Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

Star Wars is the best series ever!

Non-TF related Conversations

Re: Star Wars is the best series ever!

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:47 pm

Wing Saber wrote:Yes, but they're adding to a movie franchise that needs no adding to.
That's exactly what every single piece of Star Wars fiction outside of the movies has been doing for decades and is still doing. Fans of the original trilogy has been craving for Episodes 7,8, and 9 for years now, and are fianlly going to get what they've been wanting.

Wing Saber wrote:On a similar note, Princess Leia is now a Disney Princess
I doubt they'd count her, since they'd have to pay royalties to use Carrie Fisher's image, which is why they didn't include Giselle in the line up since they diidn't want to pay royalties to Amy Adams.

And even if they did count her, it's not like none of them have any backbone. Adding her in makes at least six that do.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby ironrod prime » Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:10 pm

did you just say the disney prinesses have no backbone
ironrod prime

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:11 pm

ironrod prime wrote:did you just say the disney prinesses have no backbone
No I said (counting Leia) at least six of them have a backbone.

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby ironrod prime » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:01 pm

ah so out of curiosity who are the other five
ironrod prime

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:17 pm

ironrod prime wrote:ah so out of curiosity who are the other five
To avoid going too far off topic, I'll take this to PM.

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby CYLON (13) » Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:56 pm

More 'Wars? Yay! Wait...no, yeah. Yay!

This video says that Ep. VII will be an original story! Meaning the next batch of films won't be adapted from any expanded universe story lines. A little surprising. I thought the Old Republic games would be a certainty for live-action stuff. Guess not. Meh, I never played those games anyway. :lol:

The dude in the vid., says the author of George Lucas' biography got to read outlines for the films that were never made.
The author says that Ep.'s VII-IX were the most exciting out of the intended 12-episode saga, having new planets and characters. Interesting to note: there's a mention of an older Luke in Lucas' outlines...the vid. doesn't mention anything about the other characters.

Excited, yet? :D
"I will move away from here, you wont be afraid of fear" Nirvana
CYLON (13)

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:06 pm

Yeah, Lucas had alreayd plotted out what the sequel trilogy films would be about were he to have ever made them, and so these new movies will be based on those notes of his.

So, technically, even though his successor and Disney will be running the show, it's still gonna be his story, but told through a middleman. ;)

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby ironrod prime » Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:21 pm

you think cade skywalker will be in ep XII
ironrod prime

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:41 pm

ironrod prime wrote:you think cade skywalker will be in ep XII
Doubt it. In Lucas's vision of the Star Wars story, Luke never got married.

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby CYLON (13) » Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:59 am

Also, some really cool dude posted info. on how the new sequels would NOT be adapted from any expanded universe material.

Who was that masked man? :lol:
"I will move away from here, you wont be afraid of fear" Nirvana
CYLON (13)

PreviousNext

Return to Open Forum