Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

Terra Nova discussion thread

Non-TF related Conversations

Re: Terra Nova discussion thread

Postby cyberwuss » Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:46 am

The show is starting to build momentum, with Lucas finally getting back to the future and the season finale coming up next week. Battle lines are being drawn and maybe we get to see who is behind the plan to leech the resources from Terra Nova's timeline.
The coward desires revenge but being afraid to die, he looks to others, maybe to the government of the day, to do the work of defense for him.
cyberwuss

Postby Wing Saber » Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:18 pm

cyberwuss wrote:The show is starting to build momentum, with Lucas finally getting back to the future and the season finale coming up next week. Battle lines are being drawn and maybe we get to see who is behind the plan to leech the resources from Terra Nova's timeline.

I'm loving this show! I can't wait till next week! It'll be interesting to see what happens with the 11th pilgrimage coming!
Wing Saber

Postby cyberwuss » Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:25 pm

The season finale was awesome. Lots of stuff that I won't spoil too much, but building up for a possible second season...
Also there was a pretty interesting looking trailer in the commercials for a show on fox that is going to be called "Touch" about an autistic boy who can calculate what is happening in the past, present, and future but has little way to communicate with anyone, so his dad has to figure out what is happening and save the world for him.
The coward desires revenge but being afraid to die, he looks to others, maybe to the government of the day, to do the work of defense for him.
cyberwuss

Postby ironrod prime » Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:59 pm

you guys wont like this but terra nova just ranked number 5 on yahoos worst tv shows of 2011

(5) "Terra Nova"
We're convinced that the producers of this show just had to say "Steven Spielberg" and "dinosaurs," and Fox immediately said, "Sold! We'll figure out the rest later!" (Hey, we got fooled, too; we actually included the show in our Fall TV Editors' Picks.) Well, they never did figure out the rest: "Nova" is a joyless combination of lazy sci-fi plotting ("Oh, this timeline doesn't affect any other timelines… because we said so!"), laughable casting (does anyone seriously buy that the Zac Efron lookalike came out of his TV mom's womb?), and straight-to-DVD-quality special effects. We'd compare it to a Syfy original movie, but at least those are so bad they're good. This is just plain bad.
ironrod prime

Postby CYLON (13) » Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:19 pm

That sucks. I'm still playing catch up, but have definitely enjoyed it so far.
"I will move away from here, you wont be afraid of fear" Nirvana
CYLON (13)

Postby Wing Saber » Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:49 pm

Haters gonna hate
Wing Saber

Postby cyberwuss » Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:57 pm

ironrod prime wrote:you guys wont like this but terra nova just ranked number 5 on yahoos worst tv shows of 2011

(5) "Terra Nova"
We're convinced that the producers of this show just had to say "Steven Spielberg" and "dinosaurs," and Fox immediately said, "Sold! We'll figure out the rest later!" (Hey, we got fooled, too; we actually included the show in our Fall TV Editors' Picks.) Well, they never did figure out the rest: "Nova" is a joyless combination of lazy sci-fi plotting ("Oh, this timeline doesn't affect any other timelines… because we said so!"), laughable casting (does anyone seriously buy that the Zac Efron lookalike came out of his TV mom's womb?), and straight-to-DVD-quality special effects. We'd compare it to a Syfy original movie, but at least those are so bad they're good. This is just plain bad.

http://tv.yahoo.com/blogs/yahoo-tv/best ... w--;_ylv=3

That link is their chosen "best" shows of 2011, and I know for a fact that most of them really really sucked and I would watch Terra Nova season one 100 times before watching a single episode of "Game of Thrones" for one reason: I have the book it is based on... seriously I tried to read it because I heard that the show was good through critics, and when I started reading it just went downhill so fast I haven't read past the 7th or so chapter (around page 100 of about 800) as of 2 or 3 months ago. The "intrigue" in the book is very thin and mostly just snobs acting like snobs and thinking they can get away with anything. They have so far killed children in their own royal family, been making love to their close relatives, and selling their family members for all the wrong reasons to other royal families. I don't know how to put that in spoiler quotes and I tried to make it as family friendly as I could, but that is just what "Game of Thrones" (The book) is... The snobby intrigue I mentioned has all the wit and intellectual level of Snooki from "Jersey Shore" if she was planning to kill her family members. So ya, I think I will stick with Terra Nova :p

EDIT: Also, are yahoo idiots? Didn't they notice that Jim Shannon is a white guy and know that in mixed race relations the children can come out either color or shades in between? The biggest problem they have is their attention span can't handle much over football level, or they are so busy watching all the lameo shows to review them that they don't know what is good and what is bad.

EDIT2: Don't want to go too off topic, but critics also loved "Game of Thrones" the book even though the ones praising it admitted that the characters were very one dimensional and it was barely fantasy (more of a soap opera based in the dark ages type thing than actual fantasy). Most of you know I go off on a rant about how critics are noobs whenever they do things like this. I stick to my original statements about this and they are reinforced by them placing Terra Nova on the bad list.
cyberwuss

Postby mightwork » Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:24 pm

ironrod prime wrote:(5) "Terra Nova"

Haters get up real early in the morning and they drink a bucketload of hater-ade.

As for the bit about the timeline, when the probe that first landed in Tera Nova was shown in the actual colony, wasn't it explained that they believed that Tera Nova was in the past of another dimension due to them not reveiving a signal from the probe or something along those lines.

If critics are going to criticise a show they should at least pay attention
mightwork

Postby CYLON (13) » Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:05 pm

Did you guys here the show might live on as one of Netflix's new series deals?

I hope they pick it up. That show was pretty good.
"I will move away from here, you wont be afraid of fear" Nirvana
CYLON (13)

Previous

Return to Open Forum