Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

Stickformers: Collision

Can't find a category for your topic? Post your Transformers General Discussions here!

Re: Stickformers: Collision

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:14 am

Wing Saber wrote:Jetfire and tidal wave are good, but there are a few problems with Overload.
1. I dont know his personality, so he would be hard to use.
2. He's too bulky to stickformatize
3. A headmaster would be really hard to do
4. His vehicle mode is pretty much just a block
5. I need someone to counter Demolishor
For 1, why not play oof that? Make him a silent, mysterious warrior who's running gag is that he doesn't speak and everyone's confused about who he is (except Optimus, who is instead confused about why no one else knows about Overload).

For 2, well, you kinda made everyone else go on a diet (Shockwave especially :lol: ), so, why not do the same for Overload? Like, make his waist and upper-legs be sticks, and his lower-arms be thinner blocks.

For 3, maybe just overlook the whole Headmaster aspect of him. Or, you could do some kind of joke where he's just drawn headless and they're all like, "Uh oh, Overload lost his head again. :roll: ", as though it were something normal.

For 4, not if you makes it a bit more angular. Thinking about, it actually kinda reminds me of a "fish-shape" with only the tailfin only pointing up, and big nose.

For 5, Demolishor and Overload are kind the same, somewhat, design-wise. The both turn into heavily armed mobile military vehicles and both wield large shoulder armaments in robot mode. And, a gaga you could make would be Demolishor always being dissatisfied having to fight "the big Autobot," wanting to fight someone else instead.

Though, Overload didn't always remain in his Armada body. He eventually did get a new one.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Wing Saber » Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:36 pm

You know, I think I could work with that... now I just need one more Autobot...
Wing Saber

Postby Wing Saber » Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:03 pm

Now for my two latest additions...
stickformers4.jpg
Armada Overload and Cyclonus
Wing Saber

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:19 pm

You added Cyclonus? I thought you just wanted three 'Bots and three 'Cons.

Well, to counter Cyc, throw in Hot Shot. It''ll be a JaAmtastic fight! After all, "Hot Shot loves jAam." :grin:

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Wing Saber » Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:27 pm

Sabrblade wrote:You added Cyclonus? I thought you just wanted three 'Bots and three 'Cons.

Well, to counter Cyc, throw in Hot Shot. It''ll be a JaAmtastic fight! After all, "Hot Shot loves jAam." :grin:

haha jAam puns! XD gotta love em!
and yes, I decided to add a few more, to make the battles a little more interesting. Plus, Cyclonus is a great character with his craziness!
Wing Saber

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:32 pm

Wing Saber wrote:haha jAam puns! XD gotta love em!
Ah, you know of the memetic "jaAm" comic. Gotta love it. :grin:

Wing Saber wrote:and yes, I decided to add a few more, to make the battles a little more interesting. Plus, Cyclonus is a great character with his craziness!
From what little I've seen of the Japanese version of Energon (Super Link), he is 100x funnier there! :lol: (I kinda don't like him that much in the dub, but I don't consider him to be that bad of a character either).

Oh, and he was named "Sandstorm" there (then "Snowstorm" once he got rebuilt into Snow Cat).

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Wing Saber » Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:38 pm

I only know of JAam from tfwiki, but its still funny!
Ive finished my Jetfire design (It wasnt easy!) and now im working on Tidal Wave. His head is the hardest part to do!
Wing Saber

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:49 pm

Wing Saber wrote:I only know of JAam from tfwiki, but its still funny!
This is the comic it originally came from. Some guy got a hold of the first Armada pack-in comic before its release and rewrote all the speaking bubbles to make an entirely *new* story out of it.

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Wing Saber » Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:55 pm

XD hahahahahaha
Wing Saber

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:57 pm

Better or worse than the real one?

Sabrblade
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers - General Discussion