Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

Mighty Morphin Power Rangers and more coming to DVD

Non-TF related Conversations

Re: Mighty Morphin Power Rangers and more coming to DVD

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:03 am

Snap, crackle, and pop! :shock: Get a load of the epic teaser trailer for next season. They're adapting both Goseiger and Gokaiger into:

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby ironrod prime » Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:42 am

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :smile: :smile: :D :D :grin: :grin: :mrgreen:
ironrod prime

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:58 pm

ironrod prime wrote: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :smile: :smile: :D :D :grin: :grin: :mrgreen:
My thoughts exactly. I was skeptical at first, since it sounded like they'd be doing the same thing they did with Samurai when they said they'd be splitting Megaforce into two seasons with regular Megaforce adapting Goseiger and Super Megaforce adapting bits of Gokaiger, but seeing that trailer let's breathe a heavy sigh of relief.

Though, I'm still skeptical of a few things like such names as "Gosei", "Tensou", "RoboKnight", "Gosei Great Megazord", etc. sounding kinda lame to me. But, seeing as how the creators did admit that all of Samurai was a rush job pressured by Nickelodeon, as well as the fact that the folks at Saban were a bit rusty having not done a Power Rangers series in about a decade, I pray that they put a lot more time, effort, and carefulness into into Megaforce than they did Samurai.

Speaking of Nickelodeon, they just added Time Force to their line up of classic Power Rangers series this past weekend. Now they've got four past series airing on there (Jungle Fury, Dino Thunder, Ninja Storm, and Time Force). :grin:

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby ironrod prime » Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:26 pm

i wonder if nick will ever show the mmpr seasons un edited of course
ironrod prime

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:42 pm

ironrod prime wrote:i wonder if nick will ever show the mmpr seasons un edited of course
Dunno. Though, there's is also Vortexx, which is gonna be airing Lost Galaxy. :D

In the meantime, I've got some DVD watching to do, as my MMPR-Lost Galaxy DVD boxed sets are currently sitting beside me and they look GLORIOUS! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Agent X » Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:51 pm

its not necessarily both, but it might be the Super Sentai 199 vs movie seting up for season 2 using Gokaiger
Immaturity is shown by not trying to understand others, but by judging others.
Agent X

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:54 pm

Agent X wrote:its not necessarily both, but it might be the Super Sentai 199 vs movie seting up for season 2 using Gokaiger
It's been confirmed that Super Megaforce will adapt elements of Gokaiger.

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Agent X » Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:16 pm

so one season per sentai?

honestly i'm looking forward to seeing how the pre-zuranger sentai teams are addressed
Immaturity is shown by not trying to understand others, but by judging others.
Agent X

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:50 pm

Agent X wrote:so one season per sentai?

honestly i'm looking forward to seeing how the pre-zuranger sentai teams are addressed
Rumor has it that the Great Legend War footage may be re-shot by Toei to exclude the pre-Zyuranger and Dairanger teams.

Thinking about it, we could use a general Power Rangers/Tokusatsu thread. Should I merge all the existing threads on the subject (I don't think there's too many), or just create an all new one and leave each existing own to their own topics?

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby ironrod prime » Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:37 pm

nah just rename the thread power rangers discussion
ironrod prime

PreviousNext

Return to Open Forum