Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

Transformers Hall of Fame

Can't find a category for your topic? Post your Transformers General Discussions here!

Re: Transformers Hall of Fame

Postby xMEx » Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:34 pm

Iron Hide should be in the hall of fame because of his tenacity in the fight even dying for the cause. If any other character then the other characters that should be there in order are:
Grimlock
Ravage
Silverbolt
The reasons are as stated: Grimlock is well Grimlock and very deserving of the honor
Ravage is a special character. Remember that he was the only Decepticon reformatted after everything was said and done. Soundwave sure was Megatrons right hand man however without ravage most of the time as efficient as he was would not have been as effective.
Silverbolt is a personal love and respect as he was the knight in shining armour. can wew not forget one of the most beloved of the Beast Wars?

This is of course the Hall of fame so I believe Iron Hide is the most deserving after all he did for the Autobots.
xMEx

Postby lioconvoy » Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:26 am

i simply must change my list.
i've just finished watching beast wars again lol

1 dinobot. his caricter is noble and honorable. he is truely a hero worthy of our respect.
2 optimus primal. he could be arguably called cybertron's gratest hero.
3 animated prowl. again another hero worthy of our respect. he is in tune with nature and wise beond his steller cycles. i think i speak for most of us when i say his death was unexpected.
4 waspinator. come on people give the wasp some simpathy lol he got beet on, slagged off, possessed by star scream and reformatted as a wasp with thrust's head.
5 beast megatron. a powerful, clever, cunning tyranical dictater who believed he was working for his people's betterment. on top of that he's purple.
lioconvoy

Postby skywarp408 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:40 pm

Hmmm... first time post and long time lurker.

This can be any Transformer fom any Universe/line?

That's pretty broad. Most of mine will never come close, but maybe G1 galvatron?
skywarp408

Postby blukis » Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:51 pm

Skywarp408, welcome to the spotlight.
Unicron.com - Brian L - Image / tw / fb
blukis
Site Admin

Postby Sabrblade » Fri May 07, 2010 9:45 pm

Well, the results are in, and five nominees have been revealed by Hasbro.

Hasbro wrote:Fan’s choice nominee #1 is: SOUNDWAVE

“SOUNDWAVE superior. Other DECEPTICONS inferior.”

SOUNDWAVE’s origins are a mystery to all including MEGATRON. His distinct ability to symbiotically partner with MINI-CONS (aka Deployers) grants him an ability to go where others can’t and get what others want. SOUNDWAVE has had many partners throughout his career with the DECEPTICONS, but his favorites remain LASERBEAK and RAVAGE. Having deleted his emotional programs to allow the easier and faster processing of information, SOUNDWAVE has become a calculating, focused, and emotionless warrior. This has allowed him to climb the ranks of the DECEPTICONS. Unquestionably loyal to MEGATRON, who looks to SOUNDWAVE to be his eyes and ears even among the DECEPTICONS. SOUNDWAVE’s other abilities include absorbing sounds and reflecting them back towards an opponent as a sonic blast attack. He has few weaknesses, but an aggressive sonic assault – as by multiple, coordinated sonic booms – can overload his processing systems and make him susceptible to attack.

Hasbro wrote:Fan’s choice nominee #2 is: GRIMLOCK

“Me GRIMLOCK king!”

GRIMLOCK fought his way through the gladiatorial pits underneath Kaon to become one of the greatest warriors on CYBERTRON. Having joined the AUTOBOTS early on during the Great War, GRIMLOCK made it clear he never trusted OPTIMUS PRIME to properly lead the AUTOBOTS. Due to his shock and awe approach to combat, GRIMLOCK is not regarded as a great military leader. However, he has fought and survived through enough battles to earn top ranking position among the AUTOBOTS. Having struck out on his own, GRIMLOCK eventually found himself leader of the DINOBOTS, a special operations strike force unit that can power through most barricades and DECEPTICON strongholds. During a battle with the DECEPTICON SCORPONOK, GRIMLOCK’s vocal processors were damaged, leading to his awkward and distinct way of speaking. If GRIMLOCK has a weakness, it is his larger than Prime ego and his lack of patience.

Hasbro wrote:Fan’s choice nominee #3 is: AUTOBOT JAZZ
"I do everything with style!”

Before OPTIMUS PRIME became leader of the AUTOBOTS, he was known as Orion Pax and AUTOBOT JAZZ was his closest friend. Respected by his fellow AUTOBOTS for always taking the most dangerous missions in the war against the DECEPTICONS, AUTOBOT JAZZ became one of the best lieutenants for OPTIMUS PRIME. Always selecting a fast and stylish alt mode that reflects his cool and competent demeanor, and having studied the ways of the Cyber-Ninja, AUTOBOT JAZZ always takes in the situation before making any decisions. Once on Earth, AUTOBOT JAZZ quickly became enthralled with its many different cultures. Fascinated by Earth’s music, AUTOBOT JAZZ seamlessly picked up human slang, which he often uses to relieve tension amongst the ranks.

Hasbro wrote:Fan’s choice nominee #4 is: SHOCKWAVE
“Clarity of thought is the key to deciding your actions.”

The cold and calculating mind of SHOCKWAVE makes most DECEPTICONS question and fear his true intensions. SHOCKWAVE has always secretly sought control over the DECEPTICONS, but believes all of CYBERTRON will benefit from his scientific and logical approach to rule. Perhaps as powerful as MEGATRON, SHOCKWAVE will loyally serve the DECEPTICON leader until the time inevitably comes when logic dictates that MEGATRON must be retired permanently. In the meantime, SHOCKWAVE uses his vast knowledge to plan military assaults on AUTOBOT forces and to perform gruesome experiments on other TRANSFORMERS. Perhaps his only weakness is letting his emotions get the better of him, leading to spontaneous and irrational actions.

Hasbro wrote:Fan’s choice nominee #5 is: DINOBOT
"Let me be judged accordingly. The rest is silence.”

Once feared as a PREDACON, DINOBOT found himself stranded alongside MEGATRON in the distant past. There, his code of honor led him to make a choice between following MEGATRON or standing against him. Eventually, DINOBOT joined the heroic MAXIMALS and fought in the BEAST WARS over control of ENERGON, the fate of the human species and CYBERTRON itself. Having sacrificed his life in an honorable stance against the PREDACONS, DINOBOT was cloned by MEGATRON and reborn into Transmetal 2 DINOBOT. By splitting in half the spark in PREDACON RAMPAGE™, MEGATRON was able to control this clone and wield him as a weapon. With the destruction of RAMPAGE, Transmetal 2 DINOBOT’s spark became whole again, along with the consciousness of the warrior that once took hold of this new form and helped save the day.

The time to cast your vote for the fifth and final slot in the in the Transformers Hall of Fame (behind Optimus Prime, Megatron, Bumblebee, and Starscream) is nigh upon us. Voting beings Monday, May 10, 2009.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Wing Saber » Sat May 08, 2010 12:00 am

Sabrblade wrote:Well, the results are in, and five nominees have been revealed by Hasbro.

Hasbro wrote:Fan’s choice nominee #1 is: SOUNDWAVE

“SOUNDWAVE superior. Other DECEPTICONS inferior.”

SOUNDWAVE’s origins are a mystery to all including MEGATRON. His distinct ability to symbiotically partner with MINI-CONS (aka Deployers) grants him an ability to go where others can’t and get what others want. SOUNDWAVE has had many partners throughout his career with the DECEPTICONS, but his favorites remain LASERBEAK and RAVAGE. Having deleted his emotional programs to allow the easier and faster processing of information, SOUNDWAVE has become a calculating, focused, and emotionless warrior. This has allowed him to climb the ranks of the DECEPTICONS. Unquestionably loyal to MEGATRON, who looks to SOUNDWAVE to be his eyes and ears even among the DECEPTICONS. SOUNDWAVE’s other abilities include absorbing sounds and reflecting them back towards an opponent as a sonic blast attack. He has few weaknesses, but an aggressive sonic assault – as by multiple, coordinated sonic booms – can overload his processing systems and make him susceptible to attack.

Hasbro wrote:Fan’s choice nominee #2 is: GRIMLOCK

“Me GRIMLOCK king!”

GRIMLOCK fought his way through the gladiatorial pits underneath Kaon to become one of the greatest warriors on CYBERTRON. Having joined the AUTOBOTS early on during the Great War, GRIMLOCK made it clear he never trusted OPTIMUS PRIME to properly lead the AUTOBOTS. Due to his shock and awe approach to combat, GRIMLOCK is not regarded as a great military leader. However, he has fought and survived through enough battles to earn top ranking position among the AUTOBOTS. Having struck out on his own, GRIMLOCK eventually found himself leader of the DINOBOTS, a special operations strike force unit that can power through most barricades and DECEPTICON strongholds. During a battle with the DECEPTICON SCORPONOK, GRIMLOCK’s vocal processors were damaged, leading to his awkward and distinct way of speaking. If GRIMLOCK has a weakness, it is his larger than Prime ego and his lack of patience.

Hasbro wrote:Fan’s choice nominee #3 is: AUTOBOT JAZZ
"I do everything with style!”

Before OPTIMUS PRIME became leader of the AUTOBOTS, he was known as Orion Pax and AUTOBOT JAZZ was his closest friend. Respected by his fellow AUTOBOTS for always taking the most dangerous missions in the war against the DECEPTICONS, AUTOBOT JAZZ became one of the best lieutenants for OPTIMUS PRIME. Always selecting a fast and stylish alt mode that reflects his cool and competent demeanor, and having studied the ways of the Cyber-Ninja, AUTOBOT JAZZ always takes in the situation before making any decisions. Once on Earth, AUTOBOT JAZZ quickly became enthralled with its many different cultures. Fascinated by Earth’s music, AUTOBOT JAZZ seamlessly picked up human slang, which he often uses to relieve tension amongst the ranks.

Hasbro wrote:Fan’s choice nominee #4 is: SHOCKWAVE
“Clarity of thought is the key to deciding your actions.”

The cold and calculating mind of SHOCKWAVE makes most DECEPTICONS question and fear his true intensions. SHOCKWAVE has always secretly sought control over the DECEPTICONS, but believes all of CYBERTRON will benefit from his scientific and logical approach to rule. Perhaps as powerful as MEGATRON, SHOCKWAVE will loyally serve the DECEPTICON leader until the time inevitably comes when logic dictates that MEGATRON must be retired permanently. In the meantime, SHOCKWAVE uses his vast knowledge to plan military assaults on AUTOBOT forces and to perform gruesome experiments on other TRANSFORMERS. Perhaps his only weakness is letting his emotions get the better of him, leading to spontaneous and irrational actions.

Hasbro wrote:Fan’s choice nominee #5 is: DINOBOT
"Let me be judged accordingly. The rest is silence.”

Once feared as a PREDACON, DINOBOT found himself stranded alongside MEGATRON in the distant past. There, his code of honor led him to make a choice between following MEGATRON or standing against him. Eventually, DINOBOT joined the heroic MAXIMALS and fought in the BEAST WARS over control of ENERGON, the fate of the human species and CYBERTRON itself. Having sacrificed his life in an honorable stance against the PREDACONS, DINOBOT was cloned by MEGATRON and reborn into Transmetal 2 DINOBOT. By splitting in half the spark in PREDACON RAMPAGE™, MEGATRON was able to control this clone and wield him as a weapon. With the destruction of RAMPAGE, Transmetal 2 DINOBOT’s spark became whole again, along with the consciousness of the warrior that once took hold of this new form and helped save the day.

The time to cast your vote for the fifth and final slot in the in the Transformers Hall of Fame (behind Optimus Prime, Megatron, Bumblebee, and Starscream) is nigh upon us. Voting beings Monday, May 10, 2009.

I want either Jazz or Soundwave to win for sure!
Wing Saber

Postby Sabrblade » Sat May 08, 2010 11:27 pm

In all honesty, Dinobot seems to be not only the best choice, but the only logical choice.

I mean, sure, all five are memorable characters, but the other four are mostly remembered for the wrong reasons and can seem a bit overrated. They each are usually remembered for at least one of four things:
1. Their voices
2. Their altmodes
3. Their toys
4. Their gimmicks

This Hall of Fame is not intended to honor particularly any of those four factors. It's to honor the character itself.

Soundwave falls into the category of all four. He's mostly remembered as the guy with the deep voice, the articulated toy, the tape player bot, or the guy with cassette tapes inside him. But, what about his personality? Well, he was a loyal follower of Megatron and... that's it. He was basically Megatron's Yes Man and an outright tool for his master's evil plans. Soundwave never did anything on his own, never acted on his own, never took his own stand in the Decepticons, never stated his own opinions and objectives. He was always, "As you command, Megatron" without question. But in all fairness, he did once say "No" to Galvatron, but that was the terrible "Carnage in C-Minor" episode where Soundwave was the (unnecessary) translator of those musical aliens. And as far as character development goes, he remained fully static all throughout the G1 cartoon. He never went through any trials or challenges that dealt with him having to cope with and overcome his personal flaws or anything deep like that. He was a lackey with a music gimmick in the beginning, and stayed the same till the end.

Grimlock was a little better of a choice, but not by much. Sure he had a little more personality, what with him being dumb and brutish and having some development episodes of his own, but he's still basically recalled as the shiny T-Rex with the dim-witted dialogue. His shining moments were far and few, and most of them were just to show him as "the bot who's toy all kids should buy", instead of fleshing out his character further. There were several missed opportunities that could have gone further with this guy. There were times where the Dinobots seemed like they would form their own splintered group away from the rest of the Autobots, only for them to kiss and make up by the episode's conclusion. Had this idea been taken a step further, it could have led to some very interesting arcs involving not just two factions at war, but three. Another opportunity was when Grimlock became smart. Now I get the nobility in sacrificing his super-intellect to grant it to Computron, but they could have had something interesting to twist the plot of the series better with Grimlock remaining a super genius for more than one episode. Sadly, this did not come about.

Jazz was another generic "famous name guy" choice. Sure, he had some personality, being the "cool guy" of the Autobots. But like Soundwave, that's it. We know nothing about him personally other than his likeness of Earth music and slang. He may have had a hip voice and a sweet altmode, but the voice and ride do not solely make the character. He was mostly used as another soldier who shot at the enemy, and had no development episodes of his own either. If anything, Jazz can referred to as something similar to "robot eye candy". Not in the sense of a sexual appeal, but in the sense of an "I'm awesome!" appeal. He was the cool guy. Why was he the cool guy? Dunno, he just was. We don't even know why he supposed to be cool. We don't even know why he is who he is. What's his story? What is it that makes him have the "cool guy" shtick? He's basically the "unknown soldier who spoke in slang".

Shockwave is another category four. Deep, charismatic voice. Space gun altmode. Highly accurate and fun toy. Gun mode & electronic gimmicks. But what about he himself? He was mostly portrayed as the Decepticons's house sitter. He stayed on Cybertron to watch things, but there was hardly anything for him to watch, what with the planet being almost uninhabitable. And he did this for four million years! Like Soundwave, he was also loyal to Megatron, and did little else in regards to being his own character. Though, on occasion, he would have to act on his own to protect the Decepticons's Cybertron HQ, but this was still out of loyalty to Megatron. I will admit that there's nothing wrong with loyalty, but it's not a good thing when you've got little else going for ya. And like both Soundwave and Jazz, he was also lacking in the character development department.

Dinobot, on the other hand, was much more than just a raptor with a cool voice. He was deep, torn between his own morality and his own ambitions. There were times where it was hard to tell whether he was good or bad, a hero or an anti-hero. He sometimes seemed like he wanted to slaughter anyone and anything around him. It seemed like he hated his comrades no matter whose side he was on. But, underneath this cold, brutish attitude lay one thing that is rare to find in a good villain: a sense of honor (I say "villain" because he started out as a Predacon). In spite of his generally negative appearance, his loyalty never wavered to those he was sided with. With the exception of the episode "Maximal, No More", but that was also part of his development and he learned from his mistake afterwards, accepting his errors and coping with them. Even if he didn't always see eye-to-eye with his allies, he remained firm in his word as their comrade. And to the very end, in his final, crowning moment, he gave the ultimate sacrifice for the sake of humanity's future. I'm even willing to say that I'd still choose Dinobot over these other four even if "Code of Hero" never existed. He's simply more than just a sword-wielding, dino with a nasty attitude-esque voice. He's his own fully-fleshed out and characterized person. Or at least, he was, until he met tragic, but heroic end. He lived as a warrior, a true soldier, a brother to his comrades. And died a hero, a savior, a legend to all. May his spark live on in the Matrix, the Allspark, the Well of All Sparks... the Greatest of Cybertron.

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Wing Saber » Sun May 09, 2010 12:14 am

Sabrblade wrote:Dinobot, on the other hand, was much more than just a raptor with a cool voice. He was deep, torn between his own morality and his own ambitions. There were times where it was hard to tell whether he was good or bad, a hero or an anti-hero. He sometimes seemed like he wanted to slaughter anyone and anything around him. It seemed like he hated his comrades no matter whose side he was on. But, underneath this cold, brutish attitude lay one thing that is rare to find in a good villain: a sense of honor (I say "villain" because he started out as a Predacon). And to the very end, in his final, crowning moment, he gave the ultimate sacrifice for the sake of humanity's future. He's simply more than just a sword-wielding, dino with a nasty attitude-esque voice. He's his own fully-fleshed out and characterized person. Or at least, he was, until he met tragic, but heroic end. He lived as a warrior, a true soldier, a brother to his comrades. And died a hero, a savior, a legend to all.

kinda sounds like Armada Starscream
Wing Saber

Postby Sabrblade » Sun May 09, 2010 12:57 am

Wing Saber wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Dinobot, on the other hand, was much more than just a raptor with a cool voice. He was deep, torn between his own morality and his own ambitions. There were times where it was hard to tell whether he was good or bad, a hero or an anti-hero. He sometimes seemed like he wanted to slaughter anyone and anything around him. It seemed like he hated his comrades no matter whose side he was on. But, underneath this cold, brutish attitude lay one thing that is rare to find in a good villain: a sense of honor (I say "villain" because he started out as a Predacon). And to the very end, in his final, crowning moment, he gave the ultimate sacrifice for the sake of humanity's future. He's simply more than just a sword-wielding, dino with a nasty attitude-esque voice. He's his own fully-fleshed out and characterized person. Or at least, he was, until he met tragic, but heroic end. He lived as a warrior, a true soldier, a brother to his comrades. And died a hero, a savior, a legend to all.

Mmmm, no. You'd have to see him in Beast Wars to get a better idea.

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Wing Saber » Sun May 09, 2010 3:04 pm

Sabrblade wrote:
Wing Saber wrote:

Mmmm, no. You'd have to see him in Beast Wars to get a better idea.

i have seen him in beast wars, ive seen the first 10 episodes.
Wing Saber

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers - General Discussion