Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

The Greatest Villains

Non-TF related Conversations

The Greatest Villains

Postby Wing Saber » Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:50 am

I'm composing a list of the greatest villains, So I need suggestions, any villains from tv shows, comic books, movies, etc...
what I have so far:
Davy Jones (Pirates of the Carribean)
Ra's Al Ghul (Batman Begins)
The Joker (every batman movie/show/comic book)
Megatron (all of them)
Unicron (armada and G1)
Starscream (cybertron)
Darth Vader (Star Wars)
Gravemind (Halo)
The Terminator (terminator)
Magneto (X-Men)
Krang (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles)
Sylar (Heroes)
Shredder (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles)
ed209 (robocop)
cain (robocop)
Bowser (Mario)
Venom (spiderman)
Last edited by Wing Saber on Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wing Saber

Re: The Greatest Villains

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:52 am

Oh, dude! We're gonna have fun with this one. 8-)

However, my mind's currently drawing a blank to some of my favorite villains (I just woke up a little while ago), so I'll have to get back to ya on this. :oops:
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby cyberwuss » Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:32 pm

krang, shredder - ninja turtles
evil green ranger, rita, goldar, lord zed, machine king, ecliptor - power rangers
ed209, cain - robocop
emperor, darth maul, count dooku, general grevious, jabba, boba fett, grand moffs - star wars
romulans, klingons, khan - star trek
mad hatter, riddler, scarecrow, bane, catwoman, killer croc, tons of others - batman
general zod, braniac, lex luthor, parasite, darkseid, metallo - superman
vile, sigma - megaman x
bowser - mario
king dedede - kirby
jafhar, gaston - disney movies
apocalypse - xmen
kingpin - daredevil
venom - spiderman
I COULD GO ON FOREVER LIKE THIS
The coward desires revenge but being afraid to die, he looks to others, maybe to the government of the day, to do the work of defense for him.
cyberwuss

Postby ironrod prime » Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:46 pm

best power rangers vilians

s1-rita repulsa
s2-lord zed
s3-master vile
s4-king mando
s5-divatox
s6-astronima
s7-scorpina
s8-queen banshira
s9-ransik
s10-master ork
s11-lother
s12-mesagog
s13-grumm
s14-imperious
s15-flurious
s16-diashi
s17-vengex
s18-deker
ironrod prime

Postby Wing Saber » Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:18 pm

Um could you all try to limit it per franchise. Otherwise there would be millions for franchises like Star Wars, Transformers, and Batman
Wing Saber

Postby ironrod prime » Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:37 pm

general greivus(starwars)
galvitron(transformers)
the borg(star treck)
miotismon(digimon)
the joker(batman)
apocalypse(x-men)
darkside(superman)
venom(spiderman)
the manderine(ironman)
zanaku(charmed)
lilyth(supernatural)
ironrod prime

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:37 pm

Wing Saber wrote:Um could you all try to limit it per franchise. Otherwise there would be millions for franchises like Star Wars, Transformers, and Batman
Where's the fun in that? A lot of series had more than one great villain. ;)

Plus, in regards to his Power Rangers villains, each series counts as its own franchise.

ironrod prime wrote:best power rangers vilians

s1-rita repulsa
s2-lord zed
s3-master vile
s4-king mando
s5-divatox
s6-astronima
s7-scorpina
s8-queen banshira
s9-ransik
s10-master ork
s11-lother
s12-mesagog
s13-grumm
s14-imperious
s15-flurious
s16-diashi
s17-vengex
s18-deker
I'm gonna have to disagree on a few of these.
  • Rita was awful. Her plans were one-dimensional, her lines of dialogue were terrible, and she never quite accomplished anything on her own.
    Scorpina, however, was probably the most competent season 1 villain. She could take on all the Rangers by herself, turn into her own giant monster form, and successfully trapped the Rangers on more than one occasion. Not to mention that, unlike Rita, her dialogue matched her lip movement. :P
  • Divatox was even worse. She was just pathetic. She wined about everything, her plans were just stupid, and she really had no business even being the Rangers' primary enemy anyway. She's just a space pirate, not some great conqueror. It's like if some petty thief tried to become the greatest criminal mastermind of all time. She was overstepping her place as a mere pirate trying to bring down the Rangers. And what makes it even worse is that, despite it took Rita and Zedd THREE YEARS to beat the Rangers, and despite that the Machine Empire (an entire empire with a vast army of its own) couldn't beat the Zeo Rangers (whose powers were said to ALWAYS be increasing over time), it was Divatox's band of lowly common thugs who ultimately defeated the Rangers. That is just insulting.
    A much better villain than Divatox form Turbo was her brother, General Havoc. Once he came into the picture, he should have taken over as the main villain. He was far more competent and calculating than his dumb sister ever was. His plans were more well thought out and his tactics were more ingenious. Why he didn't take over is beyond all comprehension (aside from the "Carranger vs. Turbo" technical differences, that is).
  • While Astronema was indeed a very good villain (in fact, In Space had wide variety of great villains), I think I'd have to say I liked Ecliptor just a little better. He had this sort of dark knight thing going for him with his own code of ethics that he abided by. He showed genuine care and concern for Astronema, viewing her as his own daughter, and even enabled her to escape to safety to the Rangers's care, knowing that she'd be safe with them even if it risked losing her and any bit of evil she had left inside herself. Of all the villains, he had the best character arc up until he (and Astronema) were given cybernetic enhancements and had their minds reworked to remove any traces of goodness and honor from within themselves. Though, in the last episode, some of his old care for Astronema resurfaced after she was mortally wounded by the Red Ranger, in spite of his cybernetic upgrades.
    Though, honorable mention goes out to Darkonda (for being such a terrifying schemer) and the Psycho Rangers (for obvious reasons). :D
  • Scorpina wasn't in Lost Galaxy, so I'm guessing you're referring to Trakeena. While she was also a very good villain, again, I'd be inclined to lean more towards Villamax instead. He never struck me as being authentically evil, but more evil out of loyalty. Like Ecliptor, he too had his own sense of honor and nobility that he stuck by, even commending his comrades for their good works when necessary. I especially liked when he saved an innocent child from danger during the finale, coming to his senses about what honor really was and how his loyalty to Trakeena had blinded him from seeing the unethical status of her agenda. His demise was sad one (though not as sad as Beast Wars Dinobot's), and it was shame to see him die the way he did. Still, he remained that better person through to the very end.
  • Of all of the Lightspeed Rescue villains, only Diabolico struck me as being interesting. Queen Bansheera was frightening, but she was a typical villain nonetheless. Now, granted, Diabolico wasn't all that interesting for the most part either... until closer to the end of the series when he turned on Bansheera after she forced him to kill Loki. While Diabolico may have had a disliking of the Rangers, he grew to hate his queen even more than them after that, and when the Rangers took notice of them, they attempted to help Diabolico on at least one occasion, and he returned the favor shortly before his own demise. However, even in death, he remained interesting, for when, during the finale, Queen Bansheera tried to pull the Red Ranger into the Shadow World with her, Diabolico's spirit appeared before them and struck Bansheera, causing her to fall to her fate in the Shadow World and allowing the other Rangers to safely pull Carter free.
  • Master Org was definitely ruthless and driven by hatred and revenge, but I kinda like Zen Aku better. His mysterious nature of being locked away for so many years and being able to control his own Dark Wild Zords made his character all the more mesmerizing. He had this air of mystique and wonder that kept us engaged in his discovering of who he was and what had happened to him in the past that turned him into the monster that he had become. Though, while the revelation of his identity was a bit predictable, it was still kinda reminiscient of some of the past series events that had similar scenarios to his reveal. So, I guess it remains consistent with the greater continuity.
  • Lothor... suuuuuuuuuucked. He was just a big joke. He never took anything seriously, his plans were no better than Divatox's, he looked absolutely ridiculous, and he was never ever intimidating. I mean, the one thing this guy had going for him was that he was an excellent fighter who had some darn good moves and skills, but not even that can save his ludicrous personality. Practically all of his screentime was one big facepalm after another.
    Zurgane, on the other hand, was the only one who actually took his job seriously. All of his plans were well thought out, seemed pretty effective, and actually put up a good opposition against the Rangers. If it weren't for his (foolish, yet admirable) loyalty to Lothor, I'd think he would have made a much much better main villain. Though, during the time that they served Lothor, the Thunder Rangers were pretty intense too. They both had some excellent fighting prowess and truly gave the Wind Rangers their greatest challenege on the long run.
  • While Imperious was an interesting villain, I'd have to choose Koragg over him instead. Like Ecliptor and Villamax, he had pretty devious yet honorable streak to his nature. Hey, he even beat down and stole the powers of the White Ranger, whom we later learn turned out to be his own wife! His character arc of when we learn of his true identity of Leanbow became only more and more fascinating as it went on. And, unlike the previous honorable villains, he actually gained full redemption and purification, keeping his powers and becoming the Wolf Warrior to boot! 8-)
  • Venjix was okay, but kinda bland. We really don't know much about him other than him being an evil computer virus who wants to take over the world because... he's... just... evil. Tenaya 7/15, however, was a bit more interesting and lot more capable. She was like Astronema if she were a saboteur, and even had a similar character arc to her. She infiltrated the Rangers' headquarters multiple times, and even came close to acquiring the Ranger Green morpher powers in her debut. Her obscured past made her all the more mysterious, and the big reveal of her connection to one of the Rangers nearer towards the end really made the plot thicken. 8-)
  • As for the rest, I pretty much agree with you. ;)

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Wing Saber » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:01 pm

Sabrblade wrote:Where's the fun in that? A lot of series had more than one great villain. ;)

Yes but I'd limit it to 5 or less per franchise, and I consider power rangers a franchise alltogether, much like each transformers series is one franchise, not a seperate one for each
Wing Saber

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:09 pm

Wing Saber wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Where's the fun in that? A lot of series had more than one great villain. ;)

Yes but I'd limit it to 5 or less per franchise, and I consider power rangers a franchise alltogether, much like each transformers series is one franchise, not a seperate one for each
What if there's a (rare) case in which a series has too many amazing villains to choose from? (not that this is likely to happen, but it still could) ;)

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby ironrod prime » Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:29 pm

oh silly me how can i forget the greatest pr vilian of all time

the evil green ranger(ritas idea btw)
ironrod prime

Next

Return to Open Forum