Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

Misconceptions we have made or heard of

Can't find a category for your topic? Post your Transformers General Discussions here!

Re: Misconceptions we have made or heard of

Postby ironrod prime » Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:46 pm

Which makes it different from the original release. Which brings me back to my original point
ironrod prime

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:13 pm

ironrod prime wrote:Which makes it different from the original release. Which brings me back to my original point
You said it wasn't a red Bee, which it most certainly was, with the only difference being the head. That Cliffjumper toy was made from a Bumblebee toy painted red and given something new. It is the same base mold, rather than an all new mold.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby OptimusPhillip » Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:51 pm

Sabrblade wrote:If he became a fan during Classics/Movie 1, he wouldn't remember Energon Cliffjumper since he wasn't a fan then.

To give you a general time frame of when I became a fan, here's the commercial that hooked me in.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=YBv5dFQ4Eow
Check me out on YouTube! I'm primarily a toy reviewer, but don't be surprised when a movie review or any other random video crops up.
https://www.youtube.com/user/OptimusPhillip
OptimusPhillip

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:25 pm

OptimusPhillip wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:If he became a fan during Classics/Movie 1, he wouldn't remember Energon Cliffjumper since he wasn't a fan then.

To give you a general time frame of when I became a fan, here's the commercial that hooked me in.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=YBv5dFQ4Eow
In that case, I suppose it would indeed be correct to guess that you weren't aware of Energon Cliffjumper back then since Energon preceded Cybertron. ;)
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Wing Saber » Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:26 am

AHNBDJWJSZN I REMEMBER THAT COMMERCIAL! I LOVED THAT COMERCIAL WHEN I WAS A KID!!
Wing Saber

Postby OptimusPhillip » Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:43 pm

ironrod prime wrote:Which makes it different from the original release. Which brings me back to my original point

That's like a Transmetal vs. Armada Cheetor difference. With Bumblebee vs. Cliffjumper, it was more along the lines of Transmetal Cheetor vs. Metals Jaguar
Check me out on YouTube! I'm primarily a toy reviewer, but don't be surprised when a movie review or any other random video crops up.
OptimusPhillip

Postby OptimusPhillip » Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:07 am

I remember when I was 7 or 8 and watched the first Bay movie for the first time, when Ron said "We have a blown transformer" I thought that he had discovered the Autobots. Now I know they meant an electrical transformer.

What reminded me of this is that while I was visiting my grandparents in Houlton, Dad took me to see Transformers: Age of Extinction at the local movie theater (for those of you who've never been there, which I'm guessing is most of you, it's a really small one), but it was during a pretty big rainstorm and pretty much half the town lost power, including the theater: my cousins also went to see it at the same time, and later they were talking about a blown transformer. I don't recall if they were referring to the theater or not, but whenever I heard someone say "blown transformer" that day, I couldn't help but be amused at the talk about power outages due to blown transformers on the same day that the theater that was showing Transformers lost power.
OptimusPhillip

Postby Unicron fan » Thu Jan 01, 2015 1:14 pm

Well, being a Unicron fan, those misconceptions considering Unicron is what I most notice. :lol: Though there are a few others as well, so here we go. :)

On various sites I have noticed these misconceptions repeat itself, several on DeviantArt, for example:

- There are some that think D-Void and The Void are the same thing, but they are not. While D-Void is an entity and the manifestation of a Dead Universe, The Void is simply a term of the absolute nothingness left behind when there isn't even a universe left. And with later retcon, one which turned The Void from being white to being black, included the emptiness between the universes.
- Also, many over at several sites seem to believe that the only difference between Unicron and Galactus is that Uni is a robot. This is wrong. The Galactus comparisons mostly stem from their being similar to each other in concept. Both are gigantic space villains who eat planets. But they differ big time, here is a short list of the stuff they differ on (it would be too long to list it all):
    Galactus isn't the Marvel equivalent of the Devil like Unicron is to Transformers, and Galactus wants to protect the universe and he also is giving life to all planets he passes (this part slightly reminds me of Primus). And I have found out that Galactus is much more friendly than Unicron as you can tell Galactus to leave as long as you give him something he can eat and that he does what he can to avoid inhabited planets. I also knows Galactus constantly creates new universes after having finished with one, whereas Unicron never has and in fact then he is done with a universe, where will never be a new one there (except for the one time there he missed a few strands and those strands created a new one ("The Void" comic narrates this)). Not to mention Galactus only eats planets and moons, while Unicron eats planets, moons, stars, fabric of space and time, and everything in between. Plus that Galactus eats to survive, while Unicron eats to destroy.
    And while Galactus is neither good or evil, Unicron is pure undiluted evil, claimed as early as in the 86 movie.
- Also, I have noticed the misconception of that Unicron and Primus has always been brothers. But they weren't that until the retcon back in 2003/2004, which makes them not being that at all in the entire run of Marvel G1 and Marvel G2. Though before the retcon they were part of the same pantheon of gods, which kind of makes them brotherish, just not like actual brothers like later.
- A small misconception that I for a while made, and I have seen others have made, is that Angolmois and Dark Energon are the same. But they are not, Angolmois is even green, and as I have found out, is not a form of Energon at all. The similarities between Angolmois and Dark Energon is just a coincidence, nothing more. An interesting note; Angolmois is liquid chaos. :p
- The last misconception I have heard, is that comics are not canon. But according to Hasbro, all comics, whether they be G1, Armada, etc. are canon if they have an official license. Though, in the cases of some things like the Movieverse comics, since the films of the Movieverse do officially hold the highest canonical regard and have all other Movieverse fiction rely upon them, the few comics that do contradict the films are at least considered non-canon to the films they are based on. But even then, those particular comics can still be viewed as their own little continuities with canons of their own.
Unicron fan

Postby starry* *night » Sun Jul 12, 2015 1:01 pm

In this clip
even Thundercracker doesn't know which color Rumble is
(Skywarp gets it right according to the cartoon though)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqKDSYNcfFA
Don't change any of those front doors.
starry* *night

Postby OptimusPhillip » Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:48 am

Another misconception I've heard about is that G1 Ironhide lacks a head. In fact, believe it or not, he does have a head... of sorts. There's a face decal that goes on the back of his vehicle mode seat, specifically to make sure he doesn't end up without a head. It's like the little face they put on Energon Omega Supreme's neck stump.
OptimusPhillip

Previous

Return to Transformers - General Discussion