Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

Continuity, Canon, and Fanon

Can't find a category for your topic? Post your Transformers General Discussions here!

Continuity, Canon, and Fanon

Postby TriPredRavage » Mon May 10, 2010 2:32 pm

Inspired by a conversation that I think Sabrblade and I have had more times than any other Transfans in the world, this is a continuity thread! Here, you can express your thoughts on the overall canons and your fanons. All is welcome, and all can be discussed by everyone. So, don't be offended if someone disagrees with what you believe, after all, we're all here to have fun anyway. I'll start us off.

Primax Continuity (Mainstream Continuity):
I believe that the series Beast Wars II and Beast Wars Neo take place parallel to and after Beast Wars, but before Beast machines. (I also refer to all BWII & Neo characters by their English toy names (Sorry, Sabr).)

:: SPOILERS ::

While Optimus Primal and his crew are fighting the Beast Wars in the past, Leo Prime and his team fight their own Beast War on present day Earth (our future Earth). Somewhere along the way, the Beast Wars II movie takes place, which is parallel to the end of Beast Wars season I. Thus, when Optimus Primal died in the past, he is transported to the future by Prowl.

At the end of the Beast Wars II movie, Optimus Primal goes to return to his own time, but is actually sent into the Robot Masters conflict.

At the end of Beast Wars II, when Leo Prime and his Maximals are stuck in the worm hole, Leo Prime is transported into the Robot Masters conflict as well. Optimus eventually makes his way back to his time thanks in part to Rhinox's actions, who had been searching for Optimus on "the other side of the Matrix," and this is why he had such a hard time locating Optimus; he was displaced by time.

Beast Wars Neo occurs, where Leo Prime eventually makes his way back to his present and fights alongside Nemesis Prime and Magmatron against Unicron. The series ends with the Maximals and Predacons at peace until Megatron returns to Cybertron, enslaving it and beginning the Spark Wars in Beast Machines. I believe that Megatron managed to make it to the future ahead of the Maximals because he escaped while they were traveling through time, and he managed to land ahead of them.

As time travels forward on Earth from the Beast Wars, a divergent timeline was created due to their actions in the past, where the Decepticons became Predacons, and thus we have TF: Robots in Disguise.

And that's my most prominent fanon. It's got some kinks to work out, but it's getting there. :D
TriPredRavage

Re: Continuity, Canon, and Fanon

Postby Sabrblade » Mon May 10, 2010 3:31 pm

For further references, here's a link to a previous discussion topic on this matter that was held back in the days before we at Unicron.com had this forum. ;)
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby TriPredRavage » Mon May 10, 2010 3:39 pm

Sabrblade wrote:For further references, here's a link to a previous discussion topic on this matter that was held back in the days before we at Unicron.com had this forum. ;)

I was actually thinking about this topic when I was writing this... but I couldn't remember what year it happened in. :lol:
TriPredRavage

Postby lioconvoy » Mon May 10, 2010 3:51 pm

well sabrblade poasted a thred about his ideas for the armardaverse.

hears my version

before the series-
the transformers were created by primus.
the 13 watch over the universe.
the autobot desepticon conflict starts.
four ships are sent from cybertron by the ancients to protect primus from being tainted by the conflict.
rodimus and the previous megatron leave to seek out piece.

series-
armarda.
then galaxy force.
there is a power vacuum because megatron is still dead at this point. so a desepticon who dubs himself master megatron decides to take over. because he is a master of the dark arts he has no problem with this.
galaxy convoy who is not optimus fights him whilst simaltainiously fighting off the black hole.
then comes energon.

my g1 just follows the series but places bwii in present day and bwn also present day but after bwii.

rid takes place before the beast wars but after g1 with fire convoy a different caricter to optimus
lioconvoy

Postby lioconvoy » Mon May 10, 2010 4:16 pm

let me clarify.
my armardaverse remains as it is.

g1.

transformers, japan head masters, supergod master force, victory, vone, battlestars return of convoy.
then enspired by the prekersers such as deathsaurus and the predacons the desepticons change there names to predacon.
they adopt beast modes and invade earth trying to find brave maximus who was left as a last line of defence for the planet by the autobots.
fire convoy (a different prime) goes to stop them.
(at this point, the convoy counsle is istablished)
the tripredacus rise.
taking ideas from the beast form predacons and those with vehical alt modes who still call themselves desepticons, the maximals are born using beast technology.
years go by and we have beast wars. at the same time, beast wars second takes place with lio in cybertrons presant. after a year or so big convoy goes after lio searching.
during this time, the beast wars cast fly back to cybertron and megatron escapes.
big convoy returns and fights unicron and unifys the predacons and maximals.
then megatron strikes. he takes over cybertron.
we have beast machines.

in my continuity the comics, manga, bwii movie and all subsiquant fiction is all alternite dimentions
lioconvoy

Postby Wing Saber » Mon May 10, 2010 5:40 pm

This is my version for the Armadaverse. before the transformers were created, Primus and Unicron battled it out. Primus won, and thought that Unicron was completeley destroyed, so he used the little power he had left to transform into cybertron and create the Transformers. but while this was happening, Unicron who was barely functional disguised himself as a moon and began to orbit cybertron. The transformers lived in peace, Optimus was in command, and Megatron was his right hand man. Though Megatron didn't know it, his right hand man was one of Unicron's agents. That agent convinced him to take cybertron for his own, so Megatron began to secretley form the decepticons, after a few years, Megatron had a huge army of Decepticons hidden underground, and they surfaced and invaded cybertron. Unicrons agent was killed in the first battle. after thousands of years of war, the Autobots are winning, and the war is coming to an end, so Unicron creates the minicons to keep the war going. after this, the events of the Armada tv show take place. since there is no longer war, The minicons are no longer needed, so the autobots build a spaceship for them, and bring them to a planet of their own, as seen at the end of "Linkage". A few minicons choose to stay behind. thats as far as ive gotten
Wing Saber

Postby Wing Saber » Mon May 10, 2010 5:48 pm

Oh i almost forgot the part about Nemisis Prime. when Unicron created sideways, he mixed into his medal a special substance that would allow him to change form. after he sent sideways on his way, Unicron wondered what would happen if he created a being from that substance. Nemisis Prime is what he got, but Nemisis only saw one form to take the shape of, and that was Unicron. afraid that Primus would see Nemisis and relize that Unicron was still alive, Unicron creted a poorly made planet for Nemisis. Later when the autobots and decepticons were on their way to cybertron, Sideways learned of this, so he created a black hole leading to this planet, known as Planet Nemiton, and let Nemesis do the rest. when Nemisis was destroyed, the planet no longer had any purpose, so it crumbled.
Wing Saber

Postby cyberwuss » Mon May 10, 2010 8:29 pm

If it hasn't been said in one of the english series or movies I usually go with whatever is on wikipedia at the time I'm reading it which is probably where I get brainwashed with my fanon. So for my thoughts on it I just go with the popular vote I guess. Wish I was a good storyteller for fanstuff but I focus more on fanart so that's where my time is spent atm.
cyberwuss

Postby Sabrblade » Mon May 10, 2010 11:57 pm

lioconvoy wrote:well sabrblade poasted a thred about his ideas for the armardaverse.
Wait, wait, wait. That theory of mine does not reflect my actual beliefs on the Aurex cluster. It reflects my creative thinking, but it's not what I believe. I go by how it is officially: A-E-C and MD-SL-GF (even if its still kinda loony, but hey we're talking about something that purposely uses a plot device to mess up the flow of the various realities to make sense :lol:).
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby lioconvoy » Tue May 11, 2010 3:45 am

sabrblade
i am awair that the other thred is meer conjecture, i'm just pointing it out as the insperasion for my way of the triligy that makes mor sence to me
lioconvoy

Next

Return to Transformers - General Discussion