Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

Character Pages

Non-TF related Conversations

Character Pages

Postby Wing Saber » Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:26 pm

Which administrator created the character pages?
Wing Saber

Re: Character Pages

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:08 pm

I believe those are done by Perceptor.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Wing Saber » Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:08 am

ok, thanks.
Wing Saber

Postby Obsidian » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:27 am

Interesting that you bring up the Character pages... ... ... 8-)
-Obsidian
(Unicron.com)
Obsidian
Site Admin

Postby Wing Saber » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:11 am

why is that?
Wing Saber

Postby Obsidian » Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:26 pm

Can't say to much at this point, but we're definitely working on something big in the future of Character pages. We're still in the early stages, but we're putting a LOT of development focus on the Character Pages side of our site. It is a variety of content we care quite a lot about, and we're looking to make some major improvements... Now that you've started this thread, when we're ready to show off what we're working on, I'll know where to come :^)
-Obsidian
(Unicron.com)
Obsidian
Site Admin

Postby Wing Saber » Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:16 pm

oh thats cool. I was asking cuz i wanted to know where the Armada Thundercracker pics were found
Wing Saber

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:42 pm

Wing Saber wrote:oh thats cool. I was asking cuz i wanted to know where the Armada Thundercracker pics were found
The toy pics were taken by the Lukis bros themselves, while the cartoon pics were taken fro mthe Unicron Battles episodes where Starscream had his blue color scheme. The toy represents a new character (Thundercracker), while the cartoon used this color scheme on an existing character (Starscream).

However, the Japanese version of the toy was actually sold under the name "Starscream" (or rather, "Starscream Supermode", as it the first toy was just called "Starscream") to represtn the same character in the show instead of a new character.

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Wing Saber » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:31 pm

oh did they take the cartoon pics straight from the show or did they get them from another site?
Wing Saber

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:12 pm

Wing Saber wrote:oh did they take the cartoon pics straight from the show or did they get them from another site?
They make the screencaps themselves, just as they do for all the character pages (unless someone else gives them an image or two). Taking things from another site (without permission, that is) is the equivalent of stealing.

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Next

Return to Open Forum