Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

Favorite Video Game

Non-TF related Conversations

Favorite Video Game

Postby DocWho » Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:45 pm

Any system, any year. For me, it's Time Hollow for the Nintendo DS, because it reads like an interactive book. The story is great, and it's got the perfect level of difficulty for re-plays.

You guys got a favorite game?

Polenicus wrote:Unicron.com are my HEROES.

Follow me on Twitter
DocWho

Re: Favorite Video Game

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Sep 12, 2009 6:33 pm

Hmm, this is tough.

I've played a few good fun ones in my days, and many of then I can't get enough of.

Though, one game I keep playing again and again even after having beaten it so mnay times would be Super Mario 64.

I've got the N64 version, the DS version, and two of the Wii version (two Wiis, one for each home), and all of them are great. I love all the upgraded features the DS one has.

Overall, it's such a fun classic.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Obsidian » Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:35 pm

The Ratchet and Clank series... It doesn't hurt that David Kaye plays the voice of Clank (love that voice). It's killin' me that I don't have a PS3... I'm now missing out on two installments.
-Obsidian
(Unicron.com)
Obsidian
Site Admin

Postby Lord Megatron » Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:23 pm

Obsidian wrote:The Ratchet and Clank series... It doesn't hurt that David Kaye plays the voice of Clank (love that voice). It's killin' me that I don't have a PS3... I'm now missing out on two installments.

Better make that 3 installments Jason, I just picked up "a crack in time" and I have to say, this could quite be the end of the entire series! Everything is coming together BEAUTIFULLY! Easily the best R&C game out there, and if you're a Dr. Nefarious fan I think that you'll be in for a pleasant surprise. You really should consider getting a PS3, I mean, yeah sure, it had a slow start but that's what everyone holds against it, but now it looks like the PS3 is bringing home some mondo quality bacon! I've had my 2 PS3's for about 2 years now and I must say, it's been quite an adventure!

But anyways, I'd have to say Metal Gear Solid 4 is my favorite game of all time. I mean, the game has EVERYTHING! From an in-depth, movie-esque plot line, to great gameplay, interesting characters, great voice acting and a storyline that literally puts you on the edge of your seat, MGS4 lives up to every one of my expectations. I highly recommend this game to any mech/action fan.
"He has no time for the dull roots at his feet, the buds on their roots, their promise... no time. It is the most beautiful flower in the field that he wants."
Lord Megatron

Postby CYLON (13) » Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:22 pm

I don't think I can narrow it down to just one. :lol:

I'd have to say either one of the Zelda games or one of the Star Wars Rogue Squadron games by Nintendo. I really love flight simulators, too cool.
"I will move away from here, you wont be afraid of fear" Nirvana
CYLON (13)

Postby cyberwuss » Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:11 pm

I thought I would post here since the news of TF: War for Cybertron coming out and all. Anyway I have played TONS of games so it will be hard to pick a favorite but I guess the oldest one I still play sometimes will do and it doesnt hurt that it is now free and can be played with DosBox. It is called One Must Fall 2097 and is sort of like Street Fighter or Mortal Kombat with Robots. I never bought the game on CD but have gone back and played it since its free release.

Other than that I can say pretty much anything Battletech related (Mechassault , Mechwarrior series ) is good by me. As for classic games I still play R-Type and similar games like Gradius alot.

For Xbox I liked Splinter Cell Chaos Theory for its pure quality as well as a few RPGs like Morrowind/Fable. The list I have of games I simply like alot is huge so I will cut it off there and name my favorite.

After some thinking I have decided though that if one game was to defeat OMF2097 on my favorites list it would be Mega Man X for SNES. I just dont play it as much as OMF because of its slightly lower replay value.

Recently I have started going back and playing all sorts of stuff on the hardest skill available as a kind of challenge to get the most fun out of my old games. Like I said I have tons of them so I will probably never finish them all on that setting but it is alot more fun to play on the hardest skill than it is on a lower one.

To sum up though my favorite is Mega Man X which probably means my favorite series is Mega Man (any of the platforming ones because some are pokemon like).

Maybe with the release of this new TF game next year it will change to that.
cyberwuss

Postby Robticon » Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:22 pm

Hmm... Favorite game...

Well, I'd have to say my favorite game is Okami for the PS2. It' has an awesome story, (Mostly) non-repetitive bosses, and very unique gameplay.

Well, that and Metal Gear Solid 3 by Konami and Kojima productions. :D
Robticon

Postby Wing Saber » Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:17 pm

Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 for Xbox 360
Wing Saber

Postby Mechabreaker » Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:58 pm

Spyro the Dragon. It was an instant classic from the beginning.
Mechabreaker

Postby PORTER » Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:42 pm

twisted metal 2 for psone

that was the first video game ive ever played and i still think its awesome

i remember saturday mornings trying to beat super mario 64 as a kid
and ive still have not beaten it :roll:

goldeneye on the 64 is also one of my favorites
paintball mode on it was fun :D
PORTER

Next

Return to Open Forum