Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

Let's All Go To The Lobby (Movie News)

Non-TF related Conversations

Re: Let's All Go To The Lobby (Movie News)

Postby mightwork » Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:07 am

Cautiously optimistic about this one. My experience with Pacific Rim makes me hopeful but... the 1998 Godzilla... yeah
mightwork

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:51 am

At least this one won't have Emmerich to make it blow.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby ironrod prime » Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:22 pm

ironrod prime

Postby Agent X » Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:20 pm

mightwork wrote:

Cautiously optimistic about this one. My experience with Pacific Rim makes me hopeful but... the 1998 Godzilla... yeah

Differences between Godzilla (2014) and Zilla (1998)

1) Godzilla (2014) has Toho's full approval on script, and Toho heavily supervised and advised Legendary Picture to make sure Godzilla looks and sounds like Godzilla
2) Zilla (1998) has been officially noted by Toho as not being Godzilla, the creature is trademarked by Toho as Zilla
3) This is Toho's feelings about Zilla

In other words Zilla (1998) is not a Godzilla film, however it falls in the timeline that includes Godzilla King of the Monsters (1954) and GMK: All Monsters Attack (2001). And the Zilla creature is part of the Godzilla Final Wars (2004) timeline.

Personally I can't wait to see the Return of the King in 2014 :grin:
If Sony had gone with the original Toho approved plan of using Godzilla Junior from Godzilla vs Destoroyah (1995) as the monster for the 1998, it would have been a continuation of the Heisei era films.
Immaturity is shown by not trying to understand others, but by judging others.
Agent X

Postby Unicron fan » Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:15 pm

Unicron fan wrote:
Wing Saber wrote:The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug trailer

Now I know what I want to see on my birthday. Yes, this movie premieres on my very birthday. :D

Just saw it today, and it's a great movie. Highly recommended. :)
Unicron fan

Postby Agent X » Sat Dec 14, 2013 1:37 am

Saw The Hobbit The Desolation Of Smaug, angry we have to wait a year to see Smaug die oh well. Otherwise ok with some bad parts that have a film original she-elf in it. (Not all of her scenes are bad)

Can't wait until The Battle of the Five Armies :grin:
Immaturity is shown by not trying to understand others, but by judging others.
Agent X

Postby Unicron fan » Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:35 am

Agent X wrote:Saw The Hobbit The Desolation Of Smaug, angry we have to wait a year to see Smaug die oh well. Otherwise ok with some bad parts that have a film original she-elf in it. (Not all of her scenes are bad)

Can't wait until The Battle of the Five Armies :grin:

Yeah, it's difficult to wait an entire year to see the last movie of the trilogy. At least it's good they didn't defeat Smaug in this movie as what were they supposed to do in the third if they did? Smaug is after all the main enemy of The Hobbit. Even though we saw Sauron in this movie, he is the main enemy in The Lord of The Rings, which The Hobbit is a prequel to.
Unicron fan

Postby CYLON (13) » Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:06 pm

Haven't seen the first...love Evi Lilly, though! Glad to hear it's entertaining! Can't wait to check it!

You guys seen teh new Godzilla trailer? Looks soooooo good, right? Might have to actually venture out fer this one!
Godzilla 2014
"I will move away from here, you wont be afraid of fear" Nirvana
CYLON (13)

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:34 pm

CYLON (13) wrote:You guys seen teh new Godzilla trailer?
A few posts above, yes. :smile:
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Wing Saber » Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:37 pm

Saw the Hobbit yesterday! Smaug was so fantastic! Benedict Cumberbatch voiced him perfectly!
BIGGEST CLIFFHANGER EVER!
"I am fire!
I am death!"
"What have we done?!"
Wing Saber

PreviousNext

Return to Open Forum