Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

What's Your Favorite...?

Can't find a category for your topic? Post your Transformers General Discussions here!

which one?

Postby Wing Saber » Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:12 pm

which starscream, Megatron, and optimus prime is your favorite?
Wing Saber

Re: What's Your Favorite...?

Postby lioconvoy » Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:44 pm

i would have to say animated as it gave us some grate toys and caricters. good plots and storyline. bw is second for me followed by bw neo and bwii. next comes movie and rotf. rid is up there and supergod masterforce, headmasters and victory. g1 doesn't even need listing. its the origin and as such is off the charts. figures, bigconvoy, lio convoy, magmatron, rotf prime, g1 star convoy, scorponoc, chromedome, pm prime, rid prime, g1 rodimus prime, galaxyforce prime, universe vecter prime, animated, rotf lockdowns and animated oil slick
lioconvoy

Postby cyberwuss » Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:25 pm

Toys:
1.Generation 2 - had so many things that were great and improved greatly on G1.
Resurrected the series and line when everyone thought it was dead.
2.Animated - can't say enough about how accurate the figures are and very well done, would have been higher if they wouldn't have made that last wave (arcee/blackout/etc) to be exclusives grrrr!
3.Cybertron - Supreme starscream and futuristic designs everywhere this was a most excellent and sturdy line that seemed to have the best quality control out of all the TF lines I've seen.

Shows and movies:
1.Animated - undisputed champion of TF shows.
2.Generation 1 - started it all and was the best for many years until animated won out.
3.Movieverse - still so fun for me because I've always wanted to see a live action TF done.

Comics: Don't really do alot of comics so its a tough one.
1.Original G1 UK - I liked the idea that they took a somewhat different story arc and went on alot longer than US as far as number of issues.
2.Original G1 US - I dont have many comics but I do have 2 of the shockwave on cover that says "The Autobots are all DEAD!" or whatever that is like a collection of some of the earliest ones and the reprint from G1 optimus reissue of #1.
3.Animated - the artwork isn't that beautiful as some of the other sets but the story is just too good.
cyberwuss

Postby Blurr » Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:59 pm

Wing Saber wrote:3. Armada Blurr

I'm your favorite! :o
Blurr

Postby Wing Saber » Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:21 pm

Armada Blurr is beast
Wing Saber

Postby Blurr » Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:10 pm

I don't dispute that!
Blurr

Postby Wing Saber » Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:12 pm

I'll take it your a fan of Armada?
Wing Saber

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:59 am

Sabrblade wrote:First favorite - Beast Wars: Transformers
Second favorite - Transformers Animated
Third favorite - Toransufōmā: Chōjin Masutāfōsu (Transformers: Super-god Masterforce)

These were the best of all the series, IMO.
I probably should have elaborated more back when I wrote this. :roll:

I wish to do so now.

1. Beast Wars: Transformers
The first TF series I ever saw. Aside from the cliche nostalgia factor, this series had great character development, good enough humor that both kids and adults can enjoy, excellent plot-driven stories that varied from exotic and mysterious (like those involving the Vok devices) to those that were edgy and intense (like the second and third season finales). It's cast wasn't too large, meaning everyone got a fair amount of screentime and space to grow and develop. Not to mention it had, what I consider to be, the greatest Megatron of all time (he still holds this title in Beast Machines as well).

2. Transformers Animated
This show was made for the fans. In spite of its childish and cartoony appearance, there were moments where it became a very dark and edgy series, while still maintaining a few good fun and comedic moments at other times. This series contained many nods to past series, making for some great fanwank moments. Not to mention that the Decepticons were actually both powerful and competent threats, needing several Autobots working in unison just to stop one! If Beast Wars had not been made, this series would probably be the best of them all.

3. Toransufōmā: Chōjin Masutāfōsu (Transformers: Super-God Masterforce)
Probably the best of all of the Japanese Transformers series. This series had one thing more than any other: heart. It was deep, powerful, and breathtaking to experience this series. The characters in this series seemed to be the most human (and that's not just because they all were literally part human). The Decepticons were some of the baddest and most cold-hearted of them all. And the none of the human characters were annoying (mostly because they themselves were Autobot or Decepticon soldiers). It's one of those series actually makes you question the morality of Man, and shows you that, no matter how badly one has sinned, there is always a chance to find redemption.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Transformers - General Discussion