Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

Mighty Morphin Power Rangers and more coming to DVD

Non-TF related Conversations

Re: Mighty Morphin Power Rangers and more coming to DVD

Postby CYLON (13) » Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:11 pm

This is the best Pink Ranger, imo. :grin:
"I will move away from here, you wont be afraid of fear" Nirvana
CYLON (13)

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:28 pm

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Jen was better.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby ironrod prime » Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:18 pm

yes but adam was a ranger long before cat though
ironrod prime

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:22 pm

ironrod prime wrote:yes but adam was a ranger long before cat though
She was still the same number of different Rangers as him. Though, while Adam is definitely the second-longest lasting Ranger, I wonder who the third would be. While Kat was indeed three different Pink Rangers, it's just as you say, she wasn't a Ranger as long as Adam was. Then again, there's Jason, who was only two different Rangers, but still had been around since the beginning and then later returning during Zeo. Though, there's no telling how long he had his Red MM Ranger powers after having gotten them back at some point prior to his reappearance in "Forever Red". Now that I think about it, all of those guys must had had their powers for a while before reappearing in that episode. So, while we can probably say that Tommy was the longest-running Ranger, with Adam as the second-longest, it's much more difficult to pin down the third-longest Ranger.

Though, bit of trivia: Johnny Young Bosch considers Adam to be one of the most unimportant rangers ever. :lol:

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby ironrod prime » Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:30 pm

yeah all the rangers in forever red still had their powers though how tj still had his is a mystery

also though i agree jen was probably the best pink ranger i wanna give an honerable mention to kendrix and more so karone
ironrod prime

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:28 pm

ironrod prime wrote:yeah all the rangers in forever red still had their powers though how tj still had his is a mystery
It's assumed that any lost/destroyed powers were restored/repaired for that episode.

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby ironrod prime » Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:58 am

so in other words its chopped up to duece ex machina
ironrod prime

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:55 am

ironrod prime wrote:so in other words its chopped up to duece ex machina
...How? There's no deus ex machina involved here. "Plot convenience", yes, but nothing that says "We lost our powers and don't know how to get them back... oh, now we got them back thanks to this sudden power restoration! We're good." Those who lost their powers previously act like they were restored well in advance of the episode, so there's definitely no deus ex machina involved with their powers being back.

Now, the Wild Force Rider being the thing that easily destroys the mighty Serpentera, however, is definitely a deus ex machina, as it resolves a seemingly impossible conflict in mere minutes, but I digress.

Let's look at each Red Ranger and see just how each got their powers back.

First up is Jason, who had previously transferred his powers to Rocky when he left for the World Peace Conference. Now, after he had left, Rocky kept using the powers until Rito arrived in season 3 and destroyed the megazords and caused a power surge at the Command Center. This initiated the Rangers to seek out Ninjor, who would provide them with their new Ninja powers. Then later, Goldar would crush the Ninja Power Coins thus destroying those powers. However, while he had crushed the Ape coin, it is the original tyrannosaurus coin that Jason uses in "Forever Red". Also note that, in Adam's returning episode of In Space, Adam uses the original Mastodon coin to morph, despite it having been damaged (like from the power surge mentioned before). Since we see that these two coins still existed, it's probably safe to assume that the power surge did not destroy, but damaged them. At the time, they may not have had any means to repair them, so they sought out Ninjor for new coins. But, given how many years take place between MMPR and "Forever Red", as well as given how much interaction there has been between Earth and alien technology over the years, it is very likely that there had been advances made in technology that could possibly repair the original Power Coins back to functioning order. As for how Jason got his morpher back, it's entirely possible that Rocky simply gave it back to him during Zeo.

Though, there is an explanation given by one of the episode's creators, Amit Bhaumik, who said that, in a Power Rangers comic, Lord Zedd used the remianing energies of the original Dino coins to create Dark Rangers (not the same ones from Tommy's final Green Ranger episode), whose movrphed forms resembled the original MM Rangers when they had their Dino coins, and that Jason got his powers back from the Red Dark Rangers. Buuuuuuut, considering the debatable canonicity of Power Rangers comics with the show (especially since the Dark Rangers used the Thunder Megazord, and the White Tigerzord also made an appearance, at a time after they were all destroyed), it's a bit of a stretch. :|

Aurico still had his powers, as the Aqitian Rangers never lost their powers.

Tommy's Zeo Powers weren't shown to be destroyed, as the switch over to the Turbo Powers was just them getting new morphers and new zords without any reason given for the Zeo Powers to be retired. Kat even attempts to morph in Zeo Ranger I in the Turbo movie (only to be cut short mid-transformation by the river), showing that their Zeo Powers still worked even then. So, his Zeo powers still being intact is little surprise.

TJ having the Turbo Powers after they were destroyed can be explained by Lightning Cruiser. Recall how in Justin's guest episode of In space showed that Storm Blaster had a spare morpher for him, so it's also very possible that Lightning Cruiser had a spare morpher for TJ, tied directly into Lightning Cruiser's own power just as Justin's spare morpher is believed to be tied directly into Storm Blaster's power.

Andros still had his powers, so moving on.

Leo retrieved the Quasar Saber from its post, so he got his back just like he before in the Lost Galaxy/Lightspeed Rescue team-up.

Carter may have given his morpher and jacket to Captain Mitchell in the final episode of Lightspeed Rescue, but he must have gotten them back since he was seen having both of them back later in the team-up with Time Force. Thus, he's still got them here.

Wes kept his powers, which still worked.

Same with Eric.

Cole was the active Red Ranger at the time, so his powers were active.

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby ironrod prime » Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:26 pm

i assume youve never heard of the copied power coins thoery many pr fans believe that when jasson, zack, and trini left for the paece conferance their powers werent transfered but copied thus however i assume this was proved wrong by the turbo movie where jasson appears to be powerless
ironrod prime

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:53 pm

ironrod prime wrote:i assume youve never heard of the copied power coins thoery many pr fans believe that when jasson, zack, and trini left for the paece conferance their powers werent transfered but copied thus however i assume this was proved wrong by the turbo movie where jasson appears to be powerless
And the fact that "too much pink energy is dangerous", which was further illustrated in Dino Thunder when the White Ranger's powers were copied and split between Trent and the evil clone. More than one person holding control over the same powers at the same time causes instability in the Morphin Grid, so it's probably more safe to assume that the powers were tranfered to Rocky instead of simply copied (hence the episode's title of "The Power Transfer" making more sense).

Sabrblade
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Open Forum