Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

Let's All Go To The Lobby (Movie News)

Non-TF related Conversations

Re: Let's All Go To The Lobby (Movie News)

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:43 pm

They're casting for the new Batman, eh? I already know who I want to play him. Karl Urban, nuff said. 8-)
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Wing Saber » Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:29 pm

They said they wanted an older actor, so I put in my vote with Peter Weller

Also, I would love to see David Tennant as The Riddler. One more like the Arkham games/Animated Series than his last movie apearance. One determined to prove he's better than Batman to show the world his superiority.
Wing Saber

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:58 pm

Wing Saber wrote:They said they wanted an older actor, so I put in my vote with Peter Weller
But the article said "an actor in his late 30s or early 40s". Weller's in his 60s.

Urban's 41. ;)

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby ironrod prime » Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:11 pm

How about liam nessan or julian mcmahn
ironrod prime

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:38 pm

ironrod prime wrote:How about liam nessan or julian mcmahn
I dunno, Neeson sounds best when using his natural accent, and Bruce is American. Plus, with this being so close after the Nolan trilogy, it might confuse some audiences as to why Bruce suddenly looks a lot like Ra's al Ghul.

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Wing Saber » Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:09 pm

ironrod prime wrote:How about liam nessan or julian mcmahn

As much as I like Liam Neeson, I don't think he's right for the role.

Batman and Superman talk about their upcoming movie:
Wing Saber

Postby ironrod prime » Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:16 pm

Ok how about julian mcmahn
ironrod prime

Postby Wing Saber » Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:29 pm

New Trailer for Thor: The Dark World. We get to hear The Ninth Doc... I mean Malekith speak for the first time!
Wing Saber

Postby cyberwuss » Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:43 pm

Wing Saber wrote:They said they wanted an older actor, so I put in my vote with Peter Weller

Also, I would love to see David Tennant as The Riddler. One more like the Arkham games/Animated Series than his last movie apearance. One determined to prove he's better than Batman to show the world his superiority.

It would be cool if they did a live action of the one where the Riddler makes that labyrinth with the hand of fate that flies around and slaps at them, always loved that episode :p

I always liked the Riddler alot as a Batman Villain because it plays out more like a Spy vs Spy type thing, like those classic Kung Fu movies where they always wind up in a maze of mirrors or something or 007: The Man With The Golden Gun where he swaps places with the wax statue at the end to get Scaramanga LOL.
The coward desires revenge but being afraid to die, he looks to others, maybe to the government of the day, to do the work of defense for him.
cyberwuss

Postby Wing Saber » Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:44 pm

Apparently, Warner Bros has offered Christian Bale $60 Million to return as Batman.
A lot of people are against this, but it works. The movie is rumored to be based on the Dark Knight Returns, which features Batman coming out of retirement.
Wing Saber

PreviousNext

Return to Open Forum