Page 6 of 11

Re: Star Wars is the best series ever!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:45 pm
by Sabrblade
That reminds me,
Wing Saber wrote:Oh, and it contradicted several already established facts. Here are some examples:
1)It was established in AotC that the clones do not have individual personalities. This show completely destroys that
The movie never touched upon that as it didn't give focus to any of the clones. It didn't say yes or no to them having personalities, and so left it open for other media to personify them. Plus, Revenge of the Sith had Commander Cody as a distinct individual, with a name and title. If he were a generic nobody, he'd probably just have a codename or a number like "Clone-45261" or something. But he instead has a named identity and position that singles him out from the rest of the clones.

Wing Saber wrote:2)In order to have an apprentice, you must be a Jedi Master, right? Well, In RotS, Anakin wants to be made a master. so, if he's not a master in the clone wars, how does he have an apprentice?
Jedi Knights can have Padawan apprentices too. Obi-Wan was appointed the rank of Knight by Yoda at the end of The Phantom Menace when he made Anakin his Padawan. And Anakin becomes a Knight before he gets Ahsoka. The Clone Wars CGI series takes place in the middle of the first Clone Wars cartoon series that was 2D animated, in which we see Anakin get named a Knight by Yoda.

Re: Star Wars is the best series ever!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:08 pm
by Wing Saber
Sabrblade wrote:The movie never touched upon that as it didn't give focus to any of the clones. It didn't say yes or no to them having personalities, and so left it open for other media to personify them. Plus, Revenge of the Sith had Commander Cody as a distinct individual, with a name and title. If he were a generic nobody, he'd probably just have a codename or a number like "Clone-45261" or something. But he instead has a named identity and position that singles him out from the rest of the clones.


Sabrblade wrote:Jedi Knights can have Padawan apprentices too. Obi-Wan was appointed the rank of Knight by Yoda at the end of The Phantom Menace when he made Anakin his Padawan. And Anakin becomes a Knight before he gets Ahsoka. The Clone Wars CGI series takes place in the middle of the first Clone Wars cartoon series that was 2D animated, in which we see Anakin get named a Knight by Yoda.

Yeah, I'm realizing I was wrong on this one, my bad fellas!

Anyways, I've decided that I'm going to buy the movie and all previous seasons and get back into the show!

Re: Star Wars is the best series ever!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:35 pm
by Sabrblade
Wing Saber wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:The movie never touched upon that as it didn't give focus to any of the clones. It didn't say yes or no to them having personalities, and so left it open for other media to personify them. Plus, Revenge of the Sith had Commander Cody as a distinct individual, with a name and title. If he were a generic nobody, he'd probably just have a codename or a number like "Clone-45261" or something. But he instead has a named identity and position that singles him out from the rest of the clones.

Okay, well Cody still appeared as an individualized Commander in Revenge of the Sith, which was released before the Clone Wars CGI TV series. Plus they said "less independent", not "without any independence". One can have a personality of their own and still be a loyal and obedient rank-and-file soldier. And the ARC Troopers were specially made to for leadership positions and thus had greater independence (but not total independence) given to them. The AotC movie didn't go into the ARC Troopers, so it was left to the Expanded Universe to explore them.

Re: Star Wars is the best series ever!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:52 pm
by CYLON (13)
Wing Saber wrote:...Anyways, I've decided that I'm going to buy the movie and all previous seasons and get back into the show!


Cool beans!

I'm still trying to get my hands on the first 2 vols. of the 2-D animated one.

Re: Star Wars is the best series ever!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:28 am
by ironrod prime
the best sum up of the phantom mennace ever


Re: Star Wars is the best series ever!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:15 pm
by CYLON (13)
Ha! That was very cool to hear on this Sunday, thanks!

:D

Re: Star Wars is the best series ever!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:06 pm
by CYLON (13)
Check this guy out!
Image

Re: Star Wars is the best series ever!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:24 pm
by CYLON (13)
Isn't this poster cool?!?

Image

[EDIT:] This too:

Image

Re: Star Wars is the best series ever!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:44 am
by CYLON (13)

Re: Star Wars is the best series ever!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:11 pm
by Wing Saber
Image