Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

Transformers Prime, paperback graphic novel

TF:Prime, Animated, Beast Wars, G1, you name it!

Transformers Prime, paperback graphic novel

Postby perceptor » Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:21 pm

Amazon.com has put up a pre-order page for the Transformers: Prime paperback graphic novel, including an image of the cover. The image features a movie-esque logo, an "animated-movie-verse" Bumblebee and a G1-style background. Inquiring minds want to know: Does this glimpse of Transformers future excite or scare you?
Perceptor's thirst for knowledge is unquenchable. He will seek it to the exclusion of all else.<br>
perceptor
Site Admin

Re: Transformers Prime, paperback graphic novel

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:34 pm

Short answer: Yes! Very much so.

I'm liking the G1-esque background homage.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby perceptor » Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:46 pm

Yes, very much so: excite?

I have to admit, the cartoony-version of movie-verse bumblebee, combined with it being the writers of the live movies... combined with the other bit of info that this book is about them not having a leader... looking for a "Prime."

It's hard for me to imagine this TF:Prime universe fitting into any previous continuity.

It can't be movie continuity if Optimus isn't Prime yet. Well, unless they totally disregard the prequel comics.

It's hard to imagine that Kurtzman/Orci know or care much about G1 continuity. Sure they're great movie and TV show writers. But do they actually know much of anything about Transformers?

I have to admit, at the moment, I'm more scared than excited. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying "I don't or won't like it..." I'm just saying there is a lot that worries me.
Perceptor's thirst for knowledge is unquenchable. He will seek it to the exclusion of all else.<br>
perceptor
Site Admin

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:17 pm

perceptor wrote:Yes, very much so: excite?
"Excite" yes. Didn't see the "scare" part.

Perceptor wrote:I have to admit, at the moment, I'm more scared than excited. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying "I don't or won't like it..." I'm just saying there is a lot that worries me.
If your worried that it can't into "single universe" idea, I wouldn't worry too much. As, I seem to recall you once stating that RiD didn't fit, so this could be like that. ;)

However, if it's the show's quality that has you concerned, then never fear, my friend. Just think about this: Could it really be any worse than the Energon cartoon? :lol:

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Wing Saber » Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:31 pm

Sabrblade wrote:However, if it's the show's quality that has you concerned, then never fear, my friend. Just think about this: Could it really be any worse than the Energon cartoon? :lol:

haha true it dosen't get much worse than that :lol:
Wing Saber

Postby lioconvoy » Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:10 am

i reserve judgment on the idea untill i see the series.
perhaps it will bee yet another reboot or perhaps it is a spin off of the movie that tramples all previously stated information we have about the continuity.

best case sinario it's better than bw and animated put together.
worse case sinario it's a new continuity that gives new caricters, plot and things to think about.

i am liking the info we know that they are still looking for a leader though. perhaps optimus isn't a main caricter or perhaps he is but hasn't aquired his tital as of yet.
i for one look forward to findingout

wingsaber how shocked am i lol
you slandered a part of the unicron trilogy lol

how much better energon could have been but sigh
lioconvoy

Postby Wing Saber » Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:45 pm

lioconvoy wrote:i reserve judgment on the idea untill i see the series.
perhaps it will bee yet another reboot or perhaps it is a spin off of the movie that tramples all previously stated information we have about the continuity.

best case sinario it's better than bw and animated put together.
worse case sinario it's a new continuity that gives new caricters, plot and things to think about.

i am liking the info we know that they are still looking for a leader though. perhaps optimus isn't a main caricter or perhaps he is but hasn't aquired his tital as of yet.
i for one look forward to findingout

wingsaber how shocked am i lol
you slandered a part of the unicron trilogy lol

how much better energon could have been but sigh

haha i said i like the unicron trilogy all together not energon
Wing Saber

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:35 pm

lioconvoy wrote:worse case sinario it's a new continuity that gives new caricters, plot and things to think about.
How is this a bad thing? I've seen numerous examples that are far worse than a series being a reboot.

Besides, many TF reboots have ben pretty strong series. Animated, in particular, turned out to be very positive. And IMO, RiD was very enjoyable. Not to mention that Armada, while not featuring the same quality as others, was highly successful with its target audience.

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby perceptor » Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:27 pm

Perceptor wrote:However, if it's the show's quality that has you concerned, then never fear, my friend. Just think about this: Could it really be any worse than the Energon cartoon? :lol:

Yeah, but my standards are high now. Much, MUCH higher than they were in 2004 when all I dared wish for is that it be better than TF:Armada. Today, the measuring stick is Transformers Animated. I want my shows to:
a.) be considered (easily imagined) as part of existing Transformers continuity
b.) have TF/robot characters depth and personality.
c.) be recognizable as the respective characters they are. That is, Bumblebee looking like movie bumblebee is fine, but if it's not in the films, then I want these characters to be newly imagined homages to their original TF personas (again, just like TF: Animated...)
d.) I would prefer that the series go more than 12 months before needing to be 'RE-invented' AGAIN.

In other words, I just want TF: Animated to keep on going.
perceptor
Site Admin

Postby Wing Saber » Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:37 pm

I would prefer a new continuaty
Wing Saber

Next

Return to Transformers - Cartoon Discussion