Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

When it comes to Transformers...

Can't find a category for your topic? Post your Transformers General Discussions here!

When it comes to Transformers...

Postby Robticon » Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:56 am

...What annoys you the most? And this can range from TF fiction, toylines, events, etc. For example, a lot of people got annoyed when it was announced that Hasbro would be releasing Classics Dirge to the general public, even though he had originally been a Botcon exlcusive in North America. So, what in Transformers really grinds your gears?

Personally, I get annoyed with TF fiction that never explains itself, and is just there for the 'SPLOSHUNS. *Cough, Cough* Bayformers *Cough, Cough*
Robticon

Re: When it comes to Transformers...

Postby Wing Saber » Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:03 am

unexplained things in a continuation. for example, Armada and Cybertron sideways, Armada and Cybertron Red Alert, etc.
Wing Saber

Postby lioconvoy » Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:56 am

i'll say it reely aggrivates me. the thing is, that they like to explain the hole thing as a by-product of the unicron singularity's temperal dilation field. the same with why optimus prime in cybertron has somehow gained a degree of zenophobia where as before he was perfectly fine with interaction with other species.
but as has been stated in other topics, cybertron was never meant to have been part of the armadaverse. but like for example the g1 constructicons had three seperate origins.

it's things like this that are agrivating.
lioconvoy

Postby cyberwuss » Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:19 pm

Probably some of the series getting close to having a religion where Primus or something else is the center of worship, mostly in the furman type stories I think. The only reason it bothers me though is because youd think with as long as they have lived they would have had scientific explanations for the things that Primus and others can do and that there basically wouldn't be any "magic" in it for them so it would be just a really powerful bot and also I don't see machines as forming religious groups and all. I guess its kind of like the seperation of church and state in US. There is a place for religion I am a Christian myself but I just don't like it in Transformers and it was always weird to me after they introduced it. I don't mind them having legends and stuff but there is kind of a thin line where it gets to be too much about morals and reflecting on humanity when it should be about aliens.
cyberwuss

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:25 pm

When it come to the TFs, there's not much that bothers me.

Except for what happened in the Bay movies. No, it wasn't the Bayformers, I grew into accepting their forms. Nor was it the excess amount of humans in the first film, some of them were needed. What bugged me about both the movies was the unnecessary and unfunny crude humor!

Now admittedly, the first film wasn't so bad with this. But the unforgivable "Were you masterbating?!!" scene was just weak. There was absolutely no point to it and its inclusion seemed both forced and nonsensical.

But with ROTF, aside from the battle scens, the rest of the movie couldn't go for five minutes with out bringing in some dirty-minded disturbances. The dogs on the couch was just dumb. The early moments between Sam's parents (the butt-slap, the "dirty old man" line, the "I'm gonna skinny-dip!" line, etc) were immature. The part at the college where Sam's mom gets stoned was stupid and embarrasing (not just for Sam, but for the movie), Wheelie's robot humping was nerve-racking. Soem of Skids and Mudflap's slang was bothering. Devastator's "scrotum" was both ridiculous and illogical (he has no wrecking ball vehicle components!). The list goes on!

To think that the movies had to sink so low just to get a laugh out of us is pathetic! And with most of this not even being funny, but rather just retarded, it makes the inclusion of such crud even more pointless. I've laughed so much harder at so much cleaner material than I ever did watching the movies. I didn't watch them to be humored, I watched them to be thrilled. I wanted to see some Autobot vs. Decepticon action, drama, and character development, not potty humor.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Return to Transformers - General Discussion