Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

Misconceptions we have made or heard of

Can't find a category for your topic? Post your Transformers General Discussions here!

Re: Misconceptions we have made or heard of

Postby ironrod prime » Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:26 pm

starry* *night wrote:^ Yes engineering -- answering the second question first.

He had sturdier upper legs but
with simple knee joints like the G1 my brother has

I think he had some metal parts
his cab was very square like a G1 opt
I can't remember if his grill was exactly the same shape
he had some decals but no Japanese writing

and as I said over 10inches standing

you said is transformation was more dificult than g1 and was about ten inches standing

i cant help but wonder

was it powermaster prime your thinking of
ironrod prime

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:38 pm

Pulling out my PM OP, he measures up to just passed the 10 inch mark in Super Mode.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby starry* *night » Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:18 pm

nope

I know I can be sketchy sometimes
don't necessarily understand what I read on the internet with no frame of reference,
but where I own or have seen a thing in person
that's far less likely.

Powermaster Opt is much more plasticy looking and has a totally different proportion and appearance.

The one in the Korean toys page linked off of wiki was likely to have been produced from of some pre-existing mold right :?: :?:
The Korean one is probably the one ironrodprime already showed -- But there is a Red U.S. version that exists because my friend had it.

below are the "super-sized" korean white and it's box
Attachments
05.jpg
05.jpg (12.55 KiB) Viewed 5866 times
g2ops.jpg
g2ops.jpg (30.49 KiB) Viewed 5866 times
Last edited by starry* *night on Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Don't change any of those front doors.
starry* *night

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:09 pm

Are you sure it isn't a simple case of (mis)remembering it to have been bigger than it really was since you were smaller as a kid than you are now?

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby ironrod prime » Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:19 pm

i looked around and i found this

its an oversized robot masters optimus prime
ironrod prime

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:30 pm

ironrod prime wrote:its an oversized robot masters optimus prime
Yeah, but it wouldn't have been available until after 2004, so nice try but no cigar. :(

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby starry* *night » Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:09 pm

Sabrblade wrote:Are you sure it isn't a simple case of (mis)remembering it to have been bigger than it really was since you were smaller as a kid than you are now?

No
we had my brother's at home and it never impressed me as being anywhere near so large.
The first thing my sister said when I mentioned it just now to her was ''oh yeah it was big wasn't it'' (not having any idea I was discussing this)
I only asked her if she remebered it and that's what she said..
and my brother just added he wished he had one like it..so do I.

The larger one could have been a bootleg but it was properly colored.... Red
I don't remember what the patent or Co. info actually read I just remember spotting it on the toy and looking at it but that's so long ago.

I was going to put the link in the other post but I was a bit busy.
the 3rd third one down on the listing is the white "supersized" Korean
http://www.pleasesavemerobots.com/scram ... rbyg2.html

I was recently photographing scales and top pic is Regular G1 Opt modern wheeljack and re-issue (G2 era) Jazz G1 style,
and the Korean white is by comparison oversized isn't it :?:
--

Jazz comes up to regular red Opt's elbow there
and Sideswipe only comes up to white oversized's hip.

Some company must have made a Red oversized too.
That's not much of a stretch but
it is technically I guess G2 -- not a G1
because of the time it was released.
Attachments
33465102.JPG
05.jpg
05.jpg (12.55 KiB) Viewed 5854 times
Don't change any of those front doors.
starry* *night

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:00 am

Long before I actively joined the online fandom, there was a time where I was of the impression that the various Transformers cartoons and movies held the highest regard of canon truth for Transformers fiction, with comics, books, video games, etc. being lesser mediums whose stories were just something for non-serious fun instead of being anything that important, making them either not matter at all or be overridden by what the cartoons/movies stated if they did not match up with the cartoon/movie versions.

This mostly came from having relatively easy access and more exposure to the cartoons/movies than any other mediums at the time.

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Wing Saber » Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:02 pm

When Animated first aired, I thought Megatron's name in that show was actually Megaton, because the description on my tv for the episode 'Megatron Rising" misspelled it 'Mega-ton Rising'. I don't remember how long this misconception lasted for me.
Wing Saber

Postby cyberwuss » Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:45 pm

Wing Saber wrote:When Animated first aired, I thought Megatron's name in that show was actually Megaton, because the description on my tv for the episode 'Megatron Rising" misspelled it 'Mega-ton Rising'. I don't remember how long this misconception lasted for me.

His name is actually based on the idea of nuclear fusion weapons and so his name was partially derived from the particle accelerator and the idea of a "megaton" blast.

For an idea of the particle accelerator, watch the movie "The Void" starring Adrian Paul from shows like Highlander, and Tracker (Tracker is one of my personal favs for low budget :D)
The coward desires revenge but being afraid to die, he looks to others, maybe to the government of the day, to do the work of defense for him.
cyberwuss

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers - General Discussion