Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

Star Wars is the best series ever!

Non-TF related Conversations

Re: Star Wars is the best series ever!

Postby cyberwuss » Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:09 pm

Just a few thoughts, first off I mostly read the books but have seen most of the movies, all except for revenge of the sith, but have read the book of that. As far as the entire books and movies thing, I don't get into the toys and other stuff, just the books mostly (not even the comics) but I do get into the video games, they are great. Anyway, if you go by the movies my opinion is that Original Trilogy was better until ROTJ, where the Ewoks started making it "too kiddy" like the prequels. For some reason it isn't so silly in the books. Now the other problem with Original Trilogy is Luke Skywalker becomes like Bumblebee in Bayformers where everything is about him all of a sudden in anything relating to OT media. As far as the books though they are all on par pretty much with each other except for a few books like the one about the zombie stormtroopers :p
The coward desires revenge but being afraid to die, he looks to others, maybe to the government of the day, to do the work of defense for him.
cyberwuss

Postby Agent X » Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:14 pm

I have to agree teh books are better than the movies.

So what is yoiur favorite books wout of the ones you've read?
Immaturity is shown by not trying to understand others, but by judging others.
Agent X

Postby cyberwuss » Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:01 pm

Agent X wrote:I have to agree teh books are better than the movies.

My favorite are probably the ones with the old republic sith on korriban, like the adaptations for some of the old republic video games and the darth bane books.
Out of the movie adaptations, probably liked revenge of the sith the best, then empire strikes back and return of the jedi.
I also like stuff that focuses on Mara Jade, probably my favorite with her is Allegiance.
I enjoyed Karen Traviss Republic Commando books except for the end of the last one about order 66 where Skirata went nuts and started killing all the jedi kids in a rage because some of his guys were killed - the rest of those were pretty good though, mainly didn't like that part because Skirata was unknowingly helping the empire exterminate the jedi.
The collections of short stories are good like "Tales from Jabba's Palace" and that sort of thing.
Other random selections are Shadows of the Empire and the "towards the end of the series" parts of the longer series, like Legacy fo the Force: Invincible was decent. That reminds me, stuff with Boba Fett is also good :>
The coward desires revenge but being afraid to die, he looks to others, maybe to the government of the day, to do the work of defense for him.
cyberwuss

Postby Wing Saber » Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:23 pm

ironrod prime wrote:theres nothing to suggest that yoda doesnt age at the same rate humans do so its perfectly logical that he is much younger when we see him in tpm then when we see him in tesb (he never appeared in anh)

Well, there is the fact that he's hundreds of years old and can still jump all over the place
Wing Saber

Postby ironrod prime » Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:18 pm

Wing Saber wrote:
ironrod prime wrote:theres nothing to suggest that yoda doesnt age at the same rate humans do so its perfectly logical that he is much younger when we see him in tpm then when we see him in tesb (he never appeared in anh)

Well, there is the fact that he's hundreds of years old and can still jump all over the place

that doesnt mean he ages slower or faster that just means he lives longer
ironrod prime

Postby Agent X » Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:04 pm

ironrod prime wrote:
Wing Saber wrote:

that doesnt mean he ages slower or faster that just means he lives longer

If humans couls live to be Yoda's age, you wouldn't see then jumpping around at 880 years old verses 900years old
Agent X

Postby Wing Saber » Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:26 pm

Agent X wrote:If humans couls live to be Yoda's age, you wouldn't see then jumpping around at 880 years old verses 900years old

My point exactly
Wing Saber

Postby CYLON (13) » Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:44 am

Agent X wrote:I have to agree teh books are better than the movies.

cyberwuss wrote:...The collections of short stories are good like "Tales from Jabba's Palace" and that sort of thing.

I liked the "Tales of..." books also! I totally forgot I had those. :lol: I may have to break 'em out soon.

I haven't read to many of the comic book series, I enjoyed the Dark Empire trilogy. It was pretty great.
"I will move away from here, you wont be afraid of fear" Nirvana
CYLON (13)

Postby Agent X » Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:59 pm

I have to say my fovorite book are :
Shadows of the Empier
Thrawn trilogy
Republic Commando series
Jedi Trial
Coruscent Nights series (4th book comes out next year)

Comic books/ graphic novels:
Clone Wars series
The Dark Times
Legacy
Agent X

Postby CYLON (13) » Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:49 pm

What's been going on in Legacy?

Maybe use SPOILER tags? :)
"I will move away from here, you wont be afraid of fear" Nirvana
CYLON (13)

PreviousNext

Return to Open Forum