Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

alternity

Can't find a category for your topic? Post your Transformers General Discussions here!

Re: alternity

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:56 am

lioconvoy wrote:i have just finished reading the final alternity story and it begs the question ... what comes next and will it be as good and in skail with the alternity
I got a fishy feeling that that story is all said and done. Two reasons.
1. Everything in that conclusion seemed finite and whole, without any major loose ends to tie up. Plus with the "Flaternity" proving to be a superior species to the already god-like Alternity, I don't think we can get much higher in power than that.
2. TakaraTomy seems to be shifting away from the whole "Convoy, Cybertron, Destron, etc. " naming scheme (which this story follows) by using the "Optimus Prime, Autobot, Decepticon, etc." names of the more recent franchises. They'd have to give some in-story explanation for all the name changes (the movies and Animated can get away with it cuz, you know, different universe and all).

Still, after all that higher-existence and multi-dimensional warring, I'd say all these characters deserve some much needed down time. ;)
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby lioconvoy » Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:20 pm

agreed the final story tied things up nicely.

i am speculating that we will get another line after alternity though with lisanced car designs
it's just what could they actually call it and what could they actually do
lioconvoy

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:14 pm

Something tells me that all future stuff may be about or loosely related to the modern aligned continuity, what with Hasbro at the helm of that. TakaraTomy may follow in suit.

Though, about the story, what did everyone think about how it used its non-toy characters?

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby lioconvoy » Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:06 pm

i have to say i like the way the stories used the non toy caricters and the plot although astronomicly ambisious, it gave alternity mor depth.

and one last thing on the remolds i would like to sea
i would love a drift repaint and mold of megatron although it will never happen also a bludgeon.

i would like to sea a story using lisanced vehicles that consentrates on non toy or little known caricters. perhaps using japanese caricters as headliners
lioconvoy

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:49 pm

lioconvoy wrote:i have to say i like the way the stories used the non toy caricters and the plot although astronomicly ambisious, it gave alternity mor depth.

i would like to sea a story using lisanced vehicles that consentrates on non toy or little known caricters. perhaps using japanese caricters as headliners
By "non-toy" characters, I meant those who don't have Alternity toys. Elita Seven, Rewind, Prowl, Primal, Grimlock, Reflector, the non-Alternity Ultra Magnuses, the Convoy no Nazo game enemies, that glowing "Alternity agent", etc.

Those guys.

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby lioconvoy » Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:33 am

yes the camio from mp grimlock, the ultra magnus's and elitas were interesting usages. and the final camio of protector primal in the bt nemesis body was nice too.
it's just a shame that alternity and bt/alternaters arn't skailed together because that would be a nice set up for my altey shelf rather than having the alternaters towering over the alternitys
lioconvoy

Previous

Return to Transformers - General Discussion