Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

Stickformers: Collision

Can't find a category for your topic? Post your Transformers General Discussions here!

Stickformers: Collision

Postby Wing Saber » Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:16 pm

A little while back, I told you all that I was creating a comic series Stickformers: Generation 1... I never got past the first comic! BUT, now I am starting Stickformers: Collision! Unicron is dying from lack of war and hatred, so Sideways, being a dimension-hopper grabs three autobots and decepticons from the Armada and G1 universes and pits them against each other in one dimension. Later in the series more transformer from either series (or completely new ones) may join them.
Wing Saber

Re: Stickformers: Collision

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:57 pm

This sounds so familiar. In fact, it's almost the exact same story as Issue #1 of Transformers: Universe (2003) "Abduction", in which a large quantity of Autobots and Maximals from across the multiverse (G1, Beast Era, RiD, Armada, other) are snagged up by Unicron, painfully rebuilt into new corrupted bodies in the Pit, and then forced to fight each other to the death in arena-style combat. This conflict takes place within a dark dimension inside Unicron called the Cauldron.

Either your fic is based off this story, or it's a shocking (and almost unfathomable) coincidence.

The only difference here being Sideways doing the kidnapping and Unicron dying (which is actually an impossibility since he is an immortal god), instead of Unicron himself doing it. Though, instead of Sideways, four other generals of Unicron are present: Razorclaw, Reptilion, Tankor, and Obsidian. Then there's also the Cauldron Drones, who act as guards to this horrible place.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Wing Saber » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:04 pm

Wow really? Im serious I have never read that comic. the only comics I have read are Linkage and armada/energon ones that came with the toys
Wing Saber

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:18 pm

Wing Saber wrote:Wow really? Im serious I have never read that comic. the only comics I have read are Linkage and armada/energon ones that came with the toys
I haven't read it yet either (but I soon might be able to :mrgreen: ), but here's the info on the whole Universe comic. As it turns out, these were produced around the time of Armada's final arc (The Unicron Battles) and during Energon's broadcast run.

They are very Unicron-centric and deal with all kinds of characters. Though, the only Armada characters (I only say "Armada", as Energon and Cybertron hadn't yet gotten off the ground at the time) that I can spot having any involvement in this story were Smokescreen, Megatron, Red Alert (as a cameo), and the Mini-Con Firebot (also a cameo).

Though, since this dealt with all kinds of alternate-dimension versions of characters, we cannot be certain if these four were their cartoon selves, their Dreamwave comic selves, or new alternate-dimension versions of themselves.

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Wing Saber » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:27 pm

Oh well, I'll make sure not to make it like that, I'll give it a unique story in that new dimension and they wont go from dimension to dimension. So far Ive drawn the cover, and the first page which features G1 Stickformer Autobots Optimus, Wheeljack, and Warpath, G1 Stickformer Decepticons Megatron, Brawl, and Shockwave battling each other, when a vortex with tentacles grabs them all, then it shows Grimlock and soundwave standing there confused.
Wing Saber

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:33 pm

"Oh well"? I thought for sure that this story might be of interest to you, what with your liking of the Aurex cartoons (even though it's technically a Beast Era-based story).

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Wing Saber » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:34 pm

Sabrblade wrote:"Oh well"? I thought for sure that this story might be of interest to you, what with your liking of the Aurex cartoons.

Yes, it is! I was referring to it's similarity with my stickformers
Salso, can you help me? I can't decide which armada autobots and decepticons to stickformertize. So far I have Megatron and Demolishor for the Decepticons, and Optimus for the Autobots. Any suggestions?
Wing Saber

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:37 pm

Wing Saber wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:"Oh well"? I thought for sure that this story might be of interest to you, what with your liking of the Aurex cartoons.

Yes, it is! I was referring to it's similarity with my stickformers
Salso, can you help me? I can't decide which armada autobots and decepticons to stickformertize. So far I have Megatron and Demolishor for the Decepticons, and Optimus for the Autobots. Any suggestions?
Hard to say. What do these "stickformers" look like?

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Wing Saber » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:43 pm

hmm... Hard to describe... Is there any way to post pictures of a few of them on here?
Wing Saber

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:45 pm

Wing Saber wrote:hmm... Hard to describe... Is there any way to post pictures of a few of them on here?
Yes. Using either tags or the "Upload attachment" feature at the bottom of the "Post a reply" page.

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Next

Return to Transformers - General Discussion