Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

Stickformers: Collision

Can't find a category for your topic? Post your Transformers General Discussions here!

Re: Stickformers: Collision

Postby Wing Saber » Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:59 pm

hmmm.... This was funnier and more random, but the real one was more action packed and made more sense... So im gonna have to say this one!
Wing Saber

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:04 pm

I agree. If only the cartoon had been like this.

Or even if only it had been more like the main comic series.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Wing Saber » Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:18 pm

Sabrblade wrote:I agree. If only the cartoon had been like this.

I think it was fine as is. Of course there were a few errors, like characters using the wrong voices, and there were some cheesy moments, like Starscream's friendship with Alexis, and maybe plotholes at some points, but what transformers series doesnt have that?
Wing Saber

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:32 pm

Wing Saber wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:I agree. If only the cartoon had been like this.

I think it was fine as is. Of course there were a few errors, like characters using the wrong voices, and there were some cheesy moments, like Starscream's friendship with Alexis, and maybe plotholes at some points, but what transformers series doesnt have that?
Yeah, but it definitely could have been better. I mean, if it weren't for the rushed animation and the poor dialogue scripting, I'd say that it would have faired better among the fandom than it did.

The two culprits I blame the most for the Armada dub's flaws are Voicebox (for their poor translations and dull scripts) and Cartoon Network (for their rushing the production team so quick that they could not touch up on much of the unfinished animation that had to be used).

Though, I do admit that the Unicron Battles arc near the end was very good. It ended the Armada cartoon so well and on a high note.

Now, many of these problems were fixed or did not even exist in the Japanese version (while it was made in Japan, it aired in America first - remember, rush job ;) ). And since most cases have the original version of an anime being the superior version over its English dub, this really has me wanting to watch that version to compare the two. However, no English subtitled of Micron Densetsu exists yet. :-(

Then there's also Dreamwave's Armada comic series, which ran for for 18 issues and was followed by an Energon comic series of 12 issues (but still had 6 more incomplete and unreleased chapters). From what I understand of this series, it was completely different from the cartoon, but used the same characters (and then some). And, it is considered to be a VERY good series. Lightyears above the cartoon even. I have yet to read it myself, but I might be able to soon. :mrgreen:

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Wing Saber » Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:56 pm

Now for the final load of starting characters
Stickformers5.jpg
Armada Jetfire and Tidal Wave
Wing Saber

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:04 am

Ever thought about watching the original language versions or reading any of the comic series?

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Wing Saber » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:06 am

Original Language Version or comic series of what?
Wing Saber

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:13 am

Wing Saber wrote:Original Language Version or comic series of what?
Armada (and Energon and Cybertron).

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Wing Saber » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:45 am

what do you mean the original language versions?
Wing Saber

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:02 am

Wing Saber wrote:what do you mean the original language versions?
Japanese. The Japanese versions were the original language version. Armada, Energon, and Cybertron are anime. Otherwise known as Micron Densetsu, Super Link, and Galaxy Force.

Sabrblade
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers - General Discussion