Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

Best Transformer

Can't find a category for your topic? Post your Transformers General Discussions here!

Best Transformer

Postby Wing Saber » Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:13 pm

which of these 21 transformers is better, in both show/movie, comics, and toy? and which is the best for each series/movie?
G1 Jazz
G1 Soundwave
BW Dinobot
BW Tigatron
BW Waspinator
Armada Blurr
Armada Starscream
Armada Wheeljack
Armada Tidal Wave
Armada Nemesis Prime
Armada Sideways
Energon Scorponok
Cybertron Snarl
Cyberton Wing Saber
Cybertron Undermine
Cybertron Sideways
Cybertron Soundwave
Movie Jazz
Movie Blackout
ROTF Sideswipe
ROTF Ravage
Wing Saber

Re: Best Transformer

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:54 pm

Well... this sure is random. :P Why just of those particular 21?
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby lioconvoy » Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:26 pm

random but hear's a pop at it lol

G1 Jaz is pritty cool but not quite as fleshed out as the others. but then again g1 was all about the figures.
G1 Soundwave is a pritty cool caricter. i like the caricter and his figure was amazing for the time. he has a pritty cool psychic ability as well. i would say he is the best g1 all around.
BW Dinobot is just grate all around but his universe figure is much better than his bw. his honor and struggle was a good theme and well prosented. without a dout the best caricter in bw.
BW Tigatron is my second fave caricter in bw. he wasn't as prominant as some of the other caricters, but his easy going atitude and love of nature was a perfect caricter for the tiger. his figure is pritty cool as well. in my oppinion, much better than cheetor who the mold is shaired with.
BW Waspinator, well comic relief and an incomptitant soldier. he is without a dout one of the most hilarious caricters in existance.
Armada Blurr is pritty cool and i liked his figure. he waas cold, brooding and dark, the kind of caricter that you don't like but you like that you don't like him.
Armada Starscream had his moments but his figure was pritty sucky. the wing sword was pritty cool though. his death was pritty gripping.
Armada Wheeljack i didn't think that much of. a pritty cucky caricter.
Armada Tidal Wave was cool. his figure is dominating and powerful, a perfect portrayal of his cartoon encarnation.
Armada Nemesis Prime and Armada Sideways were both cool caricters but both pawns of unicron. both figures were good but i would have to say that sideways has the best figure for the desepticons.
Energon Scorponok was ok but didn't reach grate hights for me. he could have been mor but his figure is pritty fun.
Cybertron Snarl is an ok caricter. not that grate in personality or figure but ok for what he was.
Cyberton Wing Saber, i didn't like him originally but the figure grew on me. the best or close to in the cybertron line.
Cybertron Undermine wasn't that well fleshed out.
Cybertron Sideways is in hasbro's eyes just armarda sideways but his figure was pritty cool with his faction gimic. also his voice grated on me whilst waching the series.
Cybertron Soundwave is cool. didn't get enough air time in my oppinion.
Movie Jazz rocks. people arn't fond of the figure's arms but they wern't that bad. the caricter in the film wasn't that good but did his duty and what a cool death.
Movie Blackout was cool. generic but cool. that's about it on that note.
ROTF Sideswipe rocks full stop. he needed mor air time in the film and his figure is a masterpiece. those swords rock. he is one of the top in the line for me.
ROTF Ravage was ok but not fantastic, his figure is ok but his alt mode is just folded up ravage. pritty sucky in truth.

if i had to pick from the list though it would be a three way tie between dinobot, sideswipe and g1 soundwave.
lioconvoy

Postby DocWho » Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:23 am

Depends. Is this from an objective standpoint, or a personal opinion standpoint?

Polenicus wrote:Unicron.com are my HEROES.

Follow me on Twitter
DocWho

Postby Wing Saber » Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:19 pm

DocWho wrote:Depends. Is this from an objective standpoint, or a personal opinion standpoint?
both

Sabrblade wrote:Well... this sure is random. :P Why just of those particular 21?

very well, out of all transformers.
Wing Saber

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:20 am

Wing Saber wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Well... this sure is random. :P Why just of those particular 21?

very well, out of all transformers.
Well, that certainly complicates things further. Since, there are literally thousands and thousands upon thousands of characters throughout the Transformers franchise, varying from all toy and fiction appearances. To simply pick out the very best one is a task is of a tediously nigh-impossibility.

However, speaking only from a toy standpoint, I could point you in the direction of something that you (and everyone here) may find interesting. The Top 25 Transformers of All Time (from Seibertron.com)

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Wing Saber » Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:38 pm

I have narrowed it down to 5 instead of 21.
G1 Soundwave
BW Waspinator
Armada Starscream
Armada/cybertron Sideways
Cybertron Soundwave
Wing Saber

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:23 am

Wing Saber wrote:I have narrowed it down to 5 instead of 21.
G1 Soundwave
BW Waspinator
Armada Starscream
Cybertron Soundwave
Again, why these particular ones? I'm not saying that these are bad choices. I am simply curious as to how and why you've selected the characters that you have selected for us to choose from because they seem so random and unrelated to anything. If there is relavance to these certain ones, please says so cuz I'm frankly in the dark about this. :| :?:

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Wing Saber » Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:19 am

Sabrblade wrote:
Wing Saber wrote:I have narrowed it down to 5 instead of 21.
G1 Soundwave
BW Waspinator
Armada Starscream
Cybertron Soundwave
Again, why these particular ones? I'm not saying that these are bad choices. I am simply curious as to how and why you've selected the characters that you have selected for us to choose from because they seem so random and unrelated to anything. If there is relavance to these certain ones, please says so cuz I'm frankly in the dark about this. :| :?:
because I am deciding on a favorite transformer and these are the selections from series I have seen at least 10 episodes of (or in 2 cases, the movie ), and I am
interested in the opinions of others here at unicron.com, most of who know more about Transformers than I do
Wing Saber

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:46 am

Well, from the original 21 list I probably would have selected Dinobot as far as characters go. From this list though, it's harder. Either Waspy or Armada Sideways maybe (not Cybertron Sideways, though. He was too loony :lol:).

In regards to toys though, I dunno. Most of them all had figures of varying quality and playability. But like I mentioned before, the best ones are probably in that "top 25" list I linked too above (ya gotta admit, Masterpiece Convoy, especially with his trailer, is just epic!).

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Next

Return to Transformers - General Discussion