Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

Star Wars is the best series ever!

Non-TF related Conversations

Re: Star Wars is the best series ever!

Postby CYLON (13) » Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:39 am

(click for close-up)
"I will move away from here, you wont be afraid of fear" Nirvana
CYLON (13)

Postby Unicron fan » Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:56 pm

CYLON (13) wrote:(click for close-up)

Nice picture, and I can see it's a crossover.

I can see the Tardis from Doctor Who, I also can see Captain Kirk, Commander Spock and Doctor Bones from Star Trek. And is that Batman with a light saber? I may have missed a few. :lol:
Unicron fan

Postby CYLON (13) » Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:13 pm

CYLON (13)

Postby Wing Saber » Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:27 pm

Unicron fan wrote: I can see the Tardis from Doctor Who, I also can see Captain Kirk, Commander Spock and Doctor Bones from Star Trek. And is that Batman with a light saber? I may have missed a few. :lol:

you missed the Wizard of Oz characters and a lego person
Wing Saber

Postby CYLON (13) » Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:14 pm

Sad news. Rest in peace, good sir! :)

Ralph McQuarrie, the legendary artist who designed such iconic Star Wars characters as Darth Vader, Chewbacca, Boba Fett, R2-D2 and C-3PO, passed away Saturday at age 82. He is survived by his wife Joan.

George Lucas commissioned McQuarrie in 1975 to illustrate several scenes from his script, bringing the director’s vision to life in conceptual paintings used to convince 20th Century Fox to fund the project.

“His genial contribution, in the form of unequaled production paintings, propelled and inspired all of the cast and crew of the original Star Wars trilogy,” Lucas said in a statement. “When words could not convey my ideas, I could always point to one of Ralph’s fabulous illustrations and say, ‘Do it like this.’”

While McQuarrie is best known for his conceptual designs for A New Hope, The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi — he’s the one who suggested Darth Vader wear a breathing apparatus — he also worked on the original Battlestar Galactica television series and such films as Close Encounters of the Third Kind, E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial and Raiders of the Lost Ark.

“His influence on design will be felt forever,” a statement on McQuarrie’s website reads. “There’s no doubt in our hearts that centuries from now amazing spaceships will soar, future cities will rise and someone, somewhere will say… ‘that looks like something Ralph McQuarrie painted.’”

Source
CYLON (13)

Postby CYLON (13) » Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:28 pm

Did anyone see the Episode I 3D release?

How about the Clone Wars show? Darth Maul made his return last Friday (gonna see it later) and is supposed to have some action scenes tonight!

Want a little SPOILER?
(highlight to read:)
He'll be around next season too!

[EDIT:]
Some dude sculpted some 'Wars characters in a needles eye! :o

CYLON (13)

Postby cyberwuss » Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:28 pm

I saw he was coming back but will have to wait to see it online. I haven't been following clone wars cg toon for a while but now might be a good time to start catching up again. Last episode I saw was "Holocron Heist" I think...
The coward desires revenge but being afraid to die, he looks to others, maybe to the government of the day, to do the work of defense for him.
cyberwuss

Postby ironrod prime » Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:48 am

well i cant say im surprized i knew he wasnt dead i remember reading a comic showing that he tries to kill luke but he eventualy is killed by obi wan
ironrod prime

Postby CYLON (13) » Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:55 pm

I remember reading he was coming back in the one of the comic books, also.

The past two episodes, holy...! Such great shows. The performances were great. The story was really cool. Too bad it was a season finale...grumble, grumble...

When Savage found D. Maul...Maul was kind of freaking me out, I must say. :lol:

cyberwuss wrote:I saw he was coming back but will have to wait to see it online. I haven't been following clone wars cg toon for a while but now might be a good time to start catching up again. Last episode I saw was "Holocron Heist" I think...

Dude, you missed about a season or so. There's been so much good stuff since then. It should be a good time for you. ;)
CYLON (13)

Postby Wing Saber » Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:53 pm

CYLON (13) wrote:
cyberwuss wrote:I saw he was coming back but will have to wait to see it online. I haven't been following clone wars cg toon for a while but now might be a good time to start catching up again. Last episode I saw was "Holocron Heist" I think...

Dude, you missed about a season or so. There's been so much good stuff since then. It should be a good time for you. ;)

I haven't watched that show since the end of the first season!!
Wing Saber

PreviousNext

Return to Open Forum