Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

Digimon

Non-TF related Conversations

Digimon

Postby Sabrblade » Tue May 11, 2010 12:46 am

Been meaning to make this thread for a long time. If you aren't aware of this yet, I am a die hard fan of the Digimon franchise. Not just the anime, but the manga, the anime movies, some of the video games, the toys, just about everything (except the card games, never got into those).

This topic is where you are free to discuss anything in regards to Digimon, including (but not limited to) the following:

The anime series:
1. Digimon Adventure
2. Digimon Adventure 02 (A.K.A. "Zero Two")
3. Digimon Tamers
4. Digimon Frontier
5. Digimon Savers
6. Digimon Xros Wars
- 6.2. Digimon Xros Wars: The Evil Death Generals and the Seven Kingdoms
- 6.3. Digimon Xros Wars: The Young Hunters Who Leap Through Time

Their dubs:
1. Digimon: Digital Monsters - Season 1
2. Season 2
3. Season 3
4. Season 4
5. Digimon Data Squad
6. Digimon Fusion

The anime movies:
1. Digimon Adventure
2. Digimon Adventure: Our War Game
3. Digimon Adventure 02: Digimon Hurricane Touchdown!! Supreme Evolution!! The Golden Digimentals
4. Digimon Adventure 02: Diablomon Strikes Back
5. Digimon Tamers: The Adventurers' Battle
6. Digimon Tamers: The Runaway Digimon Express
7. Digimon Frontier: Revival of the Ancient Digimon!!
8. Digital Monster X-Evolution
9. Digimon Savers The Movie: Ultimate Power! Activate Burst Mode!!

Their dubs:
1-3. Digimon: The Movie
- a. Highton View Terrace, Japan 8 years ago
- b. Four Years Later
- c. Present Day
4. Digimon: Revenge of Diaboromon
5. Digimon: Battle of Adventurers
6. Digimon: Runaway Locomon
7. Digimon: Island of Lost Digimon
8. N/A
9. N/A

The manga series:
* C'Mon Digimon
* Digimon Adventure V-Tamer 01
* Digimon Chronicle
* Digimon D-Cyber
* The English manga by Tokyopop (covers the first three anime series in an abridged format)
* Digimon Next
* Digimon Xros Wars

The games: the virtual pets, the card games, the Wonderswan games, the PS1/PS2 games, the GBA games, the GameCube games, the XBox games, the DS games, any upcoming games, or any other of their games I may have missed.

The toys, or just Digimon in general.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Re: Digimon

Postby Sabrblade » Tue May 11, 2010 1:04 am

To start things off, I have a little announcement... okay, I'm lying, it's a BIG announcement! :mrgreen:

There's going to be a sixth anime series called "Digimon Xros Wars" (pronounced "Cross Wars").

The main headline is "A new Digimon is chosen to become a nationally televised TV anime!!"

The red box says "This is a quick lineup of the main Digimon that play a role in the TV program! Furthermore, they link with the "shop appliance" scheduled for release this summer!!"

The orange boxes say:

"New Digimon is the start of a nationally televised anime! This is a lineup of the main characters who play a role from the beginning of the TV program!"

"These link with Bandai's shop appliance, AR Colosseum (tentative)! If the two-dimensional codes attached to the straps are read by the shop appliance, there is a another feature of being able to battle digimon in the store!"

The final bottom headline is "Please look forward to New Digital Monsters!"

The human kid is named Kudou Taiki (Japanese order) / Taiki Kudou (English order). Age 13, 7th grade. "Taiki" is his first name, "Kudou" is his surname.

The red dino lizard = Shoutmon, Taiki's partner
The white/orange horned-wolf = "Dorurumon"
The blue beetle bot = "Barisutamon" (Ballistamon?)
The dark blue/gray Greymon lookalike = "Gureimon" (Greymon? A new kind of Greymon?)
The green box thing = Monitormon
The Omegamon/Omnimon-esque guy = ShoutmonX4 (with "X4" pronounced as "cross four")

The names of the others are unknown.

If you look closely, "ShautomonX4" seems to be formed by a combination of "Shautomon" (head/upper torso), "Dorurumon" (legs/left shoulder), and "Barisutamon" (arms/right shoulder). And those other smaller digimon (i.e., the one that looks like SuperStarmon and those little silver baby-looking ones) form his sword weapon.

And that new Greymon seems to be an antagonist of sorts, as he's cast in shadow behind the kid and his digimon looking ferocious and kinda evil-like.

Judging from this image, these new digimon seem to be kinda mecha-like, and I am heavily reminded of the mecha series Daigunder from seeing this image.

Clearer giant image here: http://www.tv-asahi.co.jp/digimon/

More new info: http://community.livejournal.com/digimon/556124.html
Exclusive first scoop!!
New Digimon Anime Broadcast Conformed!!

Starting this July on Terebi Asahi Keizenkoku Network!

Digimon Army vs. Digimon Army!
A great war like never before will begin!

Digimon Cross Wars. (Digimon Xros Wars)

We have our hands on an exclusive scoop! This summer, a new “Digimon” anime will start. New Digimon and a new exciting story about new Tamers*, is coming to you faster than ever!

The new main character and his Digimon are these two!
Keeping with the same fond memories, new heros take the stage!

New information GET!! The first information about the hero and partner at the center of this story is here!! Fighting with strong memories in his heart, let’s see the power tucked away!!

A hero who saves everyone in trouble!

Kudou Taiki:
Someone who will never overlook those in need, a first year junior high school student with a warm personality. Someone who handles a lot of requests, a person who is always busy as the helper with his club activities!

A Digimon leader with a soul of rock!

Shautomon:**
A Digimon who protects the village of peace in the Digital World from the hands of evil. He is a leader admired by the Digimon in the village.

Children command the Digimon, lead the Digital World to Unity!
In this new anime, the children are commanders of the Digimon! Restoring unity to the Digital World, the armies make use of strategy and strike! Don’t miss this grand battle like you’ve never seen!

*Yes, the word “Tamer” really is used, and it is plural.
**May be intended to be “Shoutmon” in English.

Taiki is a junior high student, and “children” and “tamers” are both definitely plural. Also, I think Shautomon is supposed to be somewhat rock and roll themed, since it says he has a soul of rock, wearing headphones, name sounds like "shout." Discuss!

Image may be used freely, I'd like credit for the translation. After midnight in Japan, hope y'all appreciate it... although I'm too excited to sleep anyhow =D

EDIT: So hay guys, you know how I said I posted this after midnight? The ad was sort of a potser pull out kind of thing that I thought I had to scan and put together in four pieces because it didn't fit. I didn't seem to figure out I could just scan it vertically. My face when I realized this must have been priceless. ANYHOW, I re-scanned it so now you can REALLY see right up into Taiki's existent nostrils!

Cross Wars Page 1, Cross Wars Page 2

There was also an ad for Digimon Lost Evolution in the same magazine, so I figured why not scan that too. I didn't translate it because... I really have no idea if this is new info or not since I haven't kept up with Lost Evo stuff.

Lost Evo Page 1, Lost Evo Page 2

New image from Toei's website - http://www.toei-anim.co.jp/tv/digimon_xw/

Also, according to several blogs, Shoutmon is said to possess something called a "Lock Spirit", whatever that is.

Another new image scan:

A new era of Digimon is coming!
The battles this time are going to be amaaaaaazering.
Kudou Taiki and Shoutmon are a strong tag team in the Digital World. A fight between Digimon armies will unfold like that in the Era of Warring States.
Shoutmon-- A Digimon who protects a peaceful village in the Digital World. He becomes the leader of the group and faces the Digimon armies that attack the village.
Kudou Taiki-- 7th grade boy. His sense of justice is strong and he's excellent in sports. He has a cheerful and positive attitude, and cannot turn his back on someone in trouble.
Digimon are? Monsters who live in the Digital World. Their bodies are made up of digital data, and when they receive heavy damage, that data breaks down and is destroyed. They evolve to power up.
The Digital World is? A foreign world that exists on the other side of the computer network connected throughout the world. Everything in it is made up of digital data. It appears to contain many different areas, but further details are still unclear.

Sounds like it's going to be a civil war similar to those from back in Japan's Warring States Era.

Overall, I am offically psyched about this!

EDIT: 5/18/2010
New scans reveal more info:

2. http://i46.tinypic.com/23uv46.jpg

More human characters:
Protagonists - Akari Hinomoto and Zenjirou Tsurugi
Antagonists - Kiriha Aonuma and Nene Amano

These names are written "first name last name", BTW.

Voice cast:
Taiki Kudou- Minami Takayama (Dorumon in X-Evolution, and Conan in Detective Conan)
Shoutmon- Chika Sakamoto (Agumon from Digimon Adventure)
Akari Hinomoto- Ryoko Shiraishi (Kaede in Negima, and Hayate in Hayate the Combat Butler)
Zenjirou Tsurugi- Daisuke Kishio (Kicker in Transformers Super Link, and Imadori in School Rumble)
Kiriha Aomema- Takeshi Kusao (Trunks in Dragon Ball Z)
Nene Amano- Houko Kuwashima (Sango in Inu-Yasha, Kagura in Azumanga Daioh)

The new digivice is called the Digimon Cross Loader.

ShoutmonX4 = Shoutmon + Ballistamon + Dorurumon + Starmon

There's also seems to be a manga of it coming out in the August issue of V-Jump magazine.

EDIT: (5/21/2010
Got better versions of some of the previous scans:

And more info:
-The Shoutmonx4 fusion is called "Digixros" (Digi-cross)
-Taiki and his friends are thrown into the DW much like in Adventure
-Xros Loader digivice can call out Digimon and help them evolve... so I guess it's a lot like Savers Digi-burst in that regard.

And while not anime news, the Xros Loader toy coming out can also be used as an mp3 player.
A little more news from a blog about the story:
Protagonist Taiki Kudou is an uncommonly good samaritan of a 7th grader whose favorite phrase is "I can't leave them be!" (Hottokenai!) One day, the Digimon Xros Loader appears and Shoutmon's voice calling for help reach Taiki. The "D Digimon Xros Loader" is an important item that can give power to the Digimon for their "Digixros" fusion. Taiki was chosen to be a "General" who uses that power. Taiki and his friends are thrown towards another world, the "Digital World". With the appearance of rivals and enemy Digimon, the DW develops into a stage for "Xros Wars"! Taiki and Shoutmon combine their Digimon army with "D Digimon Xros Loader" and face off strong opponents with Digixros!

The Xros Loader toy is going to be the first to come in color LCD.
Akari Hinomoto - Taiki's childhood friend and one year younger than him. She worries about Taiki because he is always doing the unreasonable.
Taiki Kudou - A hot-blooded 7th grader who saves the weak. He fights with Shoutmon and is the main character.
Zenjirou Tsurugi - Taiki's classmate and kendo boy who proclaims to be Taiki's "eternal rival". He hates things that are immoral/injust.
Kiriha Aonuma - 7th grader who leads and fights with Greymon. He eliminates enemies with cold and calculated methods, spreading the influence of his power.
Nene Amano - A beautiful girl who leads a mysterious army. She appears to be searching for strong soldiers for a purpose, but...?

A video clip ad can be seen here - http://www.carddas.com/digimon/
Notice Lilithmon is seen, making her the first familiar, non-redesigned digimon seen thus far.

One more thing.
POSTER: http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/9406/digimoncrosswars.jpg

MARKETING: http://www.bandai.co.jp/press/images/3/56876.pdf

EDIT: (5/22/2010)
Also, there's been an update here: http://www.toei-anim.co.jp/tv/digimon_xw/
Scroll down to see full body images of the five children, and there's info regarding the cast and staff:
In additon to the previously-revealed cast, there's...
Dorurumon: Takahiro Sakurai
Sparrowmon: Kokoro Kikuchi
Monitormon: Yuuko Maruyama
Tactimon: Bin Shimada
As for the Staff...
PRODUCERS: Tomoharu Matsuhisa, Hiroyuki Sakurada
DIRECTOR: Tetsuya Endo
CONFIGURATION SERIES: Riku Sanjo
CHARACTER DESIGN / CHIEF ANIMATION DIRECTOR: Akihiro Asanuma
ART DESIGN: Shinzo Yuki

Also, here's the Carddas video on YouTube, ShoutmonX4 looks absolutely epic! - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p13n1kx-I6Y

And, the name of the blue metal bird behind the evil Greymon is MailBirdramon.
I'm going to edit the previous voice cast members to match this new format with links to their ANN pages.

[bEDIT: (5/24/2010)[/b]
New image of the ShoutmonX4 toy:
It's probably still a prototype, so hopefully the final product will look much better.

And here's the poster from before in a smaller size.

EDIT: (5/30/2010)
More news/info.

The large dark-looking digimon behind Nene is "DarkKnightmon" *Insert Batman pun here* :P
This image is too big to post here, so - http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/1154/xroswarsabfigureset.jpg

The small digimon that form the blade of ShoutmonX4's sword are called "Pickmon" (Pikkumon).

Also, images of the toys reveal more combinations.
* Shoutmon's mic + Starmon + 4 Pikkumon = Star Sword
* Shoutmon + Barisutamon = ShoutmonX2
* Shoutmon + Dorurumon = Doruru Cannon
* Shoutmon + Baristamon + Dorurumon + Star Sword = ShoutmonX4

There's also images of the Greymon and MailBirdramon prototypes.

EDIT: (6/9/2010)
More toys info:
From left to right: Shoutmon, ShoutmonX4, Greymon, METALGREYMON, DarkKnightmon

This new MetalGreymon looks to be like a DigiXros between the new Greymon and MailBirdramon.

Also, the names of the teams known thus far have been identified as:
Taiki - Xros Heart
Kiriha - Blue Flare
Nene - Twilight (*shudders*)

A new Digimon's name has been revealed: Cutemon ("Kyutomon"). This could very well be the little pink bunny we've see nin previosu poster scans.

Digimon.net has new profiles for Shoutmon and Ballistamon. I can't tell what the bios say yet, but the attacks I can do.
Shoutmon: Rock Damashii (Rock Spirit), Soul Crusher, Rowdy Rocker
Ballistamon: Horn Breaker, Heavy Speaker

New scans with new info:
http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/1277/60804257.jpg
http://img709.imageshack.us/img709/931/50521971.jpg

The info reads:
This time, Digimon combine and battle! They DigiXros and Power Up!

Digimon combine and power up. The smaller digimon even combine and form powerful weapons!

In mid-July, Digimon Xros Wars toys will be released by Bandai! Look for the full details in the August issue!

Shoutmon
A hot-blooded digimon who presses forward in a straight line. He is charmed by Taiki's personality and becomes his partner.

Ballistamon
He's an honest, warrior-like digimon with a taciturn nature. He becomes a shield for his allies with his awesome power and armor.

Dorurumon
His battle ability is high, but he hates being commanded or bound by rules. He's a cool vagabond.

Starmon
He combines with a number of Pickmon and becomes a giant sword.

These four digimon combine!

Shoutmon x4
The power of four digimon amasses. He mows down enemies with the sword held in his hand and the drill on his tail.

Gather the power of your allies and win the Digital World's Sengoku Jidai!

Kudou Taiki
The protagonist. He's a first year middle school boy. He is big-hearted and has a strange appeal, and he charms both digimon and humans.

Hinomoto Akari
She's a sixth year primary school girl. She's Taiki's childhood friend. As a reliable person, she is the peacemaker amongst her group.

Tsurugi Zenjirou
He's Taiki's classmate. He is argumentative, but his good nature shows and he takes good care of Taiki and the digimon.

Aonuma Kiriha
He's a first year middle school boy. He commands a large digimon army and is aiming to conquer the Digital World.

Amano Nene
She's a mysterious girl. She observes Kiriha and Taiki operating their digimon armies and is searching for that ability.

Broadcast begins nationwide on July 6th (Tuesday) at 7:27 PM on TV Asahi!

Last, but not least, A NEW TRAILER HAS SHOWN UP ON YOUTUBE!!!

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby TriPredRavage » Tue May 11, 2010 3:32 pm

I was really big into Digimon back in the day when it first came out, and throughout high school when season 4 came out. Admittedly, season 4 (I just call it Frontier, as I believe most people do) is my favorite of the series. I loved the show and I loved its movie.

I tried watching Savers back about... 3 years ago now and I couldn't get into it. Then they released it as Data Squad here and I never saw it, so I never fell into it. BUT the Digimon World games for the DS (Digimon World DS, Dawn, and Dusk) were excellent. The first one even featured the Data Squad kids, so, I kinda felt like I knew what they were about. Other than those three, Digimon World 2 for the PS1 I thought was excellent, but I got stuck hard core near the end of the game and never finished it. I always think about starting it over.

I had every Digimon TCG card for the first three series of cards, and stopped collecting when it got to the forth set which featured Tamers Digimon. (I really wasn't a fan of Tamers.)

Favorite Digimon line:
Tapirmon > Apemon > Mammothmon > SkullMammothmon
Which, while it strangely hasn't been a possible evolution line in the world games as of late, is an official evolution line in both the TCG and Digimon World 2. Which, make sense for a varity of reasons that this would be the... I don't know... "official" line? I can explain it, if anybody cares.

Did you know that FUNimation has posted on thier website Digimon Adventure 02 episodes with the original Japanese language track and official English subtitles?
http://www4.funimation.com/video/?page=show&b=275
TriPredRavage

Postby Sabrblade » Tue May 11, 2010 11:00 pm

TriPredRavage wrote:I was really big into Digimon back in the day when it first came out, and throughout high school when season 4 came out. Admittedly, season 4 (I just call it Frontier, as I believe most people do) is my favorite of the series. I loved the show and I loved its movie.
Back in the days before Savers when I had only watched the English dubs, Adventure and Frontier were tied as my favorites, followed by Tamers, and then Zero Two in last place. But when I saw Savers (in Japanese) that all changed.

TriPredRavage wrote:I tried watching Savers back about... 3 years ago now and I couldn't get into it. Then they released it as Data Squad here and I never saw it, so I never fell into it.
When I saw Savers, I was stoked by it, as it was the first anime that I had ever seen in Japanese with English subtitles. Admittedly, the series is not the best of the five, but it does have its merits. After looking back at it, I realize why so many have difficulty getting into it. Its plot doesn't really come about until the 12th episode, with the previous 11 being mostly fillers. But these filliers do help us get better acquainted with the characters and the 8th-11th episode do kinda build up to the plot's intro in episode 12.

As for the English dub of Data Squad... IT ROCKS!!!! It is, without a doubt, by far, the most faithfully-scripted and most accurate to the original story of all five English dubs. I was completely blown away by just how close it stuck to Savers. There were many episodes that were literally word-for-word translations of the Japanese episodes (albeit, with the necessary name & term changes included). The only really negative thing about the English dub is the censorship inflicted upon it. And there's a LOT of censorship goin on in this series, but most of it was bearable and decent (except for what they did to BomberNanimon in episode 7, that was just :lol:).

TriPredRavage wrote:Favorite Digimon line:
Tapirmon > Apemon > Mammothmon > SkullMammothmon
Which, while it strangely hasn't been a possible evolution line in the world games as of late, is an official evolution line in both the TCG and Digimon World 2. Which, make sense for a varity of reasons that this would be the... I don't know... "official" line? I can explain it, if anybody cares.
I get what you're saying. You're say that if Bakumon/Tapirmon were to have gone through a full evolutionary line in the anime, that this is what it likely would have been, right?

Though, officially, Digimon do not have a single true evolutionary line that they follow. Unlike Pokemon, Digimon evolution branches out to a great and varying extent, with multiple routes that can be taken. Cool, huh?

TriPredRavage wrote:Did you know that FUNimation has posted on thier website Digimon Adventure 02 episodes with the original Japanese language track and official English subtitles?
http://www4.funimation.com/video/?page=show&b=275
Not just FUNimation, but Crunchyroll has them too, and in a higher quality. I've seen them all, but I'm sad to say that I wasn't pleased with the quality of the subs. A LOT of dub names/terms were used over the original ones, and some names/terms were given names that differed from both the Japanese and dub versions.

Fortunately, a fansubbing group called PositronCannon is working to make their own Zero Two fansubs using the scripts of these official Toei subs, but correcting the errors made in them. I'm waiting until they fully complete the series before I download them for myself.

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby TriPredRavage » Wed May 12, 2010 10:29 am

Sabrblade wrote:I get what you're saying. You're say that if Bakumon/Tapirmon were to have gone through a full evolutionary line in the anime, that this is what it likely would have been, right?

Though, officially, Digimon do not have a single true evolutionary line that they follow. Unlike Pokemon, Digimon evolution branches out to a great and varying extent, with multiple routes that can be taken. Cool, huh?

Yeah, in that way that Gabumon clearly evolved into Garurumon, into WereGarurumon, into MetalGarurumon, into Omnimon.

I like that Digimon has that optional evolution thing going on, but sometimes I wish it was a little more regulated. I think Fresh to In-Training is always the same (or should be, sans some animation errors). I'm having some trouble thinking of it now, but I seem to recall some evolutions taking place in the shows where I was like "how did that just happen?" It's been far too long since I watched any of the shows (or any shows in general, for that matter (darn you college!)).

Sabrblade wrote:Not just FUNimation, but Crunchyroll has them too, and in a higher quality. I've seen them all, but I'm sad to say that I wasn't pleased with the quality of the subs. A LOT of dub names/terms were used over the original ones, and some names/terms were given names that differed from both the Japanese and dub versions.

Fortunately, a fansubbing group called PositronCannon is working to make their own Zero Two fansubs using the scripts of these official Toei subs, but correcting the errors made in them. I'm waiting until they fully complete the series before I download them for myself.

You're going to have to tell me if they ever fansub Frontier. I tried watching a fansub of Frontier last summer, but it was just abysmal. There were subtitles in Japanese in it. Ugh... =_=
TriPredRavage

Postby Sabrblade » Wed May 12, 2010 2:08 pm

TriPredRavage wrote:You're going to have to tell me if they ever fansub Frontier. I tried watching a fansub of Frontier last summer, but it was just abysmal. There were subtitles in Japanese in it. Ugh... =_=
Frontier was fully subbed in English by Wolf Pack Productions. I've downloaded all of their episodes, but I have yet to watch them (as I'm waiting for Tamers to be finished - I'm stubborn like that ;) - and because of college and work).

This page has links to subs of every series, movie, and OVA; as well as giving the status of each fansubber's progress.

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby TriPredRavage » Wed May 12, 2010 2:15 pm

Sabrblade wrote:Frontier was fully subbed in English by Wolf Pack Productions. I've downloaded all of their episodes, but I have yet to watch them (as I'm waiting for Tamers to be finished - I'm stubborn like that ;) - and because of college and work).

This page has links to subs of every series, movie, and OVA; as well as giving the status of each fansubber's progress.

Word.
TriPredRavage

Postby Sabrblade » Wed May 12, 2010 3:00 pm

I've also read all the manga, and I gotta say that V-Tamer and Next were epic. Chronicle was okay, but it's story was sparse, consisting only of non-sequitor mini-manga chapters. And I personally did not like D-Cyber. I'll admit that its basic premise was interesting, but I felt severely unsatisfied by the end result.

I could not get enough of V-Tamer. It's seemed like its own anime series in book form, and some even claim it to be better than the anime. Next was also very good, particularly near the end where the final battle against the main big bad heads underway.

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby TriPredRavage » Wed May 12, 2010 4:52 pm

V-Tamer was the one with Tai (not Adventure Tai, the other one) and Veedramon, right? I've read a bunch of that one... but I don't think I finished it. Otherwise, I own all the manga for Adventure, 02, and Tamers. I'm still disappointed that Frontier's manga hasn't been released stateside. (or, if it has, I'm out of the loop)
TriPredRavage

Postby Sabrblade » Wed May 12, 2010 5:15 pm

TriPredRavage wrote:V-Tamer was the one with Tai (not Adventure Tai, the other one) and Veedramon, right? I've read a bunch of that one... but I don't think I finished it. Otherwise, I own all the manga for Adventure, 02, and Tamers. I'm still disappointed that Frontier's manga hasn't been released stateside. (or, if it has, I'm out of the loop)
Yep, V-Tamer starred a different Taichi Yagami, partnered with a V-dramon named Zeromaru. That story was epic, especially towards the end with *[SPOILERS]*Neo getting Arkadimon*[/SPOILERS]*

Regarding the Adventure thru Tamers manga by Tokyopop, I only own book 4 of Adventure. I wanted the rest of it, but never got around to purchasing them when they were out (and when I did get around to it, they were no longer for sale :(). And, yes, Frontier's manga still remains unreleased in English.

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Next

Return to Open Forum