Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

Let's All Go To The Lobby (Movie News)

Non-TF related Conversations

Re: Let's All Go To The Lobby (Movie News)

Postby CYLON (13) » Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:05 pm

Official synopsis for The Dark Knight Rises:

Warner Bros. Pictures' and Legendary Pictures' "The Dark Knight Rises" is the epic conclusion to filmmaker Christopher Nolan's Dark Knight trilogy.

It has been eight years since Batman vanished into the night, turning, in that instant, from hero to fugitive. Assuming the blame for the death of D.A. Harvey Dent, the Dark Knight sacrificed everything for what he and Commissioner Gordon both hoped was the greater good. For a time the lie worked, as criminal activity in Gotham City was crushed under the weight of the anti-crime Dent Act.

But everything will change with the arrival of a cunning cat burglar with a mysterious agenda. Far more dangerous, however, is the emergence of Bane, a masked terrorist whose ruthless plans for Gotham drive Bruce out of his self-imposed exile. But even if he dons the cape and cowl again, Batman may be no match for Bane.

Leading an all-star international cast, Oscar winner Christian Bale ("The Fighter") again plays the dual role of Bruce Wayne/Batman. "The Dark Knight Rises" also stars Anne Hathaway, as Selina Kyle; Tom Hardy, as Bane; Oscar winner Marion Cotillard ("La Vie en Rose"), as Miranda Tate; and Joseph Gordon-Levitt, as John Blake.

Returning to the main cast, Oscar winner Michael Caine ("The Cider House Rules") plays Alfred; Gary Oldman is Commissioner Gordon; and Oscar winner Morgan Freeman ("Million Dollar Baby") reprises the role of Lucius Fox.

The screenplay is written by Christopher Nolan and Jonathan Nolan, story by Christopher Nolan & David S. Goyer. The film is produced by Emma Thomas, Christopher Nolan and Charles Roven, who previously teamed on "Batman Begins" and the record-breaking blockbuster "The Dark Knight." The executive producers are Benjamin Melniker, Michael E. Uslan, Kevin De La Noy and Thomas Tull, with Jordan Goldberg serving as co-producer. The film is based upon characters appearing in comic books published by DC Comics. Batman was created by Bob Kane.

Source

"I will move away from here, you wont be afraid of fear" Nirvana
CYLON (13)

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:28 pm

So, looks like Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Marion Cotillard are both playing brand new characters (a la Katie Holmes/Maggie Gyllenhaal's character of Rachel Dawes from the previous two films) instead of existing comic book ones. Got it.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby CYLON (13) » Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:13 pm

I think it's unfair that Hollywood is releasing so many rad movies so close together. Don't they know I'm on a budget?!? :lol:

Batman 3 will be 164 minutes long. The first was 140 mins. while Dark Knight was 152 mins.

Source

Did you guys like the short films on the Thor and Captain America: The First Avenger dvd's? Y'know, the ones featuring Agent Coulson? For The Avengers release, Marvel has a new mini-pic. for us. I don't want to give anything away, especially if you haven't seen The Avengers...slight SPOILER in the link. I will say this, this the upcoming one runs longer than the previous short films; it's about 12 minutes long!

Marvel’s Next Short Film ‘Item 47′ Stars Lizzy Caplan as an Opportunistic Criminal

It wouldn't really be a Marvel movie without a Stan "The Man" Lee cameo, right? The Amazing Spider-Man flick is no exception. This time around, Stan had an idea for dialogue for his character to speak, it didn't make it into the film.
What line did he want?

"Oh, Dostoevsky. He's like the Russian Stan Lee."

Ha! That would've been great!
CYLON (13)

Postby skywarp408 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:50 pm

When i heard Batman was 3 hours i almost blew a gasket. I guess you get more bang for your buck though. I can't keep still that long, lol.
skywarp408

Postby CYLON (13) » Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:43 am

LOL, I know what ya mean. :lol:
I tried viewing the LOTR director's cut trilogy on the Encore cable channel, I couldn't do it! Maybe for first time viewings, I had seen the first two prior to that broadcast.

But, I can prolly stay put for Anne Hatheway as Catwoman! Rawr! :lol: ;)
CYLON (13)

Postby cyberwuss » Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:15 am

CYLON (13) wrote:But, I can prolly stay put for Anne Hatheway as Catwoman! Rawr! :lol: ;)

Me tooo... rawr!
The coward desires revenge but being afraid to die, he looks to others, maybe to the government of the day, to do the work of defense for him.
cyberwuss

Postby CYLON (13) » Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:27 pm

I like your style, dude. ;)

:grin:
CYLON (13)

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:14 pm

If only she were a few years younger. ;)

Though, her being cast as Catwoman makes for an... "interesting" pick, as she doesn't quite strike me as the Femme Fatale type. We'll see how she is when this movie comes out.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby CYLON (13) » Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:57 am

Younger? :o

She'll be 30 this year! That's poifect! :D (call me!)

Spoilers follow!:

The Dark Knight Rises: 5 Thing You Might Have Missed

(49 pages of production notes!)
Lots Of New Information In THE DARK KNIGHT RISES Production Notes

(synopsis)
ComicBookMovie.Com wrote:Disney’s fantastical adventure “Oz The Great and Powerful,” directed by Sam Raimi, imagines the origins of L. Frank Baum’s beloved character, the Wizard of Oz. When Oscar Diggs (James Franco), a small-time circus magician with dubious ethics, is hurled away from dusty Kansas to the vibrant Land of Oz, he thinks he’s hit the jackpot—fame and fortune are his for the taking—that is until he meets three witches, Theodora (Mila Kunis), Evanora (Rachel Weisz) and Glinda (Michelle Williams), who are not convinced he is the great wizard everyone’s been expecting. Reluctantly drawn into the epic problems facing the Land of Oz and its inhabitants, Oscar must find out who is good and who is evil before it is too late. Putting his magical arts to use through illusion, ingenuity—and even a bit of wizardry—Oscar transforms himself not only into the great and powerful Wizard of Oz but into a better man as well.

When small-time magician Oscar Diggs (James Franco) pulls one flimflam too many, he finds himself hurled into the fantastical Land of Oz where he must somehow transform himself into the great and powerful Wizard—and just maybe into a better man as well.

Source
CYLON (13)

Postby CYLON (13) » Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:35 am

CYLON (13)

PreviousNext

Return to Open Forum