Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

Your single favorite non-TF interest

Non-TF related Conversations

Your single favorite non-TF interest

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:08 pm

Since most of us here have the Transformers as his/her first favorite interest (or one of), what is your other single favorite interest aside from Transformers?

For me, it's Digimon.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Re: Your single favorite non-TF interest

Postby Lord Megatron » Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:19 pm

I have a LOT of other non-Transformers interests that I have to try and juggle around while still trying to stay on task with Unicron.com!

I'm not sure which one is my favorite, considering that Transformers is at the top of the list, I guess I've never really considered it.

I suppose that I might as well evaluate while I'm here:

1.Transformers
2.Batman
3.Metal Gear Solid
4.Sonic(Retro)
5.TMNT(Comics)
6.Animaniacs

-are among some of my favorites.

I suppose Batman would be my secondary function if Transformers were to ever leave(lets hope not!).
"He has no time for the dull roots at his feet, the buds on their roots, their promise... no time. It is the most beautiful flower in the field that he wants."
Lord Megatron

Postby Autobot-Girl » Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:28 am

I like to sculpt figurines, out of clay or model magic (this stuff by crayola, really easy to sculpt and air drys to the consistency of foam) most of my figurines are dragons, make 'em then sell them to make a profit for TFs and new supplies :D Soon I'm gonna have to make a site to sell them on :D
Autobot-Girl

Postby CYLON (13) » Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:06 pm

That's' so cool!

I guess music or tv in general is what seems to get most of my time. I love Lost, that show's all kinds of good. :lol:

Love surf music, classic rock, classical, oldies, soul- man if it's good I can dig it.

I really enjoy reading so besides the interweb, I like to pick up some comics when I can. Spider-Man is my all time favorite, but Batman's cool- Green Lantern's book is doing some really cool stuff right now. I'd like to get into more independant comics, but it seems kind of difficult for me to break away from traditional books (DC and Marvel).
But there seems to be alot of cool stuff out there now with writers that are getting high praises by fans.
"I will move away from here, you wont be afraid of fear" Nirvana
CYLON (13)

Postby Obsidian » Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:17 pm

I have a handfull of other non-TF related intrests. Namely: rollerblading, playing guitar, computer projects (design: 2D/3D/web, & repair), coming up with excuses to hang out with friends, rock climbing, canoeing, camping, and watching movies.
-Obsidian
(Unicron.com)
Obsidian
Site Admin

Postby Agent X » Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:51 pm

there is more than just Transformers :shock:

ok, ok, i'll tell my top 5 other than Transformers intersest

1: Gundam
2: gaming
3: Marvel Comics (because heros have problems too)
4: anime (not that yugayoh crap, the more refinded shit such as Cowboy Bebop and Black Lagoon)
5: Star Wars

and a long time ago it was Digimon
Immaturity is shown by not trying to understand others, but by judging others.
Agent X

Postby MDK Megatron » Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:12 am

Previous to Transformers it was Starwars. Sold all of that off many years ago and I'm not looking to start that collection over again. Besides reissue G1 Transformers I collect 1/18 diecast cars. Autoart, Meisto, etc. Have also put a lot of money into different cars I have owned. My favorite two I no longer own were my second car, an 83 Datsun 280ZX Turbo, and my third, an 89 RX-7 Turbo II. These days I have a 98 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC (96-98 Cobra intake and Vortech supercharger are just some of the mods) and I'm looking for a nice low mileage 04-05 supercharged, 5-speed, Mustang Cobra. Making these cars faster has tied up a lot of my money over the years. My first car? An 82 Plymouth Reliant. Don't miss the car but I had fun hitting shopping carts with it. Is that bad? I also play video games here and there. Forza 2 and Acecombat 6 are what I play the most. Can't wait for Forza 3. You can find me real easy on X-box live. MDK Starscream works to. You will get a kick out of the profiles being TF fans.
MDK Megatron

Postby rescue munky » Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:14 pm

I was an anything robotic type of collector a few months ago, but I really like Biology and Nature sciences, specially sharks and now I´m working on My grade project about them =) but things have been a little slow because of Biologist's Luck (you decide to study parrots and even the one your gramps have misteriously dissapears) so I´m writing in the forums for the while and resist the temptations that the Gundam model kits, Myth cloth figures and the new TF figures pose on the internet (they're too expensive I don´t want expend money on them because I have other priorities right now)
rescue munky

Postby ShyGod » Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:08 am

various games, such as anything made by Relic Entertainment (Homeworld, Dawn of war) and stuff by Fumito Ueda (ICO, Shadow of the Colossus, and the upcoming Last Guardian) the Metroid series (fan of the 2d and 3d games). TONS of other stuff of course. huge gamer. love RTSs and RPGs mostly id say. (JRPGs and Western.. the 'Tales of' series stands out.) Zelda too.

Anime wise, Ghibli stuff (Mostly Nausicaa, it's my all time favorite thing ever) Gurren Lagaan, Eureka Seven, Haruhi, Scrapped Princess.. lots of others.

TV show selection is vast... to name a few: Joss Wheedon things (Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Firefly, Dollhouse) Stargate (SG-1 Atlantis, and the upcoming UNIVERSE series.) Star Trek (everything EXCEPT the original series.)

Hobby wise, Paper models, and painting miniatures (Warhammer 40k specifically.)

Also, im a huge sketch artist. always making something. got a really old WACOM tablet recently been learning PAINTER. if anyone knows of other awesome programs to use, let me know.

If I had to name one? darn. Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind. I love me some blue.
"Et In Arcadia Ego Sum"
ShyGod

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:49 am

Recent, I've taken a liking to another non-TF interest: Bishōjo Senshi Sērā Mūn (Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon).

Having watched some of the English dub of the anime as a young child, I decided to revisit this part of my past and have now become a big fan of it in addition to Transformers and Digimon.

I watched all of the anime dubbed (which got really bad at times) and subbed (vastly superior to the English dub), all of the tokusatsu (Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, or PGSM) subbed, and read all of the manga chapters (the original version translated, not the dumb Tokyopop/Mixx English version).
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Next

Return to Open Forum