Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

toy only caricters

Can't find a category for your topic? Post your Transformers General Discussions here!

toy only caricters

Postby lioconvoy » Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:39 pm

i am curious as to what toy only caricters in any and all transformers lines you all like.

for me, nightviper from the beast machines line would have to top with tmii cybershark in the beast wars line comming in a close second and battle unicorn bringing up the reer.
lioconvoy

Re: toy only caricters

Postby DocWho » Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:41 pm

Well, with the increase of toy-only characters appearing in officially sanctioned media, they're becoming rarer and rarer. In fact, nearly every "toy-only character" has an in-canon appearance, forcing me to pick Cybertron Swerve, as far as I know, he hasn't appeared in anything so far.

Polenicus wrote:Unicron.com are my HEROES.

Follow me on Twitter
DocWho

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:00 pm

Yeah, Night Viper's actually appeared in fiction. Specifically, the "Wreckers: Finale Part II" comic issue.

And TM2 Cybershark is the same character as the normal Cybershark, who has appeared in both the BotCon "Reaching the Omega Point" comics and the IDW Beast Wars comics. And the Beast Wars Sourcebook tells of how the IDW Cybershark would become a TM2.

As for Battle Unicorn, he als appeared in the "Wreckers: Finale Part II" comic, as well as the Universe 2003 comics.

But this topic does bring up an interesting idea of trying to figure out what "toy-only characters" there are that exist and have yet to make any canon appearances in fiction. :geek:
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby lioconvoy » Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:33 pm

ah i was unawair that they had appeared in fiction. i new tmii cybershark was the same guy as the original version but i was speaking from a figure preference standpoint.

how does cybershark become tmii?
i find it quite hard to find reading materials as i am parsialy blind and there for depend on the net for my fiction.

it is interesting to see that mor abstract caricters are getting there time in the sun so to speak.

off the top of my head i can think of no caricters that are toy only
lioconvoy

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:52 pm

lioconvoy wrote:how does cybershark become tmii?
Accordign to the IDW Beast wars Sourcebook, Cybershark will be badly damaged in battle and in an emergency procedure have his spark transferred to a blank protoform. This blank had been exposed to the Transmetal driver and so he emerges as a Transmetal 2. Though, since the sourcebook is just a catalog of new bios, the actual story of this event has yet to be told and shown.

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby lioconvoy » Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:24 pm

thanks sabrblade.

i have just thaut of a figure that has not appeared in any fiction and i checked the wiki to be sure.

jawbreaker from the bw tmii line has never appeared.

nor have a couple of the mcdonalds toys such as mantaray but i am not sure if these would be counted.
lioconvoy

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:23 pm

lioconvoy wrote:thanks sabrblade.

i have just thaut of a figure that has not appeared in any fiction and i checked the wiki to be sure.

jawbreaker from the bw tmii line has never appeared.

nor have a couple of the mcdonalds toys such as mantaray but i am not sure if these would be counted.
Actually, Manta Ray is the only McDonald's BW figure to appear in the IDW Beast Wars comics, and was made into a female character there (whereas the figure's bio from the Japanese Beast Wars Perfect Book established it as a male).

In fact, all of the McDonald's BW toys (except for Under-3) were given bios in the Beast Wars Sourcebook.

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Return to Transformers - General Discussion