Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

Terra Nova discussion thread

Non-TF related Conversations

Terra Nova discussion thread

Postby Wing Saber » Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:26 pm

Well, the series premeire of Terra Nova just aired, and I must say, I am impressed. I now have a replacement for Falling Skies, as falling skies only airs during the summer.
For those of you who don't know, Terra Nova is a new sci-fi series in which the future environment is destroyed, making earth near uninhabitable. A group of people travel back to prehistoric times to a settlement called Terra Nova
Wing Saber

Re: Terra Nova discussion thread

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:34 pm

Think I saw a commercial for this. Looked interesting. Though, I don't get to watch TV much these days (what with juggling school, work, homework, and the rest of my schedule around), so I can't say if I'll get to see this or not.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby cyberwuss » Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:24 pm

I watched and the only real disappointer was that the equations were not written by aliens :<
The coward desires revenge but being afraid to die, he looks to others, maybe to the government of the day, to do the work of defense for him.
cyberwuss

Postby Wing Saber » Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:30 pm

cyberwuss wrote:I watched and the only real disappointer was that the equations were not written by aliens :<

I didn't expect aliens, nor did I want that. Aliens and dinosaurs just don't belong in the same show.
I expected there to be some ancient human life, or some other civilization.
Wing Saber

Postby mightwork » Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:31 pm

Wing Saber wrote: Aliens and dinosaurs just don't belong in the same show.

What about beast wars megatron? ;)

I've seen the ads for this and it's about to start in australia, as long as it doesn't interupt any of my usual tv viewing I'll be watching it
mightwork

Postby Wing Saber » Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:44 pm

mightwork wrote:

Not really a dinosaur, doesn't count ;)
Wing Saber

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:20 am

Wing Saber wrote:Aliens and dinosaurs just don't belong in the same show.
I guess you never saw Dino-Riders, then? ;)

To this day, it still baffles me as to how that toyline did not catch on. To quote the Nostalgia Critic,
"These were space men who take over the minds of dinosaurs and use them as weapons in their intergalactic war. (*muffled/confused stuttering*) THAT'S THE COOLEST IDEA EVER! They had a TV show too, but that never went anywhere. Why!? I mean, seriously, it's like the best combination of everything boys like! Just throw in cowboys, ninjas, pirates, and the annoying little girls for making us feel confusing emotions and it'd be perfect! Oh well, all I gotta say is, as long as Jeff Goblum has nothing to do with them, these dinosaurs are awesome! " :P
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby mightwork » Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:42 pm

Saw the first episode last night and I must say I enjoyed it. So Terra Nova isn't in the past, it's in the past of parallel dimension? That's what it sounded like when they talked about the probe. I'll deffinatley be watching this series
mightwork

Postby ironrod prime » Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:24 pm

mightwork wrote:

or magmatron, dinobot, grimlock, snarl, slag, sludge, swoop, thrustor, giladart, and dinobot 2
ironrod prime

Postby CYLON (13) » Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:47 pm

I've been watching this show, I like it.

It's also produced by Steven Spielberg (Falling Skies).

The last episode seemed to move a little slow, it was still cool though.

It reminds me a bit of Lost (not as awesome, btw - then again few things are :P ) which is what's really grabbing me. I hope they make an ARG for it!
"I will move away from here, you wont be afraid of fear" Nirvana
CYLON (13)

Next

Return to Open Forum