Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

Transformers 3 Revelations

TF1, ROTF, DOTM

Transofmers 3 Info. (SPOILERS)

Postby CYLON (13) » Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:35 am

From /Film's site. THESE ARE SPOILERS PEOPLE:

Are You Sure?

- Final confirmation that movie will be released in 3D. No word on if it will be shot in 3D or converted in post. Knowing Bay’s obsession with film, I’m assuming he agreed on a post process.

- The villain in Transformers 3 is “Shockwave, the robot cyclops-turned-laser-cannon, who became dictator of their home world of Cybertron after the other Autobots and Decepticons journeyed to Earth.” Makes sense.
Bay claims “One thing we’re getting rid of is what I call the dorky comedy” adding the The Twins are “basically gone” but comic relief John Turturro returns. Bay’s “basically gone” comment seems to confirm that they have a short appearance in the film.

- In the new film Sam Witwicky is “taking his first tenuous steps into adulthood while remaining a reluctant human ally of Optimus Prime. “Shia has this great line: ‘You know, I’ve saved the world twice, but I can’t get a job.’” Okay, so Transformers is never gonna get a screenplay nomination at the Academy Awards.

- The plot also “delves into the space race between the U.S.S.R. and the USA, suggesting there was a hidden Transformers role in it all that remains one of the planet’s most dangerous secrets. “The movie is more of a mystery,” Bay says. “It ties in what we know as history growing up as kids with what really happened.”

- Transformers 3 is the end of a trilogy. Bay says “As a trilogy, it really ends. It could be rebooted again, but I think it has a really killer ending.” It basically sounds like Bay is done with the series, and the ending of the movie is a finale of sorts.

- The film also features a set “built to resemble a dilapidated nuclear reactor.”

Source
"I will move away from here, you wont be afraid of fear" Nirvana
CYLON (13)

Re: Transofmers 3 Info. (SPOILERS)

Postby Camaroguy10 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:17 am

Great news. I also heard that Shia misses working with Megan Fox. Sure, I'm not her biggest fan, but Rosie is a step down. She's a model, not an actress! No real acting experience. They should have used Gemma Arterton. She would be a step up. What are your thoughts?

Best regards! :D
Camaroguy10

Transformers 3 Revelations

Postby perceptor » Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:47 am

Exciting news about next summer's TF3 posted in a USA Today article:

* Will be in 3D!

* Intended as an end of a trilogy. "As a trilogy, it really ends," he says. "It could be rebooted again, but I think it has a really killer ending."

* The twins (Skids/Mudflap) "are basically gone..." said Bay, "One thing we're getting rid of is what I call the dorky comedy."

* Big new villain: Shockwave: "the robot cyclops-turned-laser-cannon, who became dictator of their home world of Cybertron after the other Autobots and Decepticons journeyed to Earth."

* Unlike scenarios in the first 2 films with Optimus Prime, Megatron and Sam, producers pledge that characters who die will "stay dead."

* The plot revolves around the "space race between the U.S.S.R. and the USA, suggesting there was a hidden Transformers role in it all that remains one of the planet's most dangerous secrets. It ties in what we know as history growing up as kids with what really happened."

* John Turturro returns.

Some of this news, I love. Some of it, not so much. What do you think?
Perceptor's thirst for knowledge is unquenchable. He will seek it to the exclusion of all else.<br>
perceptor
Site Admin

Re: Transformers 3 Revelations

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:44 pm

*merged duplicate topics*

Also, in regards to the twins being gone, we previously saw them in new black color schemes, so I'll believe this when I see it. :roll:
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Wing Saber » Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:40 pm

Shockwave is gunna be a beast
Wing Saber

Postby overhaul » Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:55 pm

My thoughts:

-3D
Hey, why not??? I'd love to see the bots' duking it out in 3D. Really, who would be against this?

-ending of a trillogy
Usually, I'm in favor of having only a few movies made of a series. Give it a definitive beginning (not hard), middle, and concluding end.
But with Transformers, there's such a rich history of characters and events that could be explored. What about ancient Cybertron? Maybe finding a Cybertronian ship? Learning more about the Primes?
Personally, I'd like to see more movies, but done right.

-the twins "basically gone"
I didn't love Skids and Mudflap, but I didn't hate them either. But it sounds like Tank from the first Matrix: he was there at the end of the first film, but somehow died before the second began.

-New villain: Shockwave.
I'm a Shockwave fan, although more of the Shockwave from the various comic universes. The one who loyally followed Megatron until his logic dictated that Megatrons' vision was unatainable because Megatron was hindered by emotion.
So if they do Shockwave right, than I'm all for it. But I'm just remembering wht they did to the Fallen. In the Dreamwave universe, the Fallen was a cool character. Then Bay mangled him, and what we get is, well, the character in the second film.

-Characters will stay dead
Good. What's the point of killing characters if they come back? Megatron should have just gone into stasis lock at the end of the first film, and Optimus into something similar.
I can forgive them doing it maybe once (although even then it might be a little cheap since they did it in the previous comics/cartoons).

-The plot revolves around the "space race"
I reserve judgement on that. Could be great, could be terrible.

-John Turturro returns
You guys may hate me for this one: but I'd rather have John come back than Megan. I didn't hate Megan (but I don't love her either), but I feel the Simmons character has more potential.
Yes, he was annoying in the first film, but he did redeem himself in the second (NOT by wearing a speedo though...). He went from being the annoying stupid guy who makes all the wrong calls when dealing with a situation to the still maybe a bit annoying, kind of stupid guy who starts helping out the heroes, even playing a pivotal part in the final act of the film (in a way, you could say he took out Devestator). Maybe the character will just get better with 3.
As for Megan...
I wasn't crazy about Mikaela. I just wasn't. I'm not sure I can even envision her and Sam going off and getting married and all.
I guess all in all, she (as someone already said I think) seems more like part of Sams' character, and less of her own.
As for her "replacement", I guess it's a gamble. I think picking a model is certainly not the wisest of choices. They would have done far better to pick a credited actress.
I'm just hoping against hope that Rosie will take us by surprise.

That's my 2 cents. Or maybe 14. Feel free to disagree or agree as you see fit.
overhaul

Postby megatron » Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:08 am

Wow its about time bay says something I might believe. a possible reboot but very good ending. I hope they keep the name shockwave and not change it to shockblast. Now all we need is a leaked image of the character.
megatron

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:20 am

megatron wrote:I hope they keep the name shockwave and not change it to shockblast.
They won't do that. The only reason they did it before was because they lost the name "Shockwave" back then. They have since regained the name and have used it accordingly.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Apoclatron/Genestron » Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:42 pm

at last now knowing shockwave is in the 3rd movie theyll make a figure kinda took long enough 2 considering ive been waiting for one since playing the psp version of the game wonder if he'll be a triple changer
Apoclatron/Genestron

Postby lioconvoy » Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:03 am

i'm interested to know what mode he will have. perhaps a tripple changer like the game but i dout it.
i'm guessing his mode will be cybertronian perhaps a tank?

i hope his figure is leader size. there isn't much they can do with optimus or megatron now.
lioconvoy

Next

Return to Transformers - Movie Discussion