posts thus far:
Admins
  • I am a "yes"
  • Perceptor is a "yes"
  • Lord Megs is a "no"
  • DocWho is a "quite possibly"
  • Jason is a "yes"
  • Brian is a "yes"

Others
  • Lioconvoy is a "no"

Anyone else got an answer (or a changed answer) at this point?

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby blukis » Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:21 am

Really late response, but I just signed up me and my brothers. (They sure waited long enough to make sign-up available. *sheesh*!) So, Perceptor, Obsidian, & I are all confirmed yeses.
blukis
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers - General Discussion