Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

Improved Transformers Packaging 'Feature'

Want to join the Unicron.com news team? Just want to help out? If you find some Transformers news or rumors out there that you'd like to see up on Unicron.com, post them in here. Please credit/link to an original source, even if you found it on another Transformers site. We might just move your post to the Front Page News forum!

Improved Transformers Packaging 'Feature'

Postby perceptor » Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:36 am

Here's something to cheer about! It appears that Hasbro has heeded fan's request and got rid of those god awful, nail-ripping, finger-hurting, plastic coated metal twist-ties! New toys are now packaged with scissor friendly twist-ties made of (it's basically) twisted up tissue paper. They're soft, easier to undo (or cut), gentler on the fingers and more environmentally friendly. Hurray Hasbro!

Incidentally, this new 'feature' was observed on the new War for Cybertron Bumblebee and Optimus Prime, which we were provided at a recent fan-media event. Along with the accompanying novel and game itself... we'll provide more info on all these items once the 'embargo' has been lifted!

We are awaiting confirmation that those nasty twist ties are gone for good on all future Transformers packaging...
Perceptor's thirst for knowledge is unquenchable. He will seek it to the exclusion of all else.<br>
perceptor
Site Admin

Re: Improved Transformers Packaging 'Feature'

Postby DocWho » Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:40 am

I think the ROTF BB/Soundwave 2-pack were the first to use that material, actually.

Polenicus wrote:Unicron.com are my HEROES.

Follow me on Twitter
DocWho

Postby perceptor » Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:25 am

Oh, I didn't get that toy, so I missed it. But dang yeah. It's way better. Glad to see the change. K
Perceptor's thirst for knowledge is unquenchable. He will seek it to the exclusion of all else.<br>
perceptor
Site Admin

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:18 pm

Moved to the News section as this is very news-worthy.

I hope this becomes a constant in their packaging from now on and not just be a temporary or limited practice.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby skywarp408 » Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:51 pm

Why don't they just do what they did in G1 and vacuum seal them. No need for twist ties at all unless the figs heavy. Most of mine are still sealed.
skywarp408

Postby lioconvoy » Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:42 am

the nest battle pack (bumblebee and soundwave) was the furst sett of figures with the tissue ties.
i do hope however they keep to this stile or better yet, what skywarp suggested.
japan still simply vacuum seel the figures so it wouldn't be hard for hasbro to do the same. i'm sure it would workout cheeper also.
well that is unless a figure is leader or supreme/combiner class when i could understand the need for ties
lioconvoy

Postby cheetorr2 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:28 am

They used to make the twist ties so some adults couldn't get them off. I'm glad they're going with this method instead. :mrgreen:
cheetorr2

Postby PORTER » Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:39 pm

i hope these will be the new ties
i remember asking my dad to open a beast wars inferno on christmas the year it came out
it took 15 minutes for my dad to get all the twist ties out

now we can just go like snip,snip,snip with some scissors and my cybertronian optimus prime is out in 2 minutes.
a new record :D
PORTER

Return to News & Rumors