Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

Star Wars is the best series ever!

Non-TF related Conversations

Re: Star Wars is the best series ever!

Postby CYLON (13) » Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:08 pm

Why'd you guys stop watching? Was it the time slot?

I like the writing and animation, the show's be a good ride!
"I will move away from here, you wont be afraid of fear" Nirvana
CYLON (13)

Postby Wing Saber » Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:26 pm

CYLON (13) wrote:Why'd you guys stop watching? Was it the time slot?

I stopped watching because the first season was terrible

Oh, and it contradicted several already established facts. Here are some examples:
1)It was established in AotC that the clones do not have individual personalities. This show completely destroys that
2)In order to have an apprentice, you must be a Jedi Master, right? Well, In RotS, Anakin wants to be made a master. so, if he's not a master in the clone wars, how does he have an apprentice?

There are several more examples like this
Wing Saber

Postby ironrod prime » Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:02 pm

Wing Saber wrote:

Oh, and it contradicted several already established facts. Here are some examples:
1)It was established in AotC that the clones do not have individual personalities. This show completely destroys that
2)In order to have an apprentice, you must be a Jedi Master, right? Well, In RotS, Anakin wants to be made a master. so, if he's not a master in the clone wars, how does he have an apprentice?

to be fair the clone wars is based more so on the previous clone wars cartoon rather than the movies
ironrod prime

Postby Wing Saber » Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:30 pm

ironrod prime wrote:to be fair the clone wars is based more so on the previous clone wars cartoon rather than the movies

Then it's taking the thing I like about SW and crushing it. Star Wars is my single-continuity series. If I wanted a Multi-continuity series, I would watch some Transformers (Not hating on multi-continuities, just saying I get enough of it for me from Transformers.

But, I guess I'll give the show one more try (maybe). Though, If so, I'm picking up where I left off
Wing Saber

Postby ironrod prime » Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:21 pm

let me rephrse that the cgi clone wars cartoon is a continuation of the clone wars cgi movie which btw explains astoaka's pressance in the series
ironrod prime

Postby Wing Saber » Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:47 pm

ironrod prime wrote:let me rephrse that the cgi clone wars cartoon is a continuation of the clone wars cgi movie which btw explains astoaka's pressance in the series

Haven't seen that
Wing Saber

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:17 pm

Wing Saber wrote:
ironrod prime wrote:let me rephrse that the cgi clone wars cartoon is a continuation of the clone wars cgi movie which btw explains astoaka's pressance in the series

Haven't seen that
The movie is the actual first three episodes of the TV series.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby CYLON (13) » Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:04 am

No it isn't. Is it?

Yeah, I recommend you guys starting from where you left off.

There's been a bunch of great stories told. More than a couple have to do with the Clones taking center stage, but there's the inclusion of bounty hunters in later tales...there's good stuff. I say stick with it, it's really hit it's stride. Excellent.

Wing Saber wrote:...There are several more examples like this.

Oh, dude! Fill us in!
I never thought of the ones you mentioned! I'd like hear more of 'em if you can remember.
"I will move away from here, you wont be afraid of fear" Nirvana
CYLON (13)

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:05 am

CYLON (13) wrote:No it isn't. Is it?
How is it not? Anakin gets Ahsoka in the movie, and it's the start of the show's story.

And, according to Wikipedia (yes, I know what I've said about Wikipeida in the past, but this info at least has citations):
George Lucas had the idea for a film after viewing some of the completed footage of the early episodes on the big screen. Those first few episodes, originally planned for release on television, were then woven together to form the theatrical release.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby cyberwuss » Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:20 pm

Wing Saber wrote:

I simply stopped watching because I have no paid TV service, I'm all broadcast, and I didn't have time to catch up online yet heh. Currently watching too much other stuff online or dvd to catch up on this yet. As for why I quoted wing saber, I had never heard about them not having individual personalities from AotC before, as virtually every other media they act as individuals even outside of the cgi toon. I have read pretty much the whole set of republic commando novels and they had individual personalities there, and Boba Fett has pretty much always had an individual personality, even in the AotC film. For the padawan thing, I just thought you had to be a knight to have one and not a master, (Not sure about this) but he was pretty much a knight at the end of AotC wasn't he? I'm not as big on Star Wars as I am on TF, so not sure about that.

EDIT:
from wikipedia on jedi rank:
Padawan: A Youngling who successfully completes training then undergoes Padawan training under the tutelage of a Jedi Knight (or Jedi Master in some cases). These are also called "Apprentices" and "Padawan Learners". As a rite of passage and the final test before the trials to knighthood, Padawans must build their own lightsabers. In the Old Republic, Padawans usually wore a hair braid on the right side of their head which was removed with a lightsaber upon attaining knighthood. They also served as commanders in the Clone Wars. The term Padawan appears to originate in Sanskrit and can be understood as “learner," both in Sanskrit and by contemporary native speakers of Sanskrit-based languages.[1]
The coward desires revenge but being afraid to die, he looks to others, maybe to the government of the day, to do the work of defense for him.
cyberwuss

PreviousNext

Return to Open Forum