Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

TMNT: Turtles Forever

Non-TF related Conversations

TMNT: Turtles Forever

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:36 pm

Last Saturday, Nov. 21, 2009, I saw what I would consider to be the greatest TMNT movie of them all: Turtles Forever.

It was the ultimate TMNT crossover special that we never thought would happen. The 2003 series and the 1987 series meet each other, as well as the Mirage Comics version being thrown into the mix. Twelve Turtles, three Shredders, one epic story.

And it was AWESOME!!!!!!!!

It was amazing! One of the most impressive Ninja Turtles stories ever!

I LOVED the interactions between the old and current Turtles. Like how Mikey was the only one who liked the old Turtles at first, but then found them to be annoying as well. Old Shredder, Krang, Bebop, and Rocksteady were perfect! Exactly like their old series selves. And the Mirage Turtles were just BEAST! I loved how Raph liked these guys and tried to be like them, only to find them to be even more hard-headed than himself.

Karai seemed to come from out of nowhere. How she found out about Ch'rell's return is beyond me. And once again her loyalty was shaky; siding with her master at first, and then betraying him later. I loved how she described the Dimension X technology as "ridiculous" and "cartoonish" compared to the Utrom technology. And it was noted by the current Turtles how the old Foot Soldiers were "exploding robots". Brilliant! :lol:

"Why is he narrating?" - referring to the Mirage Leonardo. :lol:

Though, I wished that the old April, the old Splinter, and the Mirage Shredder had gotten more screen time. They just seemed to be there only just to make an appearance.

But what was truly great was when the Shredder revealed all the TMNT of the multiverse, showing off images of the Mirage Turtles, the live action movies Turtles, the anime OVAs Turtles, and many more TMNT advertisements/posters/promotional artworks/etc. from the days gone by. Though, I think the only TMNT versions that weren't seen were the ones from the live action Next Mutation TV series (I wonder why ;)).

Not to mention the ending appearance of Kevin Eastman and Peter Laird working on the Mirage Comics was a very nice touch.

Overall, I give this movie an applause fit for the masterpiece that it is.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Re: TMNT: Turtles Forever

Postby CYLON (13) » Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:38 pm

Yeah buddy! That was a pretty cool movie. It's getting repeated over the next three Saturday mornings tool. I thought it was really cool to see Kang the evil braing from Dimension X.

The only thing missing were the Neutreenos and they're flying car. :geek: :lol:

Turtle Power!
"I will move away from here, you wont be afraid of fear" Nirvana
CYLON (13)

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:17 am

Favorite line of the movie:

"This is the lamest vehicle in the history of lame vehicles!" - 2003 Mikey, regarding the Turtle Blimp.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Agent X » Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:07 pm

cowabunga dudes
Immaturity is shown by not trying to understand others, but by judging others.
Agent X

Postby Lord Megatron » Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:05 pm

Oh god, I missed it! :o

I've been wanting to see this movie since it aired but I just haven't gotten around to watching it. I watched a bit of the beginning and got about 9 minutes in but then, youtube happened, with their ridiculous 10 minutes max uploading.

If I remember correctly, isn't Tokka and Rahzar in this movie? Which is kind of strange with them being only from the second movie and(quivers in nostalgia)Turtles in Time.
"He has no time for the dull roots at his feet, the buds on their roots, their promise... no time. It is the most beautiful flower in the field that he wants."
Lord Megatron

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:40 pm

Lord Megatron wrote:Oh god, I missed it! :o
Yeah, by three months! What took ya?

Lord Megatron wrote:I've been wanting to see this movie since it aired but I just haven't gotten around to watching it. I watched a bit of the beginning and got about 9 minutes in but then, youtube happened, with their ridiculous 10 minutes max uploading.
Well, the whole thing's on Youtube in decent quality. See it. Watch it, Love it. This, I command! :P

Lord Megatron wrote:If I remember correctly, isn't Tokka and Rahzar in this movie? Which is kind of strange with them being only from the second movie and(quivers in nostalgia)Turtles in Time.
Yeah, they make cameos in this movie. It's not much, but it's TMNT eye candy. :roll:

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby HolyGrail » Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:49 am

At the risk of bumping an olde-school topic, much like Sabrblade I cannot express just how awesome this piece of art is. The only time I've experienced such a nostalgic fan-boy riddled giggle fest was when playing War for Cybertron.

Sooooo brilliant in every aspect. Even the ridiculousness of having multiple groups of Turtles was done very well! The cameos were spot on, bit of a shame about some of the original voices (Leonardo was, odd) but otherwise A.M.A.Z.I.N.G! On first watching I thought they made the original (cartoon) TMNT a little TOO goofy. But after watching some of the original cartoons, it was well justified! And the Turtles Prime - I literally clapped my hands and cheered! :D

Matter of fact, I might just go watch it again!
HolyGrail

Postby skywarp408 » Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:14 pm

It was very awesome. :D
skywarp408

Postby Lord Megatron » Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:09 pm

Finally got around to watching it.

Holy haberdashery, that was a really cool movie! I liked how they had the bumbling 80's Shredder meeting up with the darker and more serious current Utrom Shredder. My childhood felt complete when I saw the classic purple Foot Soldiers come marching down from the Technodrome doors alongside Rocksteady and Bebop. My only complaint is that I kinda wish that they had gotten the original voice actors to return(uncle phil shredder).

I also managed to pick up these guys from a local comic/video game store!
Attachments
149022_121483704582811_100001635458916_150411_4735865_n.jpg
"He has no time for the dull roots at his feet, the buds on their roots, their promise... no time. It is the most beautiful flower in the field that he wants."
Lord Megatron

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:32 am

Lord Megatron wrote:My only complaint is that I kinda wish that they had gotten the original voice actors to return(uncle phil shredder).
We all wish that. But we know it wasn't possible. :roll:

Lord Megatron wrote:I also managed to pick up these guys from a local comic/video game store!
8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Return to Open Forum