Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

TF:Prime, Animated, Beast Wars, G1, you name it!

Re: Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby Wing Saber » Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:09 am

Sabrblade wrote:And Soundwave's altmode is very wide. His wingspand would certainly be crippled as a Scout class. Not to mention his Deployer gimmick wouldn't function as good (or even exist at all) at that size.

true I hadn't considered the altmode or deployer gimmick
Wing Saber

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:24 pm

Plus, he's roughly the same height as Starscream.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Wing Saber » Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:35 pm

Sabrblade wrote:Plus, he's roughly the same height as Starscream.

Perhaps they could make an Ultra class like they did in Cybertron, which is between Voyager and Leader?
Wing Saber

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:30 pm

Wing Saber wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Plus, he's roughly the same height as Starscream.

Perhaps they could make an Ultra class like they did in Cybertron, which is between Voyager and Leader?
Er, maybe. Ultra class seems to be going out of style lately, with the focus being mostly on Deluxe/Voyager/Leader with some Scouts and Legends here and there.

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Wing Saber » Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:39 pm

Sabrblade wrote:Er, maybe. Ultra class seems to be going out of style lately, with the focus being mostly on Deluxe/Voyager/Leader with some Scouts and Legends here and there.

personally I think the Legends class are a waste of time. I dont know what everybody else's opinion is, but I think they're annoying
Wing Saber

Postby H Falcon » Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:42 pm

Why would Arcee be a scout class? They had Arcee in ROTF line and she was Deluxe. She could be like Black Arachnia was in Animated. Smaller but still Deluxe. I am hoping she isn't scout as that will just have a very basic transformation and I can't see any of them getting justice if they are scout class... :cry:
H Falcon

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:31 pm

H Falcon wrote:Why would Arcee be a scout class? They had Arcee in ROTF line and she was Deluxe. She could be like Black Arachnia was in Animated. Smaller but still Deluxe. I am hoping she isn't scout as that will just have a very basic transformation and I can't see any of them getting justice if they are scout class... :cry:
Well, the reaosn I want Arcee to be either a Scout or a small Deluxe is because:
A) she is the smallest Autobot, and
B) I want her motorcycle altmode to as closest to being in scale with the other character altmodes as possible.

With all the Deluxe motorcycles out there, they wind up being huge in altmode compared to their automobile comrades. I get that she's a slight size-changer, but if there's going to be a toy of her, it should at least try to be as consistent to her show appearance in BOTH modes as possible. Make her altmode small enough, but make her Robot Mode still be tall enough to interact with the bigger bots.

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby H Falcon » Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:58 pm

Sabrblade wrote:
H Falcon wrote:Why would Arcee be a scout class? They had Arcee in ROTF line and she was Deluxe. She could be like Black Arachnia was in Animated. Smaller but still Deluxe. I am hoping she isn't scout as that will just have a very basic transformation and I can't see any of them getting justice if they are scout class... :cry:
Well, the reaosn I want Arcee to be either a Scout or a small Deluxe is because:
A) she is the smallest Autobot, and
B) I want her motorcycle altmode to as closest to being in scale with the other character altmodes as possible.

With all the Deluxe motorcycles out there, they wind up being huge in altmode compared to their automobile comrades. I get that she's a slight size-changer, but if there's going to be a toy of her, it should at least try to be as consistent to her show appearance in BOTH modes as possible. Make her altmode small enough, but make her Robot Mode still be tall enough to interact with the bigger bots.

I get what you are saying. But wouldn't you rather have a more accurate to Animation model toy version then size accuracy? I know size of the toy would be an issue but I rather have her be a deluxe (or small deluxe) then a scout. Scouts just have such basic transformations I can't see her being a scout AND being close to the animation model. Course if they do two versions then we could have both. :D

That is an interesting question for you though. What would you rather have if given a choice?

1) Deluxe Class:

Pros: Very close to Animation Model. Intermediate Transformation.
Cons: Larger Bike mode that is not in size with the other characters.

2) Scout Class:

Pros: Size accuracy to other characters.
Cons: Basic Transformation. Not at all close to the Animation Model.

I would rather choose 1. But that is me. :)
H Falcon

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:08 am

H Falcon wrote:I get what you are saying. But wouldn't you rather have a more accurate to Animation model toy version then size accuracy?
BOTH! I want show and size-accuracy together. 8-)

H Falcon wrote:2) Scout Class:

Pros: Size accuracy to other characters.
Cons: Basic Transformation. Not at all close to the Animation Model.
Not quite true. Some of the more recent new mold Scouts have had some decently intricate transformations. The Brimstone/Chopsaw mold, for example.

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Obsidian » Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:37 pm

Hey gang, We have been invited to a special Hasbro Q&A Bonus round; this time with the teams at The Hub and Hasbro Studios, to ask our ONE burning question relating to TF: Prime. Remember, this question is not being submitted to the Hasbro toy group, so only show related questions this time. We'll have to keep our laundry list of TF: Prime toy line related questions for later. So, what's your one burning question? We've got 24 hours to submit a question, so, "put your thinking cap on" and let the suggestions begin.
-Obsidian
(Unicron.com)
Obsidian
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers - Cartoon Discussion