Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

Transformers movies and Unicron

Can't find a category for your topic? Post your Transformers General Discussions here!

Transformers movies and Unicron

Postby Wing Saber » Sat May 22, 2010 11:36 pm

ok, in this thread i'm going to cover 2 topics, i just didn't want to make 2 topics. ok first, I finally figured out why i liked ROTF so much!! it hinted to Armada in 3 ways. 1: The Matrix of leadership. 2: Optimus Prime combining with jetfire. 3: A giant weapon the could destroy a sun ( or in armada's case, the earth (The hydra cannon)). the one thing i didn't really like was that Megatron wasn't the leader. ok, my second topic, is Unicron. as anyone who has seen the 1985 movie or Armada knows, Unicron is a BEAST :!: :!: :!: but, my question is, will he appear in the Movies?? personally, i dont think Bay is capable of making a transformer of that scale. I think Devastator was good for him, and dont think he's good enough for unicron. but, if he is capable of creating, and not completely ruining, him then i want him to.
Wing Saber

Re: Transformers movies and Unicron

Postby PORTER » Sun May 23, 2010 12:27 am

i dont count on bay doing unicron in the way we all would like maybe, if he really tried to get a good fan source to create the famous chaos bringer then bay..(enter rob schneider's voice here) ..you_ can_do_it :!: but if bay messes unicron up i will not have any faith in bay's movies for a good long time :x
take a note though about the robot names he disgraced

-skids
-mudflap
-arcee,chromia,flareup
-wheelie
-jetfire
-sideways(only because he was in the movie for 30 seconds before he was killed by sideswipe which made me say: what the deuce?)
-jetfire
-devestator
-jolt(because he had absoluteley no screen time because general motors was being grouchy like: oh! we dont want that car advertized yet!!!! after all of that i still loved the movie..........only a transformers fan would.........(coff)geek(coff)me(coff) ;)
PORTER

Postby Sabrblade » Sun May 23, 2010 2:44 am

Wing Saber wrote:ok first, I finally figured out why i liked ROTF so much!! it hinted to Armada in 3 ways. 1: The Matrix of leadership.
Wrong! The Matrix of Leadership debuted in the 1986 movie. Armada's Matrix was like the upteenth copy of it. :roll:

Wing Saber wrote:2: Optimus Prime combining with jetfire.
This, maybe. But the concept of Optimus combining with someone else began in RiD, and the whole concept of the Autobot Leader combining with someone else began originally in Super-god Masterforce.

Wing Saber wrote:3: A giant weapon the could destroy a sun ( or in armada's case, the earth (The hydra cannon)).
Again, no. The harvester is an obvious reference to the Solar Needle of G1. Plus, the concept of bad guys using weapons powerful enough to destroy celestial objects dates back even farther than that, probably even farther back that the original Star Wars movie.

Wing Saber wrote:the one thing i didn't really like was that Megatron wasn't the leader.
As I asked before about Optimus not being the leader in Animated, what rule states that the Decepticons must be led by a Megatron?

Besides, Megs was still treated as the leader in the movie. The Fallen was just treated as his master. The Cons answer to Megs, but Megs answers to The Fallen.

Wing Saber wrote:ok, my second topic, is Unicron. as anyone who has seen the 1985 movie or Armada knows, Unicron is a BEAST :!: :!: :!: but, my question is, will he appear in the Movies?? personally, i dont think Bay is capable of making a transformer of that scale. I think Devastator was good for him, and dont think he's good enough for unicron. but, if he is capable of creating, and not completely ruining, him then i want him to.
I really doubt Unicron would appear in tthe films, mainly because any scenes with him wouls obscure any and all human charatcers due to his sheer size. And as we all know, the it is the humans characters that are the stars of Michael Bay's Transformers films. :P :lol: :roll: But, then again, ya never know. ;)

But, yes, he is a beast! And his voice! :o Holy cow, was Orson Welles perfect or what?! His uber-deep, uber-frightening, Satan-esque voice was so chilling to the bone to hear! 8-) I loved it! I absolutely loved it! Which is why I was saddened by two things that occured afterward. One was Orson Welles passing away right after he finished the role (may he rest in peace). The other was Mark Acheson being casted as his Armada voice. I've nothing against Acheson himself, but he just didn't capture the magic of the Chaos Bringer's voice like Mr. Welles did. It sounded so off, and kinda out there when compared to Welles smoother, chiling Unicron voice. Though, whenever Acheson made Unicron yell/growl/grunt/groan/etc., he did sound very Orson-esque in his Unicron voice. But whenever he spoke as Unicron, it was a letdown. :cry: Perhaps if they had casted Lee Tocker (using his Makuta voice from the Bionicle movies) as Unicron, it may have sounded better, as Tocker's Makuta voice sounds very reminiscient of Welles' Unicron voice. And if not him, then Don Brown using his his Eternal Dragon/Shenron voice from the Ocean Group dub of Dragon Ball Z (another Welles Unicron-esque voice).
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Wing Saber » Sun May 23, 2010 11:10 am

PORTER wrote:-jetfire
-sideways(only because he was in the movie for 30 seconds before he was killed by sideswipe which made me say: what the deuce?)
-jetfire

you said jetfire twice
Sabrblade wrote:
Wing Saber wrote:ok first, I finally figured out why i liked ROTF so much!! it hinted to Armada in 3 ways. 1: The Matrix of leadership.
Wrong! The Matrix of Leadership debuted in the 1986 movie. Armada's Matrix was like the upteenth copy of it. :roll:

true, i forgot about that. speaking of which, why did he take it off when he was going to fight galvatron??

Sabrblade wrote:
This, maybe. But the concept of Optimus combining with someone else began in RiD, and the whole concept of the Autobot Leader combining with someone else began originally in Super-god Masterforce.

are you just trying to find ways to prove me wrong?

Sabrblade wrote:
Wing Saber wrote:3: A giant weapon the could destroy a sun ( or in armada's case, the earth (The hydra cannon)).
Again, no. The harvester is an obvious reference to the Solar Needle of G1. Plus, the concept of bad guys using weapons powerful enough to destroy celestial objects dates back even farther than that, probably even farther back that the original Star Wars movie.

yes, i know it's more of a reference to the solar needle.

Sabrblade wrote:
Wing Saber wrote:the one thing i didn't really like was that Megatron wasn't the leader.
As I asked before about Optimus not being the leader in Animated, what rule states that the Decepticons must be led by a Megatron?

Besides, Megs was still treated as the leader in the movie. The Fallen was just treated as his master. The Cons answer to Megs, but Megs answers to The Fallen.
ok, i never said he MUST be leader, i just prefer him to be.

Sabrblade wrote:
Wing Saber wrote:ok, my second topic, is Unicron. as anyone who has seen the 1985 movie or Armada knows, Unicron is a BEAST :!: :!: :!: but, my question is, will he appear in the Movies?? personally, i dont think Bay is capable of making a transformer of that scale. I think Devastator was good for him, and dont think he's good enough for unicron. but, if he is capable of creating, and not completely ruining, him then i want him to.
I really doubt Unicron would appear in tthe films, mainly because any scenes with him wouls obscure any and all human charatcers due to his sheer size. And as we all know, the it is the humans characters that are the stars of Michael Bay's Transformers films. :P :lol: :roll: But, then again, ya never know. ;)

well, he could somehow manage. after all they managed to in Armada. or he could try and do something like the G1 movie and give the human characters something like exo suits. (i think thats what they were called. i havent watched it in a long time cuz i have it on vcr but dont have any working vcr players anymore)

Sabrblade wrote: But, yes, he is a beast! And his voice! :o Holy cow, was Orson Welles perfect or what?! His uber-deep, uber-frightening, Satan-esque voice was so chilling to the bone to hear! 8-) I loved it! I absolutely loved it! Which is why I was saddened by two things that occured afterward. One was Orson Welles passing away right after he finished the role (may he rest in peace). The other was Mark Acheson being casted as his Armada voice. I've nothing against Acheson himself, but he just didn't capture the magic of the Chaos Bringer's voice like Mr. Welles did. It sounded so off, and kinda out there when compared to Welles smoother, chiling Unicron voice. Though, whenever Acheson made Unicron yell/growl/grunt/groan/etc., he did sound very Orson-esque in his Unicron voice. But whenever he spoke as Unicron, it was a letdown. :cry: Perhaps if they had casted Lee Tocker (using his Makuta voice from the Bionicle movies) as Unicron, it may have sounded better, as Tocker's Makuta voice sounds very reminiscient of Welles' Unicron voice. And if not him, then Don Brown using his his Eternal Dragon/Shenron voice from the Ocean Group dub of Dragon Ball Z (another Welles Unicron-esque voice).
Though Orsen Welles was better than Mark Acheson, i still loved Acheson as unicron. it wasnt as welles, but it was close. and plus, as you said, welles passed, so it's not like they could have casted him.
Wing Saber

Postby Sabrblade » Sun May 23, 2010 11:26 am

Wing Saber wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

true, i forgot about that. speaking of which, why did he take it off when he was going to fight galvatron??
So that he wouldn't he fighting Galvatron as the Autobot Leader, but as an ordinary Autobot named Optimus Prime . Their fight was to be one without titles, ranks, or authority positions involved. Just one between two eternal rivals.

Wing Saber wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

are you just trying to find ways to prove me wrong?
No, I said you may be right on this one. I was just pointing out that the concept dates back further than Armada. ;)

Wing Saber wrote:well, he could somehow manage. after all they managed to in Armada. or he could try and do something like the G1 movie and give the human characters something like exo suits. (i think thats what they were called. i havent watched it in a long time cuz i have it on vcr but dont have any working vcr players anymore)
That's different, though. Armada was an animated mult-episode TV cartoon series. They can do things like Unicron in such mediums with little conflict. Live action movies, on the other hand, aren't quite so flexible.

Plus, a lot of fans fear that, if Unicron were to be in the Bay movies, that he'd be completely messed up and ruined like some of the other negatives of the first two movies, and like how Galactus was changed from a god-like humanoid into "killer space cloud" in Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer. And believe me, we do NOT want another FF:RotSS verison of Galactus. :roll: :P

Wing Saber wrote:Though Orsen Welles was better than Mark Acheson, i still loved Acheson as unicron. it wasnt as welles, but it was close. and plus, as you said, welles passed, so it's not like they could have casted him.
Which is why I listed two other voices, who sounded way closer to Welles' Unicron than Acheson did, that could have been casted. Mark Acheson, Lee Tocker, Don Brown, and all the other voice cast members of the Unicron Trilogy and Beast Era TF shows are all collectively part of a voice acting and production group called Ocean Productions, Inc.

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby PORTER » Sun May 23, 2010 11:49 am

i said jetfire twice only because i felt he got completly shafted.he wasnt old and elderly in the 80's and also he was my hero when i watched the g1 cartoon.
PORTER

Postby Wing Saber » Sun May 23, 2010 12:02 pm

PORTER wrote:i said jetfire twice only because i felt he got completly shafted.he wasnt old and elderly in the 80's and also he was my hero when i watched the g1 cartoon.

good point.
sabrblade: yeah i mentioned the whole bay messing up unicron in my first post on this topic
Wing Saber

Postby Sabrblade » Sun May 23, 2010 12:02 pm

PORTER wrote:i said jetfire twice only because i felt he got completly shafted.he wasnt old and elderly in the 80's and also he was my hero when i watched the g1 cartoon.
Different Jetfire (or "Skyfire" in the G1 cartoon)

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby PORTER » Sun May 23, 2010 12:08 pm

skyfire, the name switching is very annoying
PORTER

Postby Wing Saber » Sun May 23, 2010 12:45 pm

PORTER wrote:skyfire, the name switching is very annoying
I prefer Armada jetfire to G1. I hate how G1 skyfire just dissapears for a while then randomley comes back in
Wing Saber

Next

Return to Transformers - General Discussion