Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

Misconceptions we have made or heard of

Can't find a category for your topic? Post your Transformers General Discussions here!

Re: Misconceptions we have made or heard of

Postby Jogunwarrior » Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:40 pm

First Time I ever saw Ultra Magnus was the movie. To this day I've never seen a G1 toy in person, it wasn't until 2005 that I learned he was the same basic body as Optimus. I always had the misconception he was a totally different figure.
Jogunwarrior

Postby OptimusPhillip » Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:52 am

I at first thought that G1 Cliffjumper was a red repaint of Bumblebee, going off of the toys available when I became a fan back i Cliff or '07. Classics Cliff was red 'Bee, Movie Cliff was red 'Bee, every Cliff of that era was red 'Bee
Check me out on YouTube! I'm primarily a toy reviewer, but don't be surprised when a movie review or any other random video crops up.
https://www.youtube.com/user/OptimusPhillip
OptimusPhillip

Postby ironrod prime » Sun Oct 06, 2013 1:14 pm

OptimusPhillip wrote:I at first thought that G1 Cliffjumper was a red repaint of Bumblebee, going off of the toys available when I became a fan back i Cliff or '07. Classics Cliff was red 'Bee, Movie Cliff was red 'Bee, every Cliff of that era was red 'Bee

But before that there was energon and animated cliffjumper and they weren't red bees
ironrod prime

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Oct 06, 2013 1:19 pm

OptimusPhillip wrote:I at first thought that G1 Cliffjumper was a red repaint of Bumblebee, going off of the toys available when I became a fan back i Cliff or '07. Classics Cliff was red 'Bee, Movie Cliff was red 'Bee, every Cliff of that era was red 'Bee
Doesn't help that both he and Bee were released in red and yelllow variants, confusing the matter further. ;)

ironrod prime wrote:But before that there was energon and animated cliffjumper and they weren't red bees
If he became a fan during Classics/Movie 1, he wouldn't remember Energon Cliffjumper since he wasn't a fan then.

And Animated Cliffjumper was too a red Bumblebee toy. While he did have a new head, the mold itself was still Bee's mold.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby ironrod prime » Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:26 pm

Cliff is bigger though
ironrod prime

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:38 pm

ironrod prime wrote:Cliff is bigger though
No he's not. He's a measly Activator, same mold as Bumblebee minus the new head.

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby ironrod prime » Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:40 pm

Sabrblade wrote:
No he's not. He's a measly Activator, same mold as Bumblebee minus the new head.

He's like half an inch taller
ironrod prime

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:42 pm

ironrod prime wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

He's like half an inch taller
A new head doesn't change how big a mold is since the head is just one aspect of the mold.

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby ironrod prime » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:46 am

But because of the new head it makes him a remold
ironrod prime

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:07 pm

ironrod prime wrote:But because of the new head it makes him a remold
A remold is still the same mold. One that now just has something special about it. :smile:

Sabrblade
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers - General Discussion