Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

BotCon 2012 Unicron.com meet-up

Can't find a category for your topic? Post your Transformers General Discussions here!

BotCon 2012 Unicron.com meet-up

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:31 pm

It's that time of year again, to start planning for BotCon. Especially since it's going to be earlier in the year in April instead of the summer.

So, who all here is either going to BotCon or trying to go to BotCon this year?
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Re: BotCon 2012 Unicron.com meet-up

Postby ironrod prime » Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:40 pm

im goin i got the protoform money yesterday now i just need some spending cash
ironrod prime

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:47 pm

ironrod prime wrote:im goin i got the protoform money yesterday now i just need some spending cash
You'll need at least a few hundred dollars to spare in the dealer room. Lots of good stuff to find in there, but not for cheap. ;)

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Wing Saber » Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:23 pm

I don't think I'll be going this year. Maybe next year...
Wing Saber

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:24 pm

Wing Saber wrote:I don't think I'll be going this year. Maybe next year...
Aw, but isn't it close to ya?

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Wing Saber » Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:27 pm

Sabrblade wrote:Aw, but isn't it close to ya?

It is, but Not only is it during a school week, but I'm going to be saving up for Awakening in the summer (I would get into what it is, but that would take a while)
Besides, I want to get the full experience my first Botcon, not just the second half!
Wing Saber

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:35 pm

Wing Saber wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Aw, but isn't it close to ya?

It is, but Not only is it during a school week, but I'm going to be saving up for Awakening in the summer (I would get into what it is, but that would take a while)
Besides, I want to get the full experience my first Botcon, not just the second half!
Thursday is just registration. Nothing more than lots of waiting in line. Friday is the real first day, so you'd only be missing one day.

I did General Admission in 2010 and then registered with a Primus package in 2011. Saturday and Sunday were basically the same for me both times (minus the evening activities that went on during Friday night and Saturday night, which appear to be both merged into one event this year).

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Blademan91 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:47 pm

I am now officially registered for botcon. Is it wrong to go primus on your first botcon though?

Dont mind me, Im just enjoying my milk.
Blademan91

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:49 pm

Blademan91 wrote:I am now officially registered for botcon. Is it wrong to go primus on your first botcon though?
Not at all. Just make sure you have plenty of cash saved up for the event.

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Blademan91 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:47 pm

Considering I paid for it with one paycheck and my tips from each night, that wont be a problem.

Dont mind me, Im just enjoying my milk.
Blademan91

Next

Return to Transformers - General Discussion