Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

Favorite Transformer?

Can't find a category for your topic? Post your Transformers General Discussions here!

Favorite Transformer?

Postby OptimusPhillip » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:39 am

Just a thread where people can share who their personal favorite Transformer is and why.

Mine is Hot Rod/Rodimus Prime. My reasons would probably be I like his color scheme, his car mode, and his personality and character arc. It also helped out when I learned that Judd Nelson came from Maine, like me.

Feel free to respond with your favorites.
Check me out on YouTube! I'm primarily a toy reviewer, but don't be surprised when a movie review or any other random video crops up.
https://www.youtube.com/user/OptimusPhillip
OptimusPhillip

Re: Favorite Transformer?

Postby Wing Saber » Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:18 pm

That's a good question. I really like Cybertron Sideways. He reminds me of Deadpool.
Wing Saber

Postby cyberwuss » Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:09 pm

For me it depends on the series or movie:

G1-Optimus
BW-Rattrap
Cybertron-Starscream
Energon-Megatron and Rodimus.
Animated-Megatron
Prime-Optimus, but almost Megatron
WFC/FOC Video games-Megatron and Warpath
Live Action:
Optimus

G1 movie after Optimus passes away: Hot Rod/Rodimus.
The coward desires revenge but being afraid to die, he looks to others, maybe to the government of the day, to do the work of defense for him.
cyberwuss

Postby ironrod prime » Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:48 pm

Hot rod and ironhide hands down

Hey ladies been awhile :P
ironrod prime

Postby Agent X » Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:07 pm

Hot Rod/Rodimus Prime
Immaturity is shown by not trying to understand others, but by judging others.
Agent X

Postby lgarner » Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:26 pm

I guess I am a fuddy dud because my favorite is Bumblebee. I think it's cool that he was originally a VW Beetle. I have not been able to find an action figure of him in this design.

Just last week I pre-ordered a Bumblebee collectible figure based on his design. It has 62 moving parts and is very detailed. I can't wait to get it. I found it at http://alteregocomics.com and I think it is shipping sometime next month.
lgarner

Postby Unicron fan » Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:37 pm

Do you need to ask? :P

Anyway, in case it's not obvious; My favorite Transformer is the Chaos Bringer Unicron. :D
Unicron fan

Postby lgarner » Mon Sep 21, 2015 1:03 pm

Unicron fan wrote:Do you need to ask? :P

Anyway, in case it's not obvious; My favorite Transformer is the Chaos Bringer Unicron. :D

I do not know much about Unicron other than he transforms to a planet, which I do not fully understand how he can be that big. Can you provide a little more back story?
lgarner

Postby Unicron fan » Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:52 pm

lgarner wrote:
Unicron fan wrote:Do you need to ask? :P

I do not know much about Unicron other than he transforms to a planet, which I do not fully understand how he can be that big. Can you provide a little more back story?

Ok, let's see. Somewhat sleepy right now as it's late here, but I'll do my best. :)

First of, even though Unicron is a Transformer, he is not a Cybertronian as he predates Cybertron. :)

Well, he was created by The One before the dawn of time alongside his younger brother Primus. Unicron wants to destroy all of existence as he hates it, and Primus does what he can to protect the universe from his brother.
The first time they fought, the energies released almost destroyed the universe, so Primus shifted the battle to the astral plane. But even there he was loosing towards Unicron, so he shifted the battle back to the physical plane, laying a trap for Unicron. The trap was that they were both sealed in planetoids, so Primus sacrificed his freedom to imprison Unicron.
This worked for millions of years until Unicron learned how to shape his prison into a mechanical planet and further to a robot-version of himself, becoming the first Transformer. Primus knew about this thanks to a mental link they shared, so he modified his prison into the planet we now know as Cybertron. But instead of taking the transforming ability for himself and repeat the previous battle (though the show Cybertron showed that Primus at some point took the transforming abilities as well), Primus created the Cybertronian race, starting with the original Thirteen, in the image of Unicron's transformation abilities.

The Thirteen, powered with the power of Primus, managed to defeat Unicron and The Fallen (one of the Thirteen that betrayed the others and joined Unicron's side). But later both of them returned.

The only thing that Unicron fears is Primus's essence, contained inside the Matrix. To a being of chaos and uncreation, this font of life is a poison.

Anyway; Unicron is a planet-eater that eats to destroy what which he hates, and he is the source of evil and chaos, thus why he is called the Chaos Bringer. He also happens to have an endless hunger, and despite what many people thinks, he also eats rock planets (Lithone, the first planet we see him eat, was a rock planet), stars and the fabric of existence. He is also, alongside his brother, part of the balance that keeps the multiverse existing. If one of them dies, so does the multiverse. Also, Unicron has destroyed about 1/4 of the entire multiverse. And both he and his brother are Multiversal Singularities.

Yes, I happen to be fascinated by bad guys. :P

Link to more info about him: http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Unicron
And I think this link may explain better than me. :P

Edit: And if you want a few more examples of what powers he has, here is some; He got firebreath, eyelasers, the ability to mind-control and mind-torture his servants to keep them in check. He also can reformate anyone he wants plus revive the dead, among other things.
Unicron fan

Postby starry* *night » Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:52 am

My favorite overall really has to be Soundwave [but almost or fully equal is Energon Slugslinger]
i love how he(S-W) looks
and i like his character in the one vintage comic excerpt i posted long back
'soundwave considers'
also
basically i sort of want every toy of him that exists

but there are many that are close for my favorite
like esp G1 Mirage

also Opt and Bumblebee (G1 also)
[forgot G1 Onslaught earlier - does a cooler toy exist?]

and i CAN'T forget that beautiful fan designed fox i put up before
he is the third tie for my no.1 favorite

i think i may hang around here a bit on and around holidays because i like it here
and i still have a few netfriends i need to e-mail with so i can do that at the same time
Don't change any of those front doors.
starry* *night

Next

Return to Transformers - General Discussion