Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

Have you met anyone famous?

Non-TF related Conversations

Have you met anyone famous?

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:22 pm

Just as the title says, is there anyone famous that you have met before in person?

A celebrity? An Actor? A singer? A comedian? A politician? A musician? A writer? A director? Etc. etc.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Re: Have you met anyone famous?

Postby ironrod prime » Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:52 pm

i met action jackson from pcw
ironrod prime

Postby mightwork » Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:22 am

I've met comedians Carl Baron and The Umbilical Brothers, I saw a David Strassman show aswell but he didn't come out for autographs. I've met a few NRL players also.
mightwork

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:37 am

I've met a few folks over the years.

I've met Scott McNeil and (briefly) Johnny Young Bosch at Metrocon 2008. Both awesome dudes.

Several times I've met and briefly hung out with Steven Curtis Chapman (my dad and him know each other). Very cool guy.

Once I met Stacie Orrico (my sister was a fan of hers).

This instance didn't happen to me, but to my dad. He had somehow gotten within a few feet away from Bill Engvall. When he relaized this, he called my older brother and told him this. When my brother told him (over the phone) to try and get Bill's autograph, my dad said something along the lines of "No, no, he's got a bunch a people crowding around him already, I really don' wanna bother him right now." And as he was saying this into the phone, Bill Engvall apparently heard him say this and lift his hand towards my dad and gave a big "Thank you!" gesture to him. :lol:

Oh, and uh, I've met the Lukis Bros. who run this here website. :grin:

Also met a few uses from Seibertron.com.

Plus, here's me with Steve Blum back at BotCon 2011. :mrgreen:

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Wing Saber » Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:47 pm

I met Roger Clemens, baseball player, before the steroid incedent
And I've met someone who will become famous!
Oh, and I've met Elvis Presley.
Wing Saber

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:34 pm

Wing Saber wrote:Oh, and I've met Elvis Presley.
And Santa Claus too, right? :lol:

J/K ;)

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Wing Saber » Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:57 pm

Sabrblade wrote:

J/K ;)

haha no, One time at a gas station after a basketball game a few years ago, this guy came up to me and my brother's, saying he was Elvis Presley, that he had survived, and was making a comeback in January, which, of course he never did. He actually looked like he believed it, too! :lol:
Wing Saber

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:01 pm

Wing Saber wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

J/K ;)

haha no, One time at a gas station after a basketball game a few years ago, this guy came up to me and my brother's, saying he was Elvis Presley, that he had survived, and was making a comeback in January, which, of course he never did. He actually looked like he believed it, too! :lol:
"Elvis has left the building." - In more ways than one. :lol:

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby CYLON (13) » Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:42 am

I didn't actually meet these folks, but I was standing a few feet away from them and said, "hi".

I met the dude from that old NBC show "Empty Nest", I think his name was Richard Mulligan or something. R.I.P. He was walking down the street, my bud told me "look who it is". I was starstruck, but turned back to see him. First star sighting. He was so cool, he looked back at me and gave me this cool Hollywood grin. Friggin' classic.

I met the dude from Rage Against The Machine, Zack De La Rocha. He was at a coffee shop, I was waiting for someone to get off work. He (my friend at the time) called to me and gestured in Zack's direction. I was friggin' starstruck! :lol: I couldn't move or anything.

I managed to yelp out, "hey!". :lol: He looks up from his coffee and I toss him a peace sign, he nods and walks away. After, I think I got a little stalk-ery. When I regained my composure I stepped outside to see if he was there. I was really into his band, back then. They're still cool, I'm just in a kind of different state of mind now.

I met artist Todd McFarlane (Spider-Man, Spawn) at a comic convention once. It was very brief, he was doing a signing and panel that day. So I just basically saw him and his entourage walk by. The dude I was with managed to get him to stop and take a picture, when I tried to do the same he walked away. :( Show business people, always so busy! Heh.

I met some dude named Lalo who draws a syndicated comic strip called "La Cucaracha". I think it's mostly a political thing, but I saw one recently where he takes a jab at the new Ultimate Spider-Man. Come to think of it, it was a little politically charged. darn hippies.

I think that's about it. I plan on eating more, though. Did I say eating? *Nervous laugh* I meant meeting. *Gulp!*

:lol:
"I will move away from here, you wont be afraid of fear" Nirvana
CYLON (13)

Return to Open Forum