Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

What's Your Favorite...?

Can't find a category for your topic? Post your Transformers General Discussions here!

What's Your Favorite...?

Postby CYLON (13) » Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:32 pm

Transformers have been around since the 80's right? There have been many series, storylines, toys and incarnations of characters. So what's your favorite?

I'd have to say G1 is my favorite series with the Beast Wars/Machines being a very close second.

G1 toys are some of my earliest memories, oh to be young and have an original Opitmus Prime again or even a Starscream! That would be so cool! :geek:

My favorite character is Beast Wars Dinobot, he was funny with his banter with Rattrap, brave, lived by a wariors code- the 'bot was just really cool. :lol:

I don't really remember any specific G1 storyline. I don't have any of the boxsets yet and haven't seen an episode in over a decade! So I'd have to say the Beast Wars episodes where Ravage made an appearance- sorry don't remember the titles. :oops: :lol:
"I will move away from here, you wont be afraid of fear" Nirvana
CYLON (13)

Re: What's Your Favorite...?

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:41 pm

First favorite - Beast Wars: Transformers
Second favorite - Transformers Animated
Third favorite - Toransufōmā: Chōjin Masutāfōsu (Transformers: Super-god Masterforce)

These were the best of all the series, IMO.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby CYLON (13) » Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:38 pm

I never saw Transformers: Super-god Masterforce, what was that show like? Has that been translated into english or did you see that on the web somewhere with subtitles?
"I will move away from here, you wont be afraid of fear" Nirvana
CYLON (13)

Postby Agent X » Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:22 pm

Series
1: G1
2: Neo Beast Wars (magmatron is beast)
3: Armada

Toys
1: Power Master Optimus Prime (my friends were forced to sell it,but they kept ti for me)
2: Unicron
3: Classics Grimlock

Characters
1: Hot Rod
2: Dinobot
3: Grimlock

Comics
1: IDW's Beast Wars
2: IDW's G1
3: Hearts of Steel
Immaturity is shown by not trying to understand others, but by judging others.
Agent X

Postby mixmaster123 » Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:56 am

Cartoons
1- G1
2- Animated
3- RID

Toys
1- Classics (universe 2.0, 25th Anniversary)
2- G1 (84-86)
3- RID
4- Movie

Autobots
1- G1 Sunstreaker
2- ROTF Optimus Prime
3- RID Optimus Prime
4- Universe 2.0 Hound
5- Universe 2.0 Sunstreaker

Decepticons
1- Universe 2.0 Unicron
2- Classics Megatron
3- G1 Devastator
4- Universe 2.0 Cyclonus
5- Universe 2.0 Starscream
mixmaster123

Postby perceptor » Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:13 pm

Quite honestly, I think that my favorite story/series is Transformers Animated. Beast Wars a close second, but TFA just combined all elements I want:
> homages to other series
> easy to imagine fitting in w/ existing continuity
> show accurate toys
> very well written stories

I have too many "favorite toys" to list, ROTF movie Optimus is right up there, I really dig Unicron, Cybertron-Primus, Magnaboss, Animated Blitzwing, Transmetal (crab) Rampage, G1 original Sideswipe... (I could go on!)

Same for favorite personas: Beast Wars Dinobot is my single most favorite. I also really love Perceptor and Swindle.

Comics? Dreamwave Armada/Energon is probably my personal favorites
Perceptor's thirst for knowledge is unquenchable. He will seek it to the exclusion of all else.<br>
perceptor
Site Admin

Postby MDK Megatron » Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:07 pm

Very easy for me. G1! Every thing else Transformer is just rehashing what was started in 84. If you like the newer stuff that's great and a lot of it looks really cool (The Masterpiece, Binaltech, and Henkei toys as well as there American release counterparts are pretty sweet.) but I know almost nothing about the stories, cartoons, and newer characters outside of the last two movies. Even in G1 I only collected the first and second release toys. Once Scavenger gunned down Prowl in 86 my interest in these toys died for a very long time. Favorite G1 toys were Bluestreak, Prowl, and Smokescreen. I have a weakness for the 280ZX. I liked Soundwave and his first release cassettes a lot as well. The G1 cartoons were alright. At the time I was a little disappointed in them. I couldn't understand why they spent so much time developing the characters for what I thought were crappy toys. Ironhide, Ratchet, Bumblebee, and the rest of the minibots primarily. Looking back now I'm glad they did. I can't picture the new movies without those three. My favorite Transformer comic book cover was #5 of the original Marvel series. Best cover art of the entire 7 year run. Best stories were the last dozen or so issues. Tied all the previous story lines together in a cohesive manner to finish out the series.
MDK Megatron

Postby Lord Megatron » Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:26 am

I suppose that my favorite Transformers Series would most likely be Beast Wars. I was raised on Beast Wars which is why I have such a strong connection to it.

My favorite Toyline would undoubtably be Classics/Universe due to its revisit to each corner of the TransFandom as well as introducing new, original characters. :geek:
"He has no time for the dull roots at his feet, the buds on their roots, their promise... no time. It is the most beautiful flower in the field that he wants."
Lord Megatron

favorite Transformers Series

Postby Wing Saber » Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:20 pm

what is veryone's favorite transformers series? G1, G2, Beast Wars, Beast Machines, RID, Armada, Energon, Cybertron, or Animated?
Wing Saber

Postby Wing Saber » Sat Mar 20, 2010 6:22 pm

series: 1. Armada
2.Cybertron
3. Energon

Character: 1.Armada Starscream
2. Cybertron Wing Saber
3. Armada Blurr
Wing Saber

Next

Return to Transformers - General Discussion